Main Menu

Making an avatar . . .

Started by Mike, January 21, 2010, 10:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Is it possible to modify a typical .jpg photo file into an avatar?  If so, please tell me how.

Thanks.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Sir Octopi Knight

A quick way is http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/ , then you can save it and upload it to an image hosting site. Ex: http://photobucket.com/

If you already have a Photobucket account, you can upload your image directly and use their Edit Image tools which allow you to resize and crop. Good avatars can be 200X200 or 100X100 in size.

Hope it helps!
- S.O.K.
To dream the impossible dream. To right the unrightable wrong. To love pure and chaste from afar. To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star. This is my quest. To follow that star. No matter how hopeless. No matter how far! 

The Mission Of Each True Knight

Sandra Dee

Can we please make this a sticky topic, mods?

Princesse Grace

I have just registered and I can not edit my avatar,can any mod please help me?

loyalroyal86

I can't make an avatar/signature either.. :(  When I click on the avatar link under my profile it was I am unable to use this function or something like that  :shrug:  Can anybody help me please?  :)  My profile looks so empty with no picture lol
~The truth sounds insane sometimes, but that doesn\'t mean it\'s not the truth~

Lindelle

That's ok guys.
I'm sure it's about 10 posts. If you can't do it after that amount then it must be 20.
If you ramble like me, it won't take you long.
If you have trouble with the siggies, just pm me and I'll help you.

Ice Skater

I cant put any picture on profile because it says

''An Error Has Occurred!
You are not permitted to modify profile settings''! :(

Princesse Grace

Yes ,you need 25 posts to edit your avatar... do not worry...You will do soon....kisses

Ice Skater

Quote from: Princesse Grace on January 20, 2011, 06:55:03 PM
Yes ,you need 25 posts to edit your avatar... do not worry...You will do soon....kisses

Thankyou :hug:

Lindelle

Ah, so now you're showing off iceskater? :lol:

pinkpearls

I changed my avatar!!! I did! I did!!! Yippieee!!!

Lindelle

sara8150

Lindelle

sara8150

missing diana

I am unable to load a signature picture and would like to make one for tomorrow.
Is the limit 10,000 x 10,000 Mb?

Jenee

Yes - if you have trouble, send me the link to the picture and I will do it for you :)
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Jenee

I believe I have figured out what you were trying to do, and fixed it for you :wink:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

missing diana

Quote from: Jenee on April 29, 2011, 02:01:52 AM
I believe I have figured out what you were trying to do, and fixed it for you :wink:

Thank you so much!   I really appreciate it :thankyou:

By the way I love your avatar and sigpic.  Zara looks amazing.

Lady In Red

I think I can make and avatar/sig but my question is how do I add it. Do I click on my username or make changes in my profile? No idea,tbh. I'd appreciate the help. :D Thanks.

cinrit

Quote from: Lady In Red on July 04, 2011, 07:01:21 PM
I think I can make and avatar/sig but my question is how do I add it. Do I click on my username or make changes in my profile? No idea,tbh. I'd appreciate the help. :D Thanks.

^^ Lady In Red, go to your profile and click on "Forum Profile" on the left side of the screen.  :)

Cindy 
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lady In Red

Quote from: cinrit on July 04, 2011, 07:10:32 PM
Quote from: Lady In Red on July 04, 2011, 07:01:21 PM

^^ Lady In Red, go to your profile and click on "Forum Profile" on the left side of the screen.  :)

Cindy 
:thanks: . The gallery is cool. I'll work on my sig later and my avatar is awesome. I'd never seen that pic of Princess Diana before. I may use it temporarily but I really like it a lot.

cinrit

Quote from: Lady In Red on July 04, 2011, 07:29:35 PM
:thanks: . The gallery is cool. I'll work on my sig later and my avatar is awesome. I'd never seen that pic of Princess Diana before. I may use it temporarily but I really like it a lot. 

You're welcome.  I'd never seen that picture before, either.  I like it. :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

XeniaCasaraghi

Ok, I need help; I am using photobucket, but I can't make my avatar show on the forum.