The Education and preparation of the Wales Children

Started by TLLK, March 24, 2017, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Thanks, just came back from an amazing dinner. I am bloated with Bloody Marys. hahahah  :laugh:

TudorQueen

Quote from: wannable on September 05, 2021, 12:22:16 AM
I am 95% sure the Cambridges will send their children to Marlborough College. 

William doesn't need convincing, he has his university sweetheart girlfriend, then wife, has lived, seen her, sibling, the family for 18 years ongoing and is happy with it. 

RR's are reporting that the couple will be announcing if not next week by Christmas the ''weekend'' life at Windsor Castle for School and Queen.

I am sorry that Windsor story is as far fetched as when they suggested Harry and Meghan were going to move in.

Windsor castle does not have apartments like Kensington or Buckingham palace. Its one giant palace. Though here are plenty of guest rooms, the only apartment belongs to the queen. Are we imagining William and Kate moving in with the queen and having meals with her??

The couple own three houses. Two of which were redone for them for millions. They have no need to buy another house either.

Windsor is less then an hour from London. If they chose to send their kids to school in Windsor, they would hardly need to move. The kids could easily come home weekends.

They have their weekend home at Amner. They have well established circle of local friends. They belong to local clubs. No sign that they have any plan to change that even if they wanted to throw away funds on a fourth house.

Happy birthday  :flower3:

Curryong

Exactly, TudorQueen. Whatever guest suites there are at Windsor, as you say there are very few, are reserved for VIPs like HOS and their retinues. Where would a family of five relax, have an inside play area or cook?

These summer months were always regarded years ago by readers of Press reports in Britain as ?the Silly Season? because nothing much of public interest happened. The British tabloids have Silly Seasons all the year round, and that?s all reports like these are, tabloid junk. I believe the first commentator to speculate on this story was the self-proclaimed ?Royal Expert? Angela Levin. And expert she is not!

sara8150

Prince George will change schools soon - five options Kate and William may pick - Mirror Online

Eton College-Where his dad the Duke of Cambridge and his uncle the Duke of Sussex went there plus Spencer traditional included late 7th Earl Spencer,8th Earl Spencer and 9th Earl Spencer respective

QuoteFormer pupils include 20 prime ministers such as David Cameron and Boris Johnson, other royals such as the Duke of Kent, and actors including Eddie Redmayne and Tom Hiddleston.

Ludgrove School- where his dad the Duke of Cambridge and his uncle the Duke of Sussex went there before Eton College
QuotePrince William started attending boarding school at the age of eight, enrolling at Ludgrove Prep School in Berkshire.

And with George now the same age as his dad when he started to board - could this school be a possibility?

Marlborough College- where his mom the Duchess of Cambridge went there and included Princess Eugenie also who famously included pupils is
Quotecomedian Jack Whitehall and Samantha Cameron - the wife of former Prime Minister David Cameron.

Gordonstoun
QuoteA popular school for young royals in the past has been Gordonstoun School in Moray, Scotland.

It was attended by Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, Peter Phillips and Zara Tindal.

Prince Charles recalled on his school bullying and he says he won?t send William and Harry to Gordonstoun but they NOW Prince Charles is grandfather he wouldn?t shipped his grandchildren to gordonstoun

sara8150

Kate and William's 'move to Windsor' will allow George to follow in father's footsteps | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Per Express says

QuoteKate, the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William have reportedly been looking at moving to Windsor according to the Mail on Sunday as a royal fan has pointed it that it might be for Prince George. The oldest of the Cambridge children could follow in his father's footsteps and attend Eton College which is based in Berkshire. Royal watched Susan Logue pointed out that the Cambridges would be close to the school if they move to Windsor.

Speaking on Us Weekly's Royally Us podcast, she said: "It might be several reasons they'd want to move. One to help the Queen. Two, to be near Kate's parents and three, If Prince George goes to Eton, they'll be close to the school.

"I can actually see them moving to Windsor or onto the property somewhere close to the Castle."

Host Molly Mulshine added: "It makes sense.

"Windsor is beautiful and it is the most adorable little town. It would make total sense."

Curryong

As the youngest age that a boy can enter Eton is at age 13 and George is just eight I?d say that if George does go to the school then it is some time away. Do the people who go on these online talk shows talking with such authority on subjects on which they know nothing, know those details? Obviously not!

