Princess Beatrice, Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi and Family General Chat

Started by wannable, March 12, 2019, 08:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Oh I think the Queen would have minded seeing her gifts at auction. Not that she could have done anything but I think it would have bothered her.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2019, 11:16:08 PM
Oh I think the Queen would have minded seeing her gifts at auction. Not that she could have done anything but I think it would have bothered her.
I hardly think that Sarah would be likely to sell the jewels at auction.. as has been said they would be disposed of privately.  but there would be nothing the queen could do...

wannable

There is nothing private about that kind of jewels, if they were sold, we'd know by now.  Bea will be wearing them when she gets married, just like Lady Gabriela will be wearing her mum's heirlooms next month.

amabel

Quote from: wannable on April 06, 2019, 02:07:44 PM
There is nothing private about that kind of jewels, if they were sold, we'd know by now.  Bea will be wearing them when she gets married, just like Lady Gabriela will be wearing her mum's heirlooms next month.
well we don't know, do we? I think it is possible that Sarah might have sold some of her things and they might be altered.. And if Bea would be wearing Sarah's jewels on her marriage, why didn't Eugenie wear something of her mothers?

wannable

^ My comment has to do with the latest York's heirlooms (Sarah's tiara, necklace, earrings she wore at her wedding, plus her engagement ring GBP 600,000) article reported by The Express last year, 2018.

I doubt she or Andrew have sold those jewels, privately or auctioned, it would have been reported by now.

amabel

Quote from: wannable on April 06, 2019, 02:49:12 PM
^ My comment has to do with the latest York's heirlooms (Sarah's tiara, necklace, earrings she wore at her wedding, plus her engagement ring GBP 600,000) article reported by The Express last year, 2018.

I doubt she or Andrew have sold those jewels, privately or auctioned, it would have been reported by now.

but If she has these jewels, did Eugenie not wear anything of her mother's at her wedding?

wannable

Nothing; tiara loaned by the Queen, matching earrings gifted by Jack.  I am guessing that Princess Beatrice as the ''eldest' will be doing the honours wearing her mum's heirlooms.

amabel

seems to me that if Sarah still has these jewels, she would lend them to both daughters for their weddings...

wannable

amabel

well she didn't lend anything to Eugenie, it seems... so I'd guess Sarah hasn't got that much jewellery -

wannable

I believe she does (have jewelry), google images say otherwise (whenever she attends black tie or gala events, they could possibly be loans, despite all said and done, she gets invitations to exclusive parties...)  :shrug:

Perhaps no curious/investigative journalists mend through her 'outfits/accessories, hence my comment of possibly loaned.  I haven't seen reports about itemizing, but she appears in those events dressed and accessorized to the nines.

Princess Cassandra

Since we are talking about jewels...I was very surprised in October that P. Eugenie did not wear her mother's tiara. Sarah was so  proud of it.  I thought the tiara she wore was different and lovely, but I was surprised. 

amabel

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on April 08, 2019, 01:33:26 AM
Since we are talking about jewels...I was very surprised in October that P. Eugenie did not wear her mother's tiara. Sarah was so  proud of it.  I thought the tiara she wore was different and lovely, but I was surprised. 
Possbily SArah hasn't got the tiara any more.. Or Eugenie did not like it and was happier to have one from the queen's collection

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Blue Clover on March 14, 2019, 01:07:51 PM
@Curryong Exactly what I'm thinking. They look happy together. I really hope this is the right person for Princess Beatrice.

Yeah.

But, ehhh, seems to me, he is the wrong one.

amabel

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on May 09, 2019, 02:50:22 AM
Yeah.

But, ehhh, seems to me, he is the wrong one.
Since its her choice, we must assume that she likes him

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Curryong

I love the way the Fail reports this, as if it was merely a sympathetic observer of Beatrice's difficulties through no fault of her own, rather than a rag that has breathlessly recorded every twist of this horrible saga about her father's misdoings from the beginning, along with its fellow tabloids.

Gazing into the distance wringing your hands over Beatrice's 'plight' doesn't really suit you, hypocritical tabloid journos. Go back to doing what you do best, collating fiction and persecuting celebrities and others for imaginary wrongs.

SophieChloe

So she doesn't receive a big hoo-har.  Good.  She has coasted along for how many years?

Glad I don't have to contribute to another hanger-on wedding. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

If the speculation is true, then IMO it would be best for the couple to celebrate their engagement in a private and quiet manner.

Blue Clover

I think its a good idea to have a small, private affair.  :thumbsup:

Trudie

If Beatrice and Edo want an engagement party why not have one quietly at royal lodge?.

Curryong

Guess they originally wanted to have a large party and make a big splash with lots of guests. That Firehouse is one of Eugenie and Harry's old stomping grounds. However someone must have leaked the locale, and the couple definitely wouldn't want paps and nosy tabloid journalists nosing around. I agree it would be simpler and nicer in the circumstances to have a smallish party at Royal Lodge.

wannable

The article only says they have changed the 'date' from the 18th of Dec, because it was leaked.  The venue remains.

Blue Clover

Trudie and Curryong, I agree. They could have a lovely party at Royal Lodge.

Wannabe, Do you think it will be at the same venue but at a later date?