~ Random Thread for the PoW and the DoC ~ Trouble in Paradise

Started by Trudie, February 24, 2008, 01:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudie

Have you all gotten the impression from recent engagements that Charles is ignoring Camilla? After three years of marriage they are not doing as many engagements together and Camilla really not doing that many alone. For a couple in love as the spin goes for 35 years why did she recuperate from her surgery at Raymill?

drezzle

I kind of always thought Camilla made Charles an offer of marriage that he could not refuse so to speak.........so I'm kind of at a loss when I can't even see it starting anywhere with a true look of love.  I thought Charles looked happier with Diana in their early years than he ever did with Camilla.

Oh, I guess I have to take some of that back.  Camilla certainly indulged Charles in his self-love fantasies with the Camillagate tapes.  She came off as quite a polished courtesan in those.  So my guess is she stopped that work load soon after the marriage.  I can remember the family boat trip around Britain with the queen and the rest of the RF was cut short by Camilla leaving early.   That was soon after the marriage I believe.   Also this last Christmas, she left the Firm's holiday abode early without Charles, and he had a face like thunder and verbally attacked some nearby photographers. 
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Princess H

Trudie, Drezzle, and Fabulous Fake,

All of you saw cracks in the Camilla/Charles marriage a few weeks ago. How insightful of all of you!

Something that is NOT good is going on between Charles and Camilla.
I am also surprised the DM laid the problems right out there in the article posted above.
Now, would the solution for an unhappy Charles be another Camilla?  :o Someone had to say it!  :kisskiss:

heather

Princess H

Quote from: heather on March 15, 2008, 07:15:56 PM
  I wish them all they wished on their former spouses.

Tee hee Heather. There's this thing called Karma.

Jenee

Quote from: Trudie on March 15, 2008, 12:42:03 AM
guess now that they have been married almost 3 years the reality of life has set in.

Yes, you are probably right. The honeymoon is over and they're now probably in that make or break 'adjustment phase' that most marriages go through at some point.

I don't see Charles getting divorced for the second time - I think that he would be very ill-advised to do so! If he and Camilla remain unhappy with each other (that is assuming they are currently unhappy with each other) then we'll probably just see them do mostly separate engagements. Lord knows they have enough houses between the two of them to not cross paths very often!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Kate

These two will not divorce, IMO....Although I doubt if it will be true love that holds them together.  Since they are seasoned players of the games, they will , each, merely get outside interests, and be available to each other, for "duty" responsibilities and photo ops...

Trudie

Both are two selfish people who will do whatever it takes to get the ultimate prize the title of HM. No matter how miserable they maybe there will be no divorce. In Camillas case she is now getting her just desserts everything she coveted and schemed for is now coming back to haunt her. As they say "What goes around comes around" and in her case it is coming around. :banana: :banana:

Cassidy

Quote from: Kate on March 17, 2008, 12:12:51 PM
These two will not divorce, IMO....Although I doubt if it will be true love that holds them together.  Since they are seasoned players of the games, they will , each, merely get outside interests, and be available to each other, for "duty" responsibilities and photo ops...

I agree with you Kate and Jenee as well. I don't think they'll divorce  :shrug:

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

dizzylizzy13

I doubt it too, although perhaps it would increase his popularity. :shrug:

heather

Rhiannon*

^^ Possibly....he seems much more suited to the bachelor life style. Have a little bit on the side that comforts and reassures him, but allows him to bask in public glory solo.

leogirl

The problem with Charles and Camilla is that they liked it better when they had to sneak around to see each other. Either the public/Queen didn't approve of the relationship, or they were married to other people and were committing adultery. Now that they're married, the fun is gone because they don't have to sneak around. Also, Camilla has never worked a day in her life and of course is not getting any sympathy for her "hard times" on royal duties from her new husband, who has done duties his entire life.

heather

Real Life and Real Work is much harder than the rush of  lustful trysting.......sad but true.

wheet

Although those two should have known better.   They dated and broke up.   Charles wanted to explore; she was supposedly in love with PB.
They should have trusted their first decisions: they were not that much into each other.

Mimi-chan

Charles always has seemed a bit of a grouch to me. Poor Camilla :teehee:

sandy

Quote from: Mimi-chan on March 23, 2008, 10:37:49 PM
Charles always has seemed a bit of a grouch to me. Poor Camilla :teehee:

Poor Camilla?! This is what the woman was fighting for for 33 years. She should be happy at last.

heather

Hopefully she is fillng her boots as we speak! :thumbsup:

Trudie

Quote from: sandy on March 26, 2008, 05:03:38 PM
Poor Camilla?! This is what the woman was fighting for for 33 years. She should be happy at last.

Given the looks of them together in recent pictures I would say she is ECSTATIC :violinstop: :lmao3:

Kate

Have we started a thread, or are we going, to about the visit of the French President and his wife..???? :Royal:

Some interesting photos from the banquet last nite...
There is one of THE POW looking over at Carla B... one could almost put a caption under his photo....  ( psst!!! 2 doors down , and on your left -!)
Or the look on his face could be... "where did I ever go wrong.?.. hmmmm ... perhaps I made a mistake in  marrying the mistress"..

Heather is much better at putting offered dialogue to a photo... what would you put, Heather??

Maybe I'll start the Thread

dizzylizzy13

There is a thread already in the QE board -- French State Visit.  :thumbsup:

Kate

drezzle

Quote from: Kate on March 27, 2008, 01:35:05 PM

Some interesting photos from the banquet last nite...
There is one of THE POW looking over at Carla B... one could almost put a caption under his photo....  ( psst!!! 2 doors down , and on your left -!)

:laugh: :D  Very cute.  He's obviously extremely worried about her response if so.   Could he be thinking ~~ is this another Diana?  Should I stop, look and listen NOW? 

My first impression of some of the picts of C&C in their carriage ride was of trouble in paradise.  At least something is wrong during the ride at least.  It must be sheer torture for Camilla to put up with that bloody royal routine.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

teachkid

Cassidy, I LOVE your avatar.  It reminds me of my 2 yr old son and our cat.    :laugh:

BOT:  Can't say I feel too sorry for her.  Be careful what you wish for.
Someone with PDD-NOS makes me proud every day!

New research shows that 1 out of 70 boys born today will have autism!!!!