It?s always been said that aristos and the upper crust generally put their sons names down for Eton at birth, especially if they themselves have attended the school. That doesn?t apply for senior royals however. However, although it might well be Eton later on my guess if I had to bet now would be Marlborough eventually, as it is co-Ed and not regarded as quite so elitist as Eton. The trend for royals all over Europe is to send their children to wealthy and discreet private or State schools that don?t breathe upperclass exclusivity.

I do think that with their schedules filling up the Cambridges may well be looking around for a prep school for George where he can go home at weekends or at the worst, if they are on tour or away, the children can stay with Carole and Mike. That?s for the future, though.

And please, no more media talk about the Cambridge family setting up home in Windsor Castle. We all know it?s not set up for families.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Curryong on September 10, 2021, 02:13:37 AM
However, although it might well be Eton later on my guess if I had to bet now would be Marlborough eventually, as it is co-Ed and not regarded as quite so elitist as Eton. The trend for royals all over Europe is to send their children to wealthy and discreet private or State schools that don?t breathe upperclass exclusivity.

Marlborough may not jump out with upperclass exclusivity but two of the Queen's private secretaries attended school there as well as Princess Eugenie and captain Mark Philips.

I agree if they do send their children there it's because it's co-ed and not to look like one of the common people.

TudorQueen

Quote from: sara8150 on September 09, 2021, 07:35:52 PM
Prince George will change schools soon - five options Kate and William may pick - Mirror Online

Eton College-Where his dad the Duke of Cambridge and his uncle the Duke of Sussex went there plus Spencer traditional included late 7th Earl Spencer,8th Earl Spencer and 9th Earl Spencer respective

Ludgrove School- where his dad the Duke of Cambridge and his uncle the Duke of Sussex went there before Eton College
Marlborough College- where his mom the Duchess of Cambridge went there and included Princess Eugenie also who famously included pupils is
Gordonstoun
Prince Charles recalled on his school bullying and he says he won?t send William and Harry to Gordonstoun but they NOW Prince Charles is grandfather he wouldn?t shipped his grandchildren to gordonstoun

For most of those 'soon' is an extremely relative term. Eton and Marlborough it would be another 5 years.

Gordonstoun I dont see them sending him to Scotland for school especially not this young.

Again with the ridiculous moving to Windsor castle story. Now its 'so he can go to Eton'???? Its a boarding school, them living in the area is not a requirement of him attending Eton. Eton does not have flexi boarding. If George goes there in 5 years, them living in Windsor or living less then an hour away in London,is going to make little difference.

If they choose to send their kids to boarding school before 13 I assume they will choose a flexi school. So if William and Kate are home on weekends the kids can be home. If they are traveling, the kids can remain there. Their grandparents may take them the odd weekend if their parents are away but the kids will likely opt to say at school sometimes.

TLLK

@TudorQueen
Quote:thumbsup:
If they choose to send their kids to boarding school before 13 I assume they will choose a flexi school. So if William and Kate are home on weekends the kids can be home. If they are traveling, the kids can remain there. Their grandparents may take them the odd weekend if their parents are away but the kids will likely opt to say at school sometimes.

I agree. I don't see William and Catherine opting for a school that is too far from home that a weekend visit would be out of the question.

sara8150

Is Prince George heading for Eton? William and Kate 'eye up prep school in Berkshire' | Daily Mail Online
Kensington Palace have no comment about Cambridges kids will send George to Eton College or Kate says want nearby middletons we have wait and see 🙏🏻🤞🏻

wannable

Rebecca English is one of the RR's with the most 'informed' with about another half a dozen of royal reporters.

Interesting but agreeable with the idea of returning Amner Hall for rent and seeking property within Windsor estate weekends.

PrincessOfPeace

I do think they'll hang on to Anmer Hall. It gives them their own space during Christmas etc.

wannable

Sandringham House will probably be their all Christmas holiday period. PP, Queen and the Cambridges were the only ones that stay there February and January 10 respectively, everyone else spends happy new year somewhere else. Same upkeep for Sandringham house to Amner hall.

Let's see.

TLLK

I can see why they're opting for a co-ed prep school, but I'm wondering if they'll consider a co-ed (Marlborough) or single gender secondary college/ school (Eton)

wannable

The Telegraph
@Telegraph

🎒 Lambrook has 42 acres of its own cricket, football and rugby pitches, plus a nine-hole golf course and a 25m pool

Inside Lambrook, the Cambridge children's new school.
As the Duke and Duchess move their family from London to Berkshire, what can George, Charlotte and Louis can expect come September.

