Royal Wedding .................................Rumors Surface

Started by georgiana996, June 06, 2013, 05:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgiana996

QuoteReports say the 24-year-old royal may be announcing her engagement to her long time boyfriend, who she's been with for six years, according to Royal Central
http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/7737/20130606/princess-beatrice-boyfriend-dave-clark-engagement-royal-wedding-rumors-surface.htm
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Eri

sandy

I will enjoy Fergie being able to sit with Prince Andrew as parents of the bride when the wedding happens (it seems likely to now). The royal establishment cannot do a thing about it.

Eri

^ Sarah is such a mess I am afraid her daughter (s) weddings will be all about her...she is bound to pull something to gain attention...

Queen Camilla

At 24 she's a bit young.  I don't see her getting engaged until she's at least 26. 

I think Sarah would behave herself at her daughter's wedding.

I love Royal!

Quote from: Queen Camilla on June 06, 2013, 11:46:06 PM
At 24 she's a bit young.  I don't see her getting engaged until she's at least 26. 

I think Sarah would behave herself at her daughter's wedding.

I agree

DaFluffs

The morning of the wedding and for the wedding, Sarah will behave herself.

But from the time the engagement is announced until the morning of the wedding Sarah will be in front of the press somehow... and not with the simple 'we're so proud' statements........

sandy

Some of the royals really are not qualified to throw stones at Sarah.  I think she will cry at the wedding when her firstborn gets married. She may give an interview early on sentimental about where did the time go, etc etc.

georgiana996

memememe

More likely St George's and no coverage except maybe of arrivals and departures - like Peter and Zara's.

Sandor

I don't know...I think Andrew and Fergie will want the whole works at Westminster Abbey.   :shrug:

If it happens soon (the marriage) Andrew will probably get his way, since I've always heard the Queen finds it hard to say no to him.

Lothwen

24 might be young, but she and David have been together for 6 years.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

NotWaitieKatie

Maybe this is why Sarah was invited up north. Getting ready for an announcement.
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

FanDianaFancy

If,if and a strong if this girl is getting engaged, then yes, of course the day has come for Sarah  to  have  to attend a BRF  function and sit front and center.

That   is  not the question.

The question is when, when these  girls  get married, how will they  be married?
They  are  way  on down the line the line  in  rank.
PC's  family  are the  next  monarchy  up.

I think a  wedding at  Westminster  Abbey  or  St.Pauls  and  a  one  will the granduer  of  PW/K  or  PH/?  would be out  of order  and  too much  for the  people  there  to take.
I am not British and I do not live there.
Still, Sarah and Andrew,knowing what  is said about them , would  want, demand NOTHING less  than these  churches  and Buckingham  Palace   reception,  ride through the streets, pomp and circumstanc, massive  media coverage, international press, heads of state , royals  invited... etc.

Eug and Bea  should  have weddings like  Zara Phillips. They  are  all just the QEII's  granddaughters.
Eug and Bea  have a title  of a high one, princess, but  , IMHO  they  should  have  been   styled  as "Lady.
Louise  is  daughter of a Prince.  She  is styled , "Lady Louise."

To have  Eug, Bea, and PH  all one day  having  weddings to rival that of  PW  of  streets blocked off days  in advance, workers  ' day  of, businesses closed, etc. is  a  bit much.
I do not think mthe marriages  of  Eug and Bea  would  call for  heads  of state  to attend and high ranking Euro royals.
These girls   are not the children of QEII.
The children of  QEII : PAnne, PC, PAndrew  had  over the top  weddings, shutting down the  country, workers  day off, etc..
Diiferent time and place.
PEdward did not  since  he  married so late in life and so long after  his siblings and it  was  after  all his siblings  had divorced.
PEdward's wedding was most appropriate. Zara's wedding was  most appropriate. Peter Phillips wedding was appropriate.

A  wedding  like  PW and K  for  Eug and Bea  would  not  be appropriate .
YESYESYES, the  BRF  and TPTB can seel  cold weather  to  their subjects  it seems . I  do  not see how could  get this over  to the people that  Eug and Bea  should  a wedding like PW. PH will have to be married like this one day whether he likes it  or not.
Actually, maybe, he  could requests  for  a wedding like Zara's if he wished. He  is  son of the next monarch . He is  foruth in line  and that  is  a  long way  down and is  going  to  change with  PW and K's  next  baby.

