The Coronation

Started by LouisFerdinand, September 17, 2022, 10:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRealDuchessOfSussex

King Charles III's coronation reportedly at risk

I don?t think this is true, but read it anyway!

I also saw an article that says Meghan won?t be attending the coronation. :windsor1: :orchid: :royalsneeze:
I think I'm the only one here that has written a letter to the Queen and got a letter back from the Lady in Waiting..... :P :happy15: :wed:

Curryong

Quote from: TheRealDuchessOfSussex on February 16, 2023, 11:35:54 PM
King Charles III's coronation reportedly at risk

I don?t think this is true, but read it anyway!

I also saw an article that says Meghan won?t be attending the coronation. :windsor1: :orchid: :royalsneeze:

Please look at where you are getting your articles from Duchess, and their sources. The journalist who wrote the piece you linked is not a native English speaker. You can tell that from her sentence construction. She?s probably Spanish and this online music and entertainment magazine that is the source is almost certainly Spanish as well. Certainly she and her editor don?t know the first thing about the BRF. ?The monarch Mrs Camilla Parker.? Really? It?s strangely amusing that should be printed but in fact Camilla hasn?t been addressed by that name ever and is certainly not the monarch..

And the other article you mentioned in your post referring to Meghan probably came from a tabloid. They may be British but they?re nearly as bad as the above.

TLLK

@TheRealDuchessOfSussex -I agree with @Curryong that checking your sources is a good idea. There's a great deal of speculation going on now about the Coronation but honestly Buckingham Palace has not released too many specific details.

They've announced the dates and the events associated with that weekend. We know which crown the Queen Consort has chosen and the official emblem has been released to the public. We also know that the service is likely to be shorter.

I believe that those who are expected to be invited outside of the British Royal Family  have already received a "save the date" notification ie: Commonwealth Nation Prime Ministers and Governors General. Quite likely the reigning and non-reigning royals who are likely to be invited have received notification too.

As for the presence of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke of York, we'll have to wait and see.

PrincessOfPeace

Twelve newly commissioned pieces of music will be performed at The Coronation of Their Majesties The King and The Queen Consort at Westminster Abbey on Saturday 6 May 2023, showcasing musical talent from across the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. -

https://www.royal.uk/coronation-music-westminster-abbey

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 18, 2023, 10:36:58 PM
Twelve newly commissioned pieces of music will be performed at The Coronation of Their Majesties The King and The Queen Consort at Westminster Abbey on Saturday 6 May 2023, showcasing musical talent from across the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. -

https://www.royal.uk/coronation-music-westminster-abbey
How wonderful! I knew the music would be special as His Majesty is a music afficionado, but never expected this!

TLLK

I'm not surprised that KCIII has had a personal hand in making the music selections.

sara8150

King Charles has 'played a blinder over Harry and Meghan' with his approach to the coronation | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle feels 'excluded' from coronation plans, sources claim | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth Appeared Vulnerable at Coronation, Says Lady Anne Glenconner

King Charles hit by Coronation protests with Kensington Palace Republic's latest target | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry may not attend King Charles's Coronation as Meghan feels 'excluded' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen Camilla launches new Coronation Champions Award to salute the nation's unsung heroes | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Harry and Meghan are not King Charles' only pressure at Coronation, claims Karren Brady | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

King Charles suffers blow as Adele and another A-list star 'turn down' Coronation | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to be 'controlled' at Coronation - 'can't trust Sussexes' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry faced with 'complicated' decision of whether or not to attend coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

King Charles to refuse Prince Harry?s one Coronation demand | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince William tipped for 'greater role' than tradition dictates at Charles's Coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

King Charles delivers brutal 'burn' to Harry over Coronation demand, royal expert claims | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Coronation plan promises to be a huge treat for classical music lovers | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-02-18/anthem-by-andrew-lloyd-webber-one-of-12-new-pieces-of-music-for-coronation

The famous names who will bring the music at the Coronation to life ? Royal Central

HistoryGirl2

The Queen?s composure always amazed me, even at such a young age. I think Charles will be composed as well?if nothing else because he?s been envisioning it for so long!

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on February 22, 2023, 02:45:55 AM
The Queen?s composure always amazed me, even at such a young age. I think Charles will be composed as well?if nothing else because he?s been envisioning it for so long!
I agree. It is a very religious ceremony, which will affect him in a spiritual way. Also, he will be cognizant of the sobering and significance of the event, as it takes place after his mother's passing.

TLLK

The search for bell ringers for the coronation has begun. The BBC met with those learning the art for the first time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-64718027

QuoteThe bells of the waterfront Church of St Clement, in Ipswich, still ring out on cold February nights.

The deconsecrated Suffolk church is currently the location of bell-ringing training for a band of campanologists getting ready to ring for the King's coronation.

"We want to make sure that there are ringers for every church so that we can all ring out for the coronation," says Amanda Richmond, from the Association of Ringing Teachers.

LouisFerdinand

PrincessOfPeace

Buckingham Palace is set officially to describe Camilla as 'Queen', rather than 'Queen Consort' -

The change is likely to come after King Charles's coronation in May, according to well-placed sources. -

A well-placed source said: 'There's a view in the Palace that Queen Consort is cumbersome and it might be simpler for Camilla to be known just as the Queen when the time is right' -

Camilla will officially be known as the Queen rather than 'Queen Consort' after King's coronation | Daily Mail Online

sara8150

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 25, 2023, 06:34:05 PM
Buckingham Palace is set officially to describe Camilla as 'Queen', rather than 'Queen Consort' -

The change is likely to come after King Charles?s coronation in May, according to well-placed sources. -

A well-placed source said: 'There's a view in the Palace that Queen Consort is cumbersome and it might be simpler for Camilla to be known just as the Queen when the time is right' -

Camilla will officially be known as the Queen rather than 'Queen Consort' after King's coronation | Daily Mail Online

I can?t believe!! If late Diana,Princess of Wales would be here today from heaven but Diana will be people?s princess and she is queen?s hearts she remain!! Don?t you remember Diana told panorama in her famous 1995 interview says ?There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded.?

LouisFerdinand

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on February 25, 2023, 08:14:41 PM
I can?t believe!! If late Diana,Princess of Wales would be here today from heaven but Diana will be people?s princess and she is queen?s hearts she remain!! Don?t you remember Diana told panorama in her famous 1995 interview says ?There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded.?

It doesn?t matter what Camilla is called. Queen, Queen Consort, Chief ex royal Mistress Extraordinary. Doesn?t matter. The polls have shown for over twenty years that she was and remains the most unpopular wife of a Prince of Wales and a King since Queen Adelaide, and certainly within the last century and a half. Her poll numbers show that, working royal or not, the PR ain?t working and never has, probably never will.

Nightowl

For heaven's sake isn't it time people move on from the past?  What should we do, go back a few hundreds of years and still blame and shout about who did what then now?  Regardless we all MAKE MISTAKES in life, life is not perfect and neither is anyone in it and isn't it time we grow up and take care of today as we have tons of issues that need fixing like a war where thousands of men and women and children are dying because of a monster or the viruses that are still killing people, or our governments not caring about the people........So what if Camilla is called a Queen or Queen Consort or even an old Queen, so what, is it going to make someone's day or not?  She will always be *Queen* in Charles eyes and that is all that matters to him, not one of us in this world can take that away from him ever.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on February 26, 2023, 02:53:12 AM
For heaven's sake isn't it time people move on from the past?  What should we do, go back a few hundreds of years and still blame and shout about who did what then now?  Regardless we all MAKE MISTAKES in life, life is not perfect and neither is anyone in it and isn't it time we grow up and take care of today as we have tons of issues that need fixing like a war where thousands of men and women and children are dying because of a monster or the viruses that are still killing people, or our governments not caring about the people........So what if Camilla is called a Queen or Queen Consort or even an old Queen, so what, is it going to make someone's day or not?  She will always be *Queen* in Charles eyes and that is all that matters to him, not one of us in this world can take that away from him ever.

There are many wives in their husbands? eyes who are Queens of their minds and hearts (and who didn?t have to break up two families to be so.) These wives however are not publicly crowned so in a ceremony that is paid for by the British Government. It?s not Charles?s money that is being used but British taxpayers?. It was presumably many of these British taxpayers who took part in YouGov polls since 2005 and who were asked whether they approved of Camilla or not and have said not. Newspaper poll after newspaper poll said the same thing. ?We don?t want Camilla as Queen.?

Charles is fortunate that he as sovereign can insist that his wife be crowned by his side. And she will be. That does not mean however that the majority of his subjects like or approve of his wife. It?s clear they don?t and never have.

Macrobug67

This thread is about the coronation.  Absolutely do NOT start the war of the Wales on this thread.   No Diana.  No discussion of popularity etc.  There are threads for those discussions.  Any further posts off topic will be removed.   And to let you know I?m serious  :windsor:

Nightowl

Oh I can really see that you are serious, so I am going to let those of the world that live in the past stay there while I move on to tomorrow and whatever it brings....baking veggie muffins has been my thing lately..

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 25, 2023, 06:34:05 PM

The change is likely to come after King Charles's coronation in May, according to well-placed sources. -

I agree that it's time for her to be known by the same title as her other female predecessors throughout English and British history which is "Queen (first name)."

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug67 on February 26, 2023, 05:23:39 AM
This thread is about the coronation.  Absolutely do NOT start the war of the Wales on this thread.   No Diana.  No discussion of popularity etc.  There are threads for those discussions.  Any further posts off topic will be removed.   And to let you know I?m serious  :windsor:

If anyone would like to continue that discussion regarding the marriage of KCIII and the late Diana, Princess of Wales, here's the thread.

Engagement, Marriage, Divorce of Diana and Charles (Thread from 2020 onward)