The Cambridge children?s new school ? 'respectable yet not one of the posh ones'

wannable

Tatler's verdict of the preparatory school (up to age 13)

As counties go, it's hard to beat Berkshire for brilliant prep schools, but the hot favourite at evens for the Cambridges has to be Lambrook Prep School - co-ed with 52 acres of bucolic countryside (there's even a working farm where pupils develop their sustainability skills). The school has a brilliant reputation for academics, sports and the arts - with music and drama performed in the aptly named Diamond Jubilee Centre. Jonathan Perry, the enormously popular head, is one of a kind, who greets parents and pupils with a warm smile each morning, come rain, shine or minus two degrees. Not surprisingly, Lambrook has a healthy waiting list in every year group. However, the Cambridges are likely to be equally impressed by the school's commitment to serving others, seen through their partnerships with over 60 state schools and their bursary foundation which ensures a Lambrook education is available to those who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford it. Happy and confident pupils fly off to Eton (with two King Scholarships in recent years), Wellington and Marlborough.

sara8150

Prince George facing nightmare at ?respectable? new school as Cambridges uproot lives | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
QuotePrincess Charlotte, seven, were studying at Thomas's School in Battersea Remain and Prince Louis will join Prince George at 4 years old

At Lambrook, where termly fees are currently ?4,389 from reception and ?6,448 from year 3, they?ll have to go to school on Saturdays and there?s no ski chalet, whereas Thomas?s has one in Austria.

Lambrook, which William and Kate have visited around half a dozen times, is just 15 minutes away from their new main residence, a pink-painted cottage orn? in Home Park.

The new home has four bedrooms and large, private gardens and was once home to Peter Townsend, the equerry to George VI, whom Princess Margaret wanted to marry in the 1950s.

Inside Prince George and Princess Charlotte's new school with mandatory Saturday classes - Mirror Online
I?m wishes ludgrove will best selection for Prince George and Prince Louis they off to Eton like his dad,his uncle the Duke of Sussex,Spencer Family tradition I understand Duchess of Cambridge makes decisions for Cambridge kids nearby Windsor Castle

sara8150

QuoteThere has been a private school at Winkfield Row since 1860 when Robert Burnside acquired Lambrook House with an eye on tutoring the sons of courtiers of Windsor Castle. 140 years ago, in 1878, two of Queen Victoria?s grandsons, Prince Christian Victor and Prince Albert of Schleswig-Holstein, were pupils at Lambrook. Queen Victoria used to travel from Windsor Castle to Lambrook to watch her grandsons in plays and cricket matches. She is known to have parked her carriage where our new Queen?s building now stands, and watch them from there.

Lambrook grew steadily as a preparatory school for boy boarders and developed further in 1992 when day pupils were accepted, with a co-educational Pre Prep being opened shortly afterwards. Lambrook merged in 1997 with Haileybury Junior School from Windsor, which shared a very similar ethos and which had educated both day boys and boarders aged from 7 to 13 years old. Lambrook Haileybury expanded rapidly, soon added a Nursery and in 2009 formally withdrew from the arrangement with Haileybury, becoming Lambrook once more and now standing as an independent Charitable Trust in its own right.

Kept Queen Victoria?s legacy I understand in history of Lambrook of her two grandsons went there im not judging Duchess of Cambridge for send George and Louis to same William and Harry?s old childhood school include wetherby and ludgrove I understand Kate wanted close her parents and Windsor also I respect her decisions after Lambrook Kate wanted stay Wellington and Marlborough either but William wanted kept tradition for boys George and Louis to Eton College follow William and Harry,Spencer family

wannable

Talking about being cost effective housing and security related; Secured Windsor Estate housing to Lambrook Preparatory School, 15 minute ride no traffic, 3 children same location, 1 cost effective movement op cost for everyone involved.

Versus
Secured Kensington Palace to Lambrook Preparatory School, 1 to 2 hours depending on traffic, to avoid they'd need to depart 6 a.m. for 1 hour ride and take the 2 hour traffic jam in the afternoons.  Or choose a London school 'building' with no countryside outdoors, where security threat is usually higher in crowded cities. Rule of thumb.

I really like their ''planning'' life choices.

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on August 08, 2022, 05:29:40 PM
Prince Louis may follow in Prince William?s footsteps with new undercover name at school | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Have to love the Express' headline with the dramatic "undercover"  :french: :ninja: description. "Cambridge" is just used as a surname for the children much like "Wales," "York," etc...have been used by other royal children.