The Coronation

Started by LouisFerdinand, September 17, 2022, 10:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Duke and Duchess of Sussex WILL be invited to the King's coronation | Daily Mail Online

King Charles Coronation Emblem Revealed: See the Design by Jony Ive

The touching story behind King Charles' coronation emblem revealed | HELLO!

Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle won't make balcony appearance at King Charles's coronation | HELLO!

King Charles's coronation emblem made by iPhone designer Sir Jony Ive revealed | UK News | Sky News

King forced to invite Meghan and Harry to coronation to keep them from 'weaponising' snub | US | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle won't overshadow King Charles's Coronation - poll | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

King to abandon 121-year-old seating tradition for cost-saving Coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry and Meghan are on the King?s Coronation guest list | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-02-10/coronation-emblem-created-by-apples-former-design-guru-unveiled

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/meghan-harry-invited-coronation-officials-29189790

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/global-icon-lionel-richie-first-29189086

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sir-rod-stewart-rules-out-29188096

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/king-charles-official-emblem-revealed-29188883

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/21348955/prince-charles-coronation-concert-lionel-richie/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/the-coronation-emblem-is-revealed-186367/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/the-ballot-for-tickets-for-the-coronation-concert-is-now-open-heres-how-to-enter-186359/

LouisFerdinand

Do you think that the 1902 State Landau will be used in the Coronation?   

:coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach:

sara8150

Prince Andrew won't have a ceremonial role in King Charles' coronation as he is not a working royal | Daily Mail Online

Royal family is 'fully expecting' Harry and Meghan to attend King's coronation | Daily Mail Online

Meghan and Harry told to talk about ?nothing but the weather? at Charles' Coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Touching moment veterans of Queen's Coronation ask King Charles for special invite | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle will have 'perfect excuse' for Coronation no-show, claims expert | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Harry and Meghan must be there and also Meghan must be present but Meghan have no excuse to absent at King Charles?s coronation due same day of Archie?s birthday last time Sussex have birthday party for Lilibet?s 1st birthday in England but Harry and Meghan MUST have birthday party same Lilibet?s during Queen Elizabeth?s platinum jubilee

Royal Family told to be 'smart' and 'seek peace' with Harry and Meghan ahead of Coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal family 'fully expecting' Harry and Meghan to attend King Charles coronation - Mirror Online

Prince Andrew 'won't have a ceremonial role at coronation as he's not a working royal' - Mirror Online

Duke of York cant attend King Charles?s coronation due remain investigation of disgraceful Jeffrey Epstein and also Harry and Meghan must be there if Meghan must be present but Meghan have no excuse to absent at King Charles?s coronation according express articles says but 48 hours for Harry is no excuse!!

HistoryGirl2

Seems perfectly reason that non-working royals would have no ceremonial role at the coronation. 

Amabel2

well it used to be the case that all peers and royals swore allegiance to the King, but that has been simplified partly to shorten the service.

wannable

As of September 2022, there are 807 hereditary peers: 29 dukes (including five royal dukes), 34 marquesses, 190 earls, 111 viscounts, and 443 barons (disregarding subsidiary titles).

sara8150

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on February 13, 2023, 04:41:19 PM
Seems perfectly reason that non-working royals would have no ceremonial role at the coronation. 

Yes Prince Andrew is no longer work Royals due investigation of his disgrace friend Jeffrey Epstein but investigation not over King Charles and Prince William makes decisions is finalized who work royals will be at balcony not back to under of late Queen Elizabeth II but Prince Harry and Meghan will not part balcony due no longer work with royals or with King Charles because of rifts not back to 2019 between Harry and William but Harry wrote in his memoir

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on February 13, 2023, 06:52:11 PM
As of September 2022, there are 807 hereditary peers: 29 dukes (including five royal dukes), 34 marquesses, 190 earls, 111 viscounts, and 443 barons (disregarding subsidiary titles).

