Re: British Royal Family joint and group events Part 2

Started by TLLK, May 24, 2022, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Quote1. The royals are professionals when it comes to hosting state visits. The monarch will inspect the horseshoe-shaped table themsevles in the afternoon before the banquet, checking the preparations with the Master of the Household.

2. Banquets take a long time to prepare for ? six months in fact. It also takes palace staff three days to lay the table!

3. The table settings are fascinating. Napkins are folded in the shape of a Dutch bonnet and there are six glasses for each person - for water, a champagne toast, red and white wines, dessert wine and port, which are all carefully placed in order.

4. Now, this is precise: every place setting must be precisely 18 inches apart - with measuring sticks used to ensure absolute precision.

5. The monarch's footmen ensure sure every chair is exactly the same distance from the table and each glass is the same distance from the front edge of the table.

6. Nineteen stations are set up around the table, each manned by four staff - a page, footman, under butler and a wine butler.

7. Staff use a traffic light system to co-ordinate the serving of courses.

8. Detailed diagrams are used to illustrate the serving plans and a list of special instructions sets out any dietary requirements and requests for royals and other guests.

9. Palace staff have instructions to place a special cushion on the king's seat to ease his back pain. King Charles also has a bowl of olive oil instead of butter for his bread.

10. There is a dress code for state banquets: formal gowns, often white tie, and tiaras for the ladies. National dress is also worn.

11. The royal family wear sashes and badges known as orders if they have been given them in recognition of royal service.

12. Before dinner, speeches take place followed by toasts and the playing of the national anthems.

13. A string orchestra usually provides the musical backdrop to the banquet.

14. During the meal, guests are advised to start with the silverware that is on the outside of their place setting and work their way in.

15. The former Queen was known to be a fast eater. There is actually a rule that stipulates when the monarch finishes their meal, everyone else must also put their knife and fork down too.

16. It is important to note which side of the monarch you are sitting on. It is customary for the guest of honour to sit to the right of the monarch and it follows that he will speak to that person during the first course of the dinner. He will then switch his attention to the person on his left for the following course.

17. Guests should also never leave an event before a royal unless special permission has been granted, and one should avoid any personal questions ? polite small talk will suffice.

18. You should also never touch the King and only shake his hand if he offers it.

19. Do you know how to hold a teacup correctly? The correct way is to hold the top of your cup handle with your thumb and index finger and only sip from the same spot, to avoid multiple lipstick marks.

20. The end of the banquet is signalled by the arrival of 12 pipers processing round the room ? a tradition that originated with Queen Victoria.

21. Former royal chef Graham Tinsley MBE told HELLO! that if the former Queen attended a heads of state banquet, then all the chefs had to meet at a police station and get a motorcycle ride into the castle or palace ? for added security.

"For higher calibre banquets, we're required to put all our food, containers, knives and kitchen equipment through an X-ray machine whilst motorcycles then take us into the castle," explained Graham.

22. Some banquets with an elite guest list are even given code names to protect their security!

Queen Elizabeth II's oddly strict banquet rules King Charles has to follow | HELLO!
Late Queen Elizabeth II have strict rules for state visits banquets during her reign years till she died but King Charles have follow his mom?s advice and rules example like past to present of King and Queen but that rules of banquets never crossed the monarchy or royals must polite asked to leave when past to present of Queen and King leave banquets

wannable

The Telegraph:
The Royal family will treat the coming week as ''business as usual'' to plough ahead with a full programme of engagements.
Events like the annual white-tie Diplomatic Reception, which has traditionally been held at Buckingham Palace.

(This quote article has to do in reference to the Netflix fake picture assault from using Queen Mary, Katie Price, Diana, Catherine, Harry Potter, ex President Trump, et others)

PrincessOfPeace

The King, the Queen Consort and the Prince of Wales will join the Princess of Wales for her second Together at Christmas Carol service at @wabbey next Thursday December 15th, dedicated to the values and service of Her Late Majesty the Queen and those focused on community service.

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/status/1600070256533426176?s=20&t=4hk59WYCQFvocOCURwlLrA

Nightowl

^..It would really be great if all the royal family showed up, the Wessex's, Princess Anne and her entire family, the Kent's, the Gloucester's and the York family.  A strong untied front is what is needed these days I think.

wannable

Those that are in London will show up IMO.  I wonder if the Tindalls' will still be in Australia and Jack and Eugenie Portugal. 

I also have a feeling that many membeers of the family and extended will be united this Christmas, not only in public but private Christmas events. 

TLLK

@wannable- I agree that the family will be close together this Christmas especially after the late Queen's passing and the lifting of COVID restrictions. As long as everyone is healthy, there's a good chance that Charles' siblings and some members of their families will be present. I say "some" because five of Charles' nieces and nephews are married with their own children and in-laws too.

