ZARA had a baby GIRL!

Started by sassafras, January 17, 2014, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Adams

Aw! What a precious name (I would've pulled for Amelia, and called her Mia, but hey it is beautiful!).

And I love that Mike just announced it on Twitter.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Macrobug

I like it.   Mia isn't a favourite but I have always loved Grace.   Much better than Poppy
GNU Terry Pratchett

Sandor

I'm not keen, but I prefer traditional names.

I suppose you could say Grace is traditional, but I don't like it.  Makes me immediately think Faith, Hope, and Charity!   :no:

fawbert

Zara is now officially "Mama Mia"      :clap:
Fawbert

cinrit

From Twitter:

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 
A spokesman for Zara & Mike said they expected to release a photo of baby Mia Grace Tindall in the next few days... Zara Phillips calls her baby Mia Grace - Telegraph ...

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Queen Camilla

Disappointed by the name, especially 'Mia'.  Sound more of a nickname than a real name.

cinrit

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteZara Phillips' new baby girl has been given a less than regal title by her rugby-mad dad Mike Tindall: 'Shed Head'.

The couple became proud parents of baby girl Mia Grace who was born at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital last Friday.

Their first child is 16th in line to the throne and the Queen's fourth great-grandchild.

Ex-England rugby star Tindall has said she will also be a lifelong supporter of his beloved Gloucester rugby club, whose fans are nicknamed 'Shed Heads' after a stand at their Kingsholm home ground.

The North Stand - which houses 3,000 die-hard fans without seating - is known as 'The Shed' because it resembles a giant cow shed.
More: 'She's a Shed Head': Zara Phillips' husband Mike Tindall says baby Mia will support his beloved Gloucester rugby club | Mail Online

HereditaryPrincess

That was a surprise!

I didn't like Mia at first, but it's growing on me. I love Grace, and when I first heard that the little one was going to be called this, it instantly reminded me of Grace van Cutsem, William and Kate's little bridesmaid. (Who cannot forget her priceless "hands over ears" moment on the balcony? :happy15:)

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteMike Tindall has spoken of his joy at becoming a father for first time to daughter, Mia Grace.

Zara, the Princess Royal's daughter, and rugby player Mike welcomed their first child on January 17 at the  Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.

"It's been fun so far," the new father revealed to the Gloucestershire Echo. "At the moment she's been very good and the nights haven't been too bad."
More: 'It's been fun so far': Mike Tindall reveals joy of becoming a father to Mia Grace with Zara Phillips | Royal Central

Windsor

Congratulations to the family.

Lady Adams

Any news on when we will get to see photos of Mia? I thought reporters expected them to be released within days.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

I'd heard the same thing. Hopefully by the weekend we'll have a first photo.

BTW love the photo of HM in your avatar Lady Adams. That expression is priceless! :D

Lady Adams

^ Thanks! I often wonder what brought this expression on. "TWO desserts? Oh I just couldn't!"

PrincessOfPeace

Beautiful picture but its a shame they sold it to Hello Magazine.

Twitter / Rosie_Nixon: Pick up your @hellomag this ...

Limabeany

:vday4: They all look great. I think they are acknowledging their celebrity status and earning income based on that. I get that they have to eat but I must say I don't like it when celebrities sell their pictures with their children to magazines even if they donate it to charity. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There are many excuses or reasons, that the paps pics will have no value, etc... Still...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

I thought the Queen frowned on that sort of thing?

Cindy

Limabeany

Only when Fergie does it!  :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

But wasn't it said she was unhappy when Peter Phillips sold his wedding pictures to Hello magazine?  I think it was Peter Phillips...

Cindy

Lady Adams

Quote from: cinrit on February 24, 2014, 01:16:21 PM

Cindy
My guess (obviously I don't know) is that the uproar around Autumn and Peter's wedding was because the photos included royals who didn't know the photos would be published and didn't give their consent. Since it's simply Zara, Mike and Mia, all untitled private citizens, I think that the Queen feels it's okay.

I thought Mike would just tweet some photos and call it a day.

Though I do agree with Limabeany... it is quite "meh" to me when people use publicity of their children to push a product (in this case, Hello) but there was  recent celebrity couple in the U.S. who sold several first photos of their daughter to be tweeted by a laundry detergent (Dani and Kevin Jonas, Dreft). Can't make this up!  :hmm:

On the other hand, I do love the photo (I've only seen the cover so far) and wish we could have seen a bit more relaxed and up close photos like this of newborn George!  :vday4:

cinrit

QuoteHaving a baby is amazing, I still keep thinking ‘Oh, we made that’, says Zara Phillips

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall today spoke for the first time about becoming parents, saying said they had “never even contemplated” choosing a private hospital for  the birth.  Mia Grace, the Queen’s fourth great grandchild and 16th in line to the throne, was born on January 17.

Today her parents said  the decision to have the baby in their local NHS hospital had been an easy one.  “The Gloucestershire Royal’s maternity unit is brand new and one of the best around,” the couple told Hello! magazine in an interview.

“We’d never even contemplated going privately. If anything goes wrong, they take you to the Gloucestershire Royal anyway. It was superb and the nurses were outstanding.”

More: Having a baby is amazing, I still keep thinking ?Oh, we made that?, says Zara Phillips - UK - News - London Evening Standard

From Twitter:

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 
Ramparts have their uses. Buckingham Palace is saying nothing about the pix of the Queen's 4th great-grandchild in Hello.

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner 
Buckingham Palace refuse to comment on whether Queen was consulted over Zara Phillips selling baby pix to Hello! #royal

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: cinrit on February 24, 2014, 01:16:21 PM

Cindy

She does. Peter got himself into a heap of trouble with the Queen over selling his wedding photos to Hello! and the Queen also denied Zara the opportunity to sell her wedding photos to the same publication. Will have to wait and see if there is fallout over these pics.