Princess Beatrice, Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi and Family General Chat

Started by wannable, March 12, 2019, 08:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

It could be a red herring, but following the article it only says the change of date.  But then the paparazzi are known to be relentless, they can 'camp out' for days on end for the money shots.  i.e. the paps when social media didn't exist yet, camped out on Kate's apartment, we had the Daily Kate (DM daily pics), ditto Diana.

Personally, I'd change the venue to more private place and stick to the date (18th)...many friends do have the typical 21st of December leaving London to a family location to spend Christmas.

Blue Clover

Wannable, You could be right, same venue, different date. I do know that the paparazzi will want pictures of Prince Andrew attending this event and they will probably do almost anything to get them.

Blue Clover

I found this article about Eugenie's wedding at the Royal Lodge. It would be a perfect place for Beatrice's Engagement Party, it seems to be a place of special significance for the BRF. I believe they could have an elegant affair during the holiday season with all their friends and family in attendance.

What Is Royal Lodge? - Inside Princess Eugenie's Wedding Reception Venue

Trudie

I agree Blue Clover royal lodge can certainly host a big party and if it was good enough for a wedding it is good enough for a simple engagement party.

sandy

She can certainly arrange a private party, she can skip going out to a club or restaurant.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on December 08, 2019, 02:08:49 PM
It could be a red herring, but following the article it only says the change of date.  But then the paparazzi are known to be relentless, they can 'camp out' for days on end for the money shots.  i.e. the paps when social media didn't exist yet, camped out on Kate's apartment, we had the Daily Kate (DM daily pics), ditto Diana.

Personally, I'd change the venue to more private place and stick to the date (18th)...many friends do have the typical 21st of December leaving London to a family location to spend Christmas.

I?m agreed with you,@wannable

Prince Andrew ruins Princess Beatrice?s engagement ? party cancelled over sex scandal | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Trudie

How ironic that some brides fear being upstaged by a attendant or sibling but this is the first of a father upstaging a bride and not in a good way.  :(

TLLK

^^^@Trudie yes I agree. The only other comparison that I could make would be the 2002 wedding of the Prince of Orange and Miss Maxima Zorrigueta. The Dutch government made it clear that Jorge Zorrigueta could not be invited to the state occasion and therefore he and his wife stayed in the UK to watch the wedding on television.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on December 08, 2019, 02:08:49 PM

It is probably dawning on them all that they will need to fly under the radar.  An engagement party can almost be secretive, but not the wedding. But it can be a private wedding with security preventing tabloid interference. Good luck to them...I hope her father?s troubles don?t completely overshadow what is supposed to be a happy time in her life.

sandy

I think this is a private matter for Beatrice. DM and its "concerned friends" again.

sara8150

wannable

So the Red Herring of cancelling, it actually went through, the Chiltern Firehouse was entirely booked private.  The paps took a lot of pics of the guests entering.  The Middleton siblings with their partners also attended the engagement party, known royal circle related was Gabriela and Thomas Kingston, Elizabeth nee Warren and Guy Pelly, and also of course a lot of famous people.

Andrew didn't go, Sarah Ferguson did, wearing a mini dress....

Princess Beatrice's brave-face engagement bash: Father Prince Andrew stays away from party for family and A-List friends saying it would not be a 'good look' after Epstein interview disaster
Singer Ellie Goulding, Robbie Williams's wife Ayda Field and close friend Guy Pelly were pictured at the party
Beatrice, 31, is due to marry Italian property entrepreneur Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 34, in the New Year
The princess's wedding preparations have been overshadowed by father Andrew's links to Jeffrey Epstein

Princess Beatrice throws engagement party at Chiltern Firehouse in London with celebrity friends | Daily Mail Online

sandy

wannable

It's sufficient IMO that tells a story of loyalties, friendship between the Middleton's and York sisters and their partners.

No, William and Kate did not go.  The party was a few hours after the Queen's Christmas Lunch at BP.

sandy

As I recall, the Yorks had a rocky start with the Middletons. There was some dispute re: fashion show seating with Kate and Pippa.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on December 19, 2019, 01:54:26 PM
It's sufficient IMO that tells a story of loyalties, friendship between the Middleton's and York sisters and their partners.

No, William and Kate did not go.  The party was a few hours after the Queen's Christmas Lunch at BP.
Even if the stories of a rocky start are true, it's nice to see that the York sisters now have a good friendship with them IMHO.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on December 19, 2019, 03:15:44 PM
Even if the stories of a rocky start are true, it's nice to see that the York sisters now have a good friendship with them IMHO.
why didn't Will and Kate go?  Going back home to the kids?  or perhaps they are distancing thmeslves from the Yorks a bit?

dianab

Quote from: TLLK on December 19, 2019, 03:15:44 PM
for whatever reasons it looks like pippa and james are friends with bea and or her fiancee. maybe they ran in same social circles.

btw i dont think there's any closeness between the yorks with kate and or william.

wannable

This was a selected group of 30 people for the sit-down dinner and drinks, so 4 Middleton/30 guests does say a story. 

I doubt William and Kate would take away the 'limelight' of the engaged couple by attending, and the bruhaha of chauffeured car with RPO's tailing them.  Back to the future, 15 years ago desperate boarded by dozens of paparazzi in their face.  :hehe:

dianab

there were 2 midlletons. or were carole and michael there?

william and kate were never reported to be close to york sisters... the fact that pippa and james were invited says nothing about cambs and yorks relations

sandy

I never heard William and Kate were buddy buddy with Bea and Eugenie. William and Kate seem friendlier with Zara and Mike as well as Peter and Autumn.