Re: British Royal Family joint and group events Part 2

Started by TLLK, May 24, 2022, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Nightowl on November 22, 2022, 01:35:38 PM
Oh yes, lets  have lots of pictures to talk about....Catherine looked great today, just a fabulous outfit so wondering that she will wear tonight, and  what tiara for her and Camilla.

And your right TLLK, seeing all the pomp and ceremonies after a long drought was exciting to watch....I could not find Major Johnny as I thought he was always right near King Charles at all times...lol

@Nightowl-I expect that Major Johnny is present, but might have been out of view for photos.

I'm hoping that the Royal Family Orders for the reign of KCIII had been prepped prior to the end of QEII's reign though it's possible that they were not.  I've read but can't confirm that these RFOs will be painted on glass instead of ivory.

As usual the DM has splendid photos with all of today's highlights from the welcoming ceremony: The Wales at the hotel to greet the SA President, the ceremony at Horse Guards and the carriage rides back to Buckingham Palace.

King Charles, Kate Middleton and Prince William greet South African president Cyril Ramaphosa | Daily Mail Online

Princess Cassandra

I'm also hoping we'll so those new orders. I've been wondering about the color of the ribbons - will he use the racing colors as he did on his Remembrance Day wreath?

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on November 22, 2022, 04:03:39 PM
I'm also hoping we'll so those new orders. I've been wondering about the color of the ribbons - will he use the racing colors as he did on his Remembrance Day wreath?

We have wait till tonight have new orders of colors ribbons

TLLK

The party from the RSA and the members of the BRF are viewing artifacts associated with the RSA and the UK. The Wessexes and the DoG are also present.

Honestly this would be a personal highlight for me to see the number of artifacts that the Royal Collection has in its inventory.
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/status/1595068415492096002?s=61&t=kxYKKUGcwBKBLCAxNT6Qfg

https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/status/1595069521110368256?s=61&t=kxYKKUGcwBKBLCAxNT6Qfg

wannable

The Royal Family
@royalfamily
Official
🌺 As final touches are made, The King and The Queen Consort inspect the table ahead of tonight's State Banquet.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1595112436444823553

Curryong

A delicious selection of food items, if a bit rich. I wouldn?t be tucking into too many of the truffles.

TLLK

Macrobug67

Had no idea what brill was.   Now I do.   Yeah, internet!

Curryong

One thing I did notice with this State Dinner (see photo from article) is that on this occasion Charles kept his pants on! On previous such occasions the senior Royal males, including PP, were seen wearing Windsor Court dress, which involves the wearing of all black breeches and hose with slippers on the feet. Maybe this time is because S.A is a Commonwealth country, a republic not a monarchy. Or maybe Charles has jettisoned the custom.

King Charles Reveals Nickname Nelson Mandela Used for Queen Elizabeth

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on November 23, 2022, 02:53:15 AM
One thing I did notice with this State Dinner (see photo from article) is that on this occasion Charles kept his pants on! On previous such occasions the senior Royal males, including PP, were seen wearing Windsor Court dress, which involves the wearing of all black breeches and hose with slippers on the feet. Maybe this time is because S.A is a Commonwealth country, a republic not a monarchy. Or maybe Charles has jettisoned the custom.

King Charles Reveals Nickname Nelson Mandela Used for Queen Elizabeth
Or perhaps he doesn't like the Windsor Court dress and had to wear it previously because he was not the decision maker. In a picture I saw with Prince Phillip, Charles and William all wearing it, Charles and William looked uncomfortable.

TLLK

Day 2 of the State Visit from the RSA to the UK. The EoW accompanied President Ramaphosa to Kew Gardens.

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on November 23, 2022, 04:55:22 AM
Or perhaps he doesn't like the Windsor Court dress and had to wear it previously because he was not the decision maker. In a picture I saw with Prince Phillip, Charles and William all wearing it, Charles and William looked uncomfortable.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one custom that has changed in the new reign. While this State Visit was planned prior to QEII's passing, I can understand if Charles wishes to make some changes to the court dresscode.

I did read some new information on the RFOs. Reportedly they are not presented until after the monarch's coronation. That may explain why the ladies were still wearing the one from QEII's reign last night. In the future, they'll continue to wear them with Charles'. Princess Alexandra is the only living family member with two-George VI and QEII.

TLLK

Prince Edward is joined by Therese Coffey to show South African president around Kew Gardens | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe President of South Africa had an early start this morning following a State Banquet in his honour last night as he joined the Earl of Wessex at Kew Gardens.

Cyril Ramaphosa, who is visiting the UK on a state visit this week, met Prince Edward at the Royal Botanical Gardens in south west London where he was shown around the stunning greenhouses.

Mr Ramaphosa was pictured with the royal as the pair strolled among the exotic plants in Kew Gardens before they met with environment secretary Th?r?se Coffe

Princess Cassandra

If history serves, they will keep wearing QEII's orders even after new ones are issued.  It's wonderful to see pictures of Queen Mary, the Queen Mother and others wearing two or three on their bands. It does make sense that he wouldn't issue new ones until after the Coronation, and it gives them time to make them up. What a job that must be, and so expensive with all the diamonds. 

TLLK

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were at tonight's banquet at the London Guildhall. The Lord Mayor and Mayoress of London were the hosts this evening.

Duchess of Gloucester, 76, joins President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa for a banquet | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Duchess of Gloucester looked incredibly regal when joining South African president Cyril Ramaphosa at a banquet at the Guildhall in London this evening. 

Birgitte van Deurs, 76, who is married to the late Queen's cousin Prince Richard of Gloucester, donned a silver cape as she joined the visiting President Cyril for the lavish event.

The Lord Mayor of London, Nicholas Lyons, and the Lady Mayoress were also in attendance for the occasion, on day two of Mr Ramaphosa's visit, as well as the Duke of Gloucester.