ZARA had a baby GIRL!

Started by sassafras, January 17, 2014, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteHurrah for Zara, Her Sensible Approach to New motherhood - and Her REAL Post-Baby Body

Beaming in the spring sunshine on a rare day out without baby Mia, a radiant Zara Phillips was the picture of maternal joy.

Seven weeks after she became a mum, there was no sign of the dreaded snap-back — the worrying trend in which celebrities shed their baby weight the second they leave the delivery suite.  Nor has she succumbed to the pressure to stay indoors, away from prying eyes, until all signs of her pregnancy have been sweated off in the gym.

As pictures of her enjoying herself at Cheltenham races this week prove, Zara is clearly taking a sensible approach to losing her baby weight. She is not showing off the flat tummy, model-esque legs or toned arms boasted by so many other post-partum celebrities, but, in short, she looks just like any other new mother.

More: Hurrah for Zara - and her REAL post-baby body | Mail Online

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

:thanks: Cindy. I can't believe these reporters. These articles are unnecessary and insensitive... It is a backhanded insult, she is pointing to the mother's weight in a newspaper article... And, it is writtem by a woman... :thumbsdown:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

I didn't take it as an insult.  I actually thought it was a poke at women who lose the baby weight too fast.  Then again, I admit I only read the first few paragraphs completely ... I skimmed over the rest.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

Regardless, of how chirpy and no-nonsense Zara looks, this is a vulnerable time for women. She should have written an article using her own experience without Zara.

QuoteHurrah for Zara! But while I wholeheartedly congratulate her for embracing her new figure, with its magnificent bosom and gently rounded stomach, I certainly can't applaud her fashion choices.

She's often been criticised in the past, and again, here, the proportions are all wrong. The tiny hat only serves to make her seem bigger than she is. The empire-line cream coat drapes down from her new fuller bust, making her look a little like a ship in full sail, while the fussy horizontal bows and the high neckline do nothing to flatter her lovely new curves.

And while endlessly fashionable, those clumpy shoe-boots don't make the most of her excellent legs.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sara8150

Let celebs have rightful private to lose weight after baby how long will be?!? Mostly mothers chosen lose weight how long will be perhaps weeks or months due natural birth or c-section..

Reporters never asked how much lose weight after baby kept private