Glad to see that KCIII and the QC will be present at the Christmas Carol service at Westminster Abbey and I hope that other family will be able to attend as well.  :xmas10:

wannable

Diplomatic Reception

Rookie
@royalfocus1
The Prince and Princess of Wales arrive at The diplomatic reception at Buckingham Palace #Royals #diplomaticreception #tiara #BuckinghamPalace

wannable

Richard Palmer
@RoyalReporter

The King and the Queen Consort, accompanied by the Prince and the Princess of Wales, are hosting the annual diplomatic reception at Buckingham Palace this evening.

TLLK

Glad to see that the Diplomatic Reception was able to be held again. The guests are all in either white tie or national dress for this gala event.

I did see one photo of Willam standing and speaking to guests. He was wearing trousers instead of the knee breeches that were worn during QEII's reign.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 06, 2022, 01:10:34 PM
Those that are in London will show up IMO.  I wonder if the Tindalls' will still be in Australia and Jack and Eugenie Portugal. 

I also have a feeling that many membeers of the family and extended will be united this Christmas, not only in public but private Christmas events.

Zara often has quite a few events in Aus at this time of year. They?ve often said they would like to spend the months of English winter here. Nevertheless, I think they will return for Xmas. Mike?s relatives will want to spend time with his family. And I can certainly see Eugenie and Jack returning as Eug would not want to be away from her mother, sister and niece at that time of the year.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 06, 2022, 11:02:49 PM
Glad to see that the Diplomatic Reception was able to be held again. The guests are all in either white tie or national dress for this gala event.

I did see one photo of Willam standing and speaking to guests. He was wearing trousers instead of the knee breeches that were worn during QEII's reign.

Yes, I think the knee breeches are now retired off, though even in the late reign they weren?t often worn.

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on December 07, 2022, 03:40:50 AM
Kate Middleton wears brooch showing portrait of late Queen Elizabeth II | Daily Mail Online

The DM and its fellow tabloids need better informed writers.    <_<  Incredibly the  QC was wearing the exact same "brooch" which is actually the Royal Family Order. By coincidence, the Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and the Duchess of Gloucester also have the exact same "brooch."  If Princess Alexandra had been present, then she'd have been wearing two of them: one for her uncle King George VI as well as her cousin's.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on December 07, 2022, 01:55:39 PM
The DM and its fellow tabloids need better informed writers.    <_<  Incredibly the  QC was wearing the exact same "brooch" which is actually the Royal Family Order. By coincidence, the Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and the Duchess of Gloucester also have the exact same "brooch."  If Princess Alexandra had been present, then she'd have been wearing two of them: one for her uncle King George VI as well as her cousin's.
Indeed, TLLK! It was wonderful when the most recent recipients of the honor, Camilla and Catherine, joined the others in this distinction. They all have embraced the idea of service to the Monarch and I love reading about all that they do.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on December 06, 2022, 11:50:30 PM
Yes, I think the knee breeches are now retired off, though even in the late reign they weren?t often worn.
Incredibly, the King wore them last night! I'm guessing that William had no choice but to wear them while the late Queen was alive but the King has let him off the hook. The King is a traditionalist but has also not pressed his sons to wear kilts. 

wannable

Piotr Wilczek
@AmbWilczek
Ambassador of Poland to the Court of St James's (from 14 Feb 2022). Ambassador of Poland to the United States (from 6 Nov 2016 to 31 Oct 2021)
London, England

Honoured to attend HM The King's reception at Buckingham Palace in honour of the Diplomatic Corps. Good opportunity to celebrate the different countries' ties with the UK and @royalfamily

^Note the formality of the Polish Ambassador profile in twitter ''Ambassador of Poland to the Court of St James's ''

wannable

Quote from: TLLK on December 07, 2022, 01:55:39 PM

Tom Scotson

Trainee Reporter (His LinkedIn profile, about age 22 something, started Uni 2015, graduated 2019, started uni age 18 plus 4 equals age 22)
MailOnline 
Full-time
Started: Mar 2022 - Present
London, England, United Kingdom

^ The gentleman piece wasn't reviewed by a senior Royal Reporter or his Editor in Chief to include the 'royal family order of HMQEII or other royal family order.

wannable

The Royal Family
@royalfamily
Official
To mark the 100th anniversary of @goodhousemag, The Queen Consort, The Princess of Wales, The Princess Royal, The Countess of Wessex, The Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra have all contributed to a special issue highlighting some of the important causes they support.

^ Okay, I see why now.  Good charity causes hence Camilla trending.