Yes

sara8150

Quote from: Amabel2 on February 13, 2023, 06:13:18 PM
well it used to be the case that all peers and royals swore allegiance to the King, but that has been simplified partly to shorten the service.

We have wait and see till May 6 will be longer services or short but im sure King Charles have invite European royals on the lists to attend

HistoryGirl2

I also just see it as a way to modernize the ceremony without taking away the important aspect of it.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on February 12, 2023, 10:38:07 PM
Prince Andrew won't have a ceremonial role in King Charles' coronation as he is not a working royal | Daily Mail Online

Royal family is 'fully expecting' Harry and Meghan to attend King's coronation | Daily Mail Online

Meghan and Harry told to talk about ?nothing but the weather? at Charles' Coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

I totally understand that the Sussex's must be invited to attend. After all, it is his father who is being crowned. Also, if it is true that they have been told to discuss weather only with senior royals then I agree with that, too. However, how can they control them while they are in England or prevent them from making one or more of their staged PR, attention getting "stunts"?  I'm sure all the media would love to get interviews with them (what a coup that would be!). Or what if they secretly arranged a walkabout at one of the venues, or arranged to arrive at greatest advantage to themselves? Harry is angry and thus unpredictable. 

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 13, 2023, 11:44:09 PM
I totally understand that the Sussex's must be invited to attend. After all, it is his father who is being crowned. Also, if it is true that they have been told to discuss weather only with senior royals then I agree with that, too. However, how can they control them while they are in England or prevent them from making one or more of their staged PR, attention getting "stunts"?  I'm sure all the media would love to get interviews with them (what a coup that would be!). Or what if they secretly arranged a walkabout at one of the venues, or arranged to arrive at greatest advantage to themselves? Harry is angry and thus unpredictable. 

Yes but Duke of York and Sussex will not part in balcony after crowned of King Charles and Queen Camilla at Westminster Abbey but senior royal family will part in balcony not back to late Queen Elizabeth II

wannable

Netflix season 2 episode 1 complaining about the unproductive conversation of no apology. They spoke message WhatsApp about the weather.

They need content
They will not miss this historical event

sara8150

Peers and MPs outraged as slimmed-down Coronation means hundreds to miss out on invite | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Andrew has 'no royal future' no matter what path he chooses | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
And also according express articles says Sussex will not part ?no official role? per King Charles because Sussex is no longer work royal or monarchy family due back to Netflix last December and also memoir not back to January 10 Duke of York will not part in coronation due investigation of his friend disgrace Jeffrey Epstein but investigation not over

William has 'reservations' about Harry attending Coronation as key sticking point revealed | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

King Charles warned Harry and Meghan's Coronation invite risks 'tawdry family drama' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Mary's Crown has been removed from display at the Tower of London for modification work ahead of the Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort on Saturday, 6th May 2023. Queen Mary?s Crown will be used for the Coronation of The Queen Consort at Westminster Abbey:

https://www.royal.uk/queen-consort-crown-coronation

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on February 13, 2023, 08:27:02 PM
We have wait and see till May 6 will be longer services or short but im sure King Charles have invite European royals on the lists to attend

Traditionally it will be the heirs  to the throne plus their spouses and not fellow monarchs that will be invited to the ceremony. However Prince Albert did attend King Willem-Alexander's investiture, so he might be at KCIII's coronation. It's possible that we might see some of the young female heirs in attendance if their school schedules permit: Belgium's Elisabeth, The Netherlands' Catharina-Amalia and Spain's Leonor. 

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 14, 2023, 12:18:39 PM
Queen Mary's Crown has been removed from display at the Tower of London for modification work ahead of the Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort on Saturday, 6th May 2023. Queen Mary?s Crown will be used for the Coronation of The Queen Consort at Westminster Abbey:

I understand that the controversial Koh I  Noor will not be included in the design.

Queen Camilla to wear Queen Mary?s Crown at the Coronation ? Royal Central

QuoteQueen Mary?s Crown was made for King George V?s consort for the 1911 coronation.

The controversial Koh-I-Noor diamond will not feature following Her Majesty?s decision to use this crown.

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on February 14, 2023, 02:24:07 PM
Traditionally it will be the heirs  to the throne plus their spouses and not fellow monarchs that will be invited to the ceremony. However Prince Albert did attend King Willem-Alexander's investiture, so he might be at KCIII's coronation. It's possible that we might see some of the young female heirs in attendance if their school schedules permit: Belgium's Elisabeth, The Netherlands' Catharina-Amalia and Spain's Leonor. 

Yes

sara8150

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 14, 2023, 12:18:39 PM

Yes

Macrobug67

Quote from: TLLK on February 14, 2023, 02:24:40 PM
I understand that the controversial Koh I  Noor will not be included in the design.

They will use the Cullinan diamonds instead.  And remove several of the arches.  That will help with the weight.  I like the idea of recycling an old crown instead of making a new one.  There is continuity and it shows respect to people struggling to get by.  I hope that K&W and others do the same. 

wannable

sara8150

Camilla pays tribute to The Queen as resets Coronation crown with mother-in-law's diamonds | Daily Mail Online

Queen Camilla's Coronation Crown Revealed: See the Historic Headpiece

King Charles removes controversial item from coronation - details | HELLO!

Queen Consort Camilla's coronation crown CONFIRMED - and changes she's making | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64638152

King Charles coronation: Camilla to wear Queen Mary's crown without controversial Koh-in-noor diamond | UK News | Sky News

King Charles's Coronation won't be marked with a Bank Holiday in this UK region | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen Camilla will wear Queen Mary's crown to Coronation but controversial jewel removed | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-02-14/camilla-will-wear-queen-marys-crown-for-kings-coronation

Camilla to alter controversial crown for Coronation to include ?50m Queen tribute - Mirror Online

King Charles' Coronation controversies - staggering cost, Harry invitation and secret moment - Mirror Online

Camilla's crown for her coronation as Queen Consort revealed | The Sun

Queen Camilla decides not to wear the controversial Koh-i-Noor diamond at Coronation ? Royal Central

Queen Camilla?s poignant tribute to Queen Elizabeth II at the Coronation ? Royal Central

Controversial crown will not be worn during King Charles III's coronation ceremony - CBS News
I understand on articles Queen Camilla will wear Queen Mary?s crown not Queen Elizabeth?s or Queen Mother?s

LouisFerdinand

@sara8150, Thank you for the information about Hugo Burnand, King Charles III's   
photographer. I like the pictures he took of Prince William and Catherine's wedding.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on February 14, 2023, 07:44:03 PM
Camilla pays tribute to The Queen as resets Coronation crown with mother-in-law's diamonds | Daily Mail Online

Queen Camilla's Coronation Crown Revealed: See the Historic Headpiece

King Charles removes controversial item from coronation - details | HELLO!

Queen Consort Camilla's coronation crown CONFIRMED - and changes she's making | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64638152

King Charles coronation: Camilla to wear Queen Mary's crown without controversial Koh-in-noor diamond | UK News | Sky News

King Charles's Coronation won't be marked with a Bank Holiday in this UK region | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen Camilla will wear Queen Mary's crown to Coronation but controversial jewel removed | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-02-14/camilla-will-wear-queen-marys-crown-for-kings-coronation

Camilla to alter controversial crown for Coronation to include ?50m Queen tribute - Mirror Online

King Charles' Coronation controversies - staggering cost, Harry invitation and secret moment - Mirror Online

Camilla's crown for her coronation as Queen Consort revealed | The Sun

Queen Camilla decides not to wear the controversial Koh-i-Noor diamond at Coronation ? Royal Central

Queen Camilla?s poignant tribute to Queen Elizabeth II at the Coronation ? Royal Central

Controversial crown will not be worn during King Charles III's coronation ceremony - CBS News
I understand on articles Queen Camilla will wear Queen Mary?s crown not Queen Elizabeth?s or Queen Mother?s
Smart move - tactful, sensitive, and she will look beautiful with those Cullinane diamonds.