Lothwen

^I agree.  This would be her daughter's wedding, and as Mother of the Bride she is allowed to be front and center.  The only way I would accept her not being so would be if she and Beatrice didn't have a close relationship
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Sandor

Beatrice wouldn't get a public holiday, but she could still be married in the Abbey and have a reception at Buckingham Palace.  It would just be a private rather than a public occasion.

Honesty

I would like Bea to marry in St. George's chapel, like Edward and Sophie did.  Lovely setting and the cost is not that high.  Then Buckingham palace for the reception.

FanDianaFancy

Private?  Private  for princesses? Here lies the problem.  I  do not think  PAndrew, Sarah  nor their daughters  will  want  anything private of  rumpors are true  abput this cast  of characters personalities.  PAndrew   wants his girls, rumor says,  as  working royals. Princesses.  They are Sarah's lifelong ticket.
Rumor says, it  seems the  girls  do  not  actually work at  real life jobs , doing something for themselves and finding their talents  like  PAnne  prepped her  children to and they  have.
If, if, if the rumor  is even true  of  her  getting engaged..time will tell how tis  all plays  out .

Double post auto-merged: August 13, 2013, 02:05:43 AM

Quote from: Honesty on August 13, 2013, 02:00:20 AM
I would like Bea to marry in St. George's chapel, like Edward and Sophie did.  Lovely setting and the cost is not that high.  Then Buckingham palace for the reception.

And the balcony and  all  for their subjects to see them?

Buckingham  is  still grand.  Isnt' St. Georges' Chapel  far away  or  is it close?
Far away  would mean a  procession. Pomp and pagentry.

If, if any of this is true,  time will  tell how  it  all plays  out.

memememe

They wouldn't get married at St George's and have the reception at BP - that would mean moving everyone from Windsor to London.

St George's for the wedding and Windsor Castle for the reception is fine for her.

Sandor

If we're considering distance, St. James Chapel is right next door!

(Still say they'd opt for Westminster Abbey;  Fergie always goes on about her own wedding there.
And really, there's no reason why not;  lots of people marry in the Abbey, royal and not.)

Beatrice might not get the carriage procession, the heads of state, the guards, or the Archbishop of Canterbury, but there's no reason why she couldn't have the lavish wedding Andrew and Fergie will most likely want! 

(They wanted a masked ball for Beatrice's 18th and hired a carnival for her 25th;  does anyone truly think they'd accept a quiet little wedding in the country?)

Limabeany

:thumbsup: I agree, neither parent goes for the low-key...

Quote from: Sandor on August 13, 2013, 12:20:22 PM
(Still say they'd opt for Westminster Abbey;  Fergie always goes on about her own wedding there.
And really, there's no reason why not;  lots of people marry in the Abbey, royal and not.)

(They wanted a masked ball for Beatrice's 18th and hired a carnival for her 25th;  does anyone truly think they'd accept a quiet little wedding in the country?)
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Sandor

Her Majesty requests... the presence of Fergie - Telegraph

Although, the author of this article seems to think St. George's is the most likely venue. Also thinks wedding plans are the reason Fergie was invited in the first place.  If it's true, I wonder if we can expect an announcement when the Queen returns to London?

(But if I had my choice, I think I'd prefer to marry in the Abbey;  St. George's is lovely but the Abbey has such a sense of history).

Whenever anyone in the RF gets married these days, no one ever seems to consider St. Paul's Cathedral as a possibility?  Has it fallen out of favor for some reason?

georgiana996

I hope its true she will have such a creative dress ..... :D :D 
I think there should be a rule that all royals marry in the abbey its perfect :D  :yipee: :coach: :coach: :evil:

Double post auto-merged: August 13, 2013, 01:40:21 PM

I think that no one rides In the same car as the queen so there must be an engagement  :banana: :computer:

Regal Majesty, The Queen and Beatrice arriving at Balmoral. 

Eri

^ I am beginning to think an engagement is a sure thing !!!

Sandor

It just occurred to me that, if the Abbey is out, York Minster would be a wonderful site for a royal wedding!    :vday4: