ZARA had a baby GIRL!

Started by sassafras, January 17, 2014, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Middle name definitely but I misread the post, I thought Elizabeth was being considered as a first name and I don't think the Queen would approve of that.

Lady Adams

^ It's okay!  :flower:

Truth be told, I think it's doubtful that Elizabeth would be a middle name, anyway. And it's a long shot, but if the baby was named Elizabeth, I'd be sooo happy.

I think it'd be difficult for any future monarch in the next few decades (or any *possible* future monarch) to have Elizabeth as a first name, whereas I think Zara's baby could have it and not be burdened by it. So, maybe?

What do you all think are potential names?
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

Its difficult to say. Mike seems like he would prefer a good solid old-fashioned name but Zara is a bit of a rebel and may want something a little more 'unique'
I like Charlotte personally

Lady Adams

^ I  like Charlotte too. Maybe Alice?

Or Ava, Grace, Poppy, Ruby, Amelia?

(I kinda feel lucky I married a British man. It gives us lots of names on both sides of our family to choose from!)
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

I love Alice! My new favourite

Izabella

Lady Adams

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 20, 2014, 02:16:22 AM
Anne's middle name is Alice, a nod to Phillip's mom, I suppose. I like it : )

(Sidenote: on my Wikipedia quest, I discovered the Queen Mum's middle name was Angela! Just... not expected, I suppose. Can you imagine if Zara's baby was named Angela? A revival of the name, I'm sure!)

PrincessOfPeace

Any thoughts on the Godparents? Kate is likely to be one as Zara was picked for Prince George.

Princessinwaiting

Charlotte is one of my all time favourite names ,
Charlotte Rose ...but I'd prefer this to be one of Prince Harry's daughters name if he has one :P princess Charlotte rose :sigh:

cinrit

QuotePoppy Is Punters' Pick for Zara's Girl: Bookies Slash Odds on the Name After a Rush of Overnight Betting

Bookmakers William Hill has slashed the odds of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall naming their baby Poppy from 33/1 to just 8/1 – following a rush of overnight betting.

Spokesman Rupert Adams said: 'We saw a real gamble on William and Kate choosing George and we could be forced to pay out for a second time if the Tindalls choose Poppy.'

Other favourites for the youngest royal's name are Charlotte at 4/1, Victoria at 6/1 and Anne at 7/1. Elizabeth, Catherine and Isobella are level-pegging at 10/1.

William Hill is also offering bets at 50/1 that Zara's daughter will be an Olympian and at 33/1 that she plays international rugby like her father.

More: Poppy is punters' pick for Zara's girl: Bookies slash odds on the name after a rush of overnight betting | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 20, 2014, 02:43:20 AM
Any thoughts on the Godparents? Kate is likely to be one as Zara was picked for Prince George.
It's possible that there will be one royal family member and I believe someone from the equestrian/rugby worlds might be chosen too.

Double post auto-merged: January 20, 2014, 05:49:10 PM

Quote from: Lady Adams on January 20, 2014, 02:33:56 AM
Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 20, 2014, 02:16:22 AM
Anne's middle name is Alice, a nod to Phillip's mom, I suppose. I like it : )

(Sidenote: on my Wikipedia quest, I discovered the Queen Mum's middle name was Angela! Just... not expected, I suppose. Can you imagine if Zara's baby was named Angela? A revival of the name, I'm sure!)
Angela would be lovely. I wonder if they might choose a version of Elizabeth like Isabel or Isabella?

HereditaryPrincess

I'm also in the Alice camp if Zara and Mike choose a traditional name. But, if they "pull a Peter and Autumn", then I'm thinking of Scarlett, Freya or Eloise.

Quote from: Princessinwaiting on January 20, 2014, 02:51:41 AM
Charlotte is one of my all time favourite names ,
Charlotte Rose ...but I'd prefer this to be one of Prince Harry's daughters name if he has one :P princess Charlotte rose :sigh:

I have a relative called Charlotte Rose, I love that name. (Rose is my late grandmother's name too.) I would be happy if they chose either name! However I agree with you, perhaps Charlotte Rose is "reserved" for a future daughter of Harry or William and Kate. I think the same about names like Victoria.

Lady Adams; I think the bookies agree with you on your suggestion of Poppy :P:

Poppy is punters' pick for Zara Phillips' girl: Bookies slash odds on the name | Mail Online

And I do, too. It's an adorable name.

SophieChloe

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 19, 2014, 08:01:36 PM
Not sure about Elizabeth. Thats one of those reserved names like George and Victoria. If Kate has a daughter I can see her being named Elizabeth but Zara is a little to far down the line to use such a noble name. My thoughts anyway.
She can name her baby whatever she wants to.  No name should be reserved

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Macrobug

Is it truly reserved?  Is there a list of names that can't be used by "lessor" royals?  Or is that speculation and rumour?  I ask because I have never seen that mentioned anywhere but on forums.  I'm curious/snoopy  :P

Something to remember: when Zara was born she was 6th in line.  Fairly high up the chain.  And Zara is not a royal name.  So if there is a rule that senior members must be named off of a list, where is the cut off? 
GNU Terry Pratchett

Lady Adams

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on January 20, 2014, 09:25:21 PM

Lady Adams; I think the bookies agree with you on your suggestion of Poppy :P:

Poppy is punters' pick for Zara Phillips' girl: Bookies slash odds on the name | Mail Online

And I do, too. It's an adorable name.

I really find that name fun : ) Most of all, I just want to find it out soon!

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Macrobug on January 20, 2014, 10:03:30 PM
Is it truly reserved?  Is there a list of names that can't be used by "lessor" royals?  Or is that speculation and rumour?  I ask because I have never seen that mentioned anywhere but on forums.  I'm curious/snoopy  :P

Something to remember: when Zara was born she was 6th in line.  Fairly high up the chain.  And Zara is not a royal name.  So if there is a rule that senior members must be named off of a list, where is the cut off?

Whether it is official or not, I don't think it is coincidence that in the extended BRF there is no Victoria or Elizabeth or George, the names of famous Hanoverian monarchs. Middle names sure but not as a first name. It is also the reason I believe that George was the bookies favourite at 2:1, not just any Windsor can name their child George but for the third in line it was the odds on favourite. Thats my reasoning anyway.

Lothwen

Who says those are the only names that can be used for future monarchs?  And why would only future monarchs be allowed to use those names?

Zara can name her child whatever she wants, whether it's something "modern" or more old-fashioned.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Macrobug

Poppy isn't my favourite name but Poppy Tindall isn't all that bad. 
GNU Terry Pratchett

good221

congrate to Zara but I was hoping for a boy, poor George feel all alone surrounded by girls no boys he can play around with or another panther in crime he can get in trouble with. Anyway congratulation Zara.

Princessinwaiting

I think that they want modern names no one can stop them from naming their children whatever it is they want ..goodness ! :orchid:
Princess Margarets  grandsons name is Charles , also the future kings name ...

Double post auto-merged: January 21, 2014, 04:26:38 AM

Quote from: Lothwen on January 21, 2014, 02:19:38 AM
Who says those are the only names that can be used for future monarchs?  And why would only future monarchs be allowed to use those names?

Zara can name her child whatever she wants, whether it's something "modern" or more old-fashioned.

:goodpost: thank you ! I personally like old fashioned names but most people Do not nowadays ;)

Lady Adams

I'm getting so impatient. C'mon Zara and Mike! What did you talk about for nine months??  :Lothwen:

Queen Camilla

Maybe you are going to have to wait for a magazine spread with a photo of the baby along with the caption listing the name.

The magazine article might not happen until after the christening so you might have to wait for another 3-6 months. :teehee:

Or you can try to ask Prncess Anne.  :teehee:

cinrit

The waiting is over ... here is the name:

From Twitter:

mike tindall ‏@miketindall13 
For everyone who has asked what our daughters name, it’s Mia Grace Tindall

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 
On Twitter, @miketindall13 reveals that the Queen's fourth great-grandchild is called Mia Grace Tindall.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.