The Last Days, Death, Lying in State and Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II Part 2

Started by TLLK, September 16, 2022, 08:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on September 19, 2022, 02:38:32 PM
You?re right about that grandchildren of HM Queen Elizabeth II include Sussex,Peter,Zara,Beatrice and Eugenie not work royals but Prince of Wales is seat front row

Nobody is suggesting that the heir to the throne, the Prince of Wales and his wife, shouldn?t be in the front row, but why, apart from the order of their birth as the Queen?s grandchildren, should Peter and Zara occupy front row seats. Working royal or not, Harry is the son of King Charles, just as William is. They aren?t.

sara8150

Curryong

When I saw the Queen?s fell pony and her much loved corgis it was so sad.

And when Queen Elizabeth?s coffin began to sink down to the vaults beneath the chapel it just made me tear up (again.) That was a powerful, awful moment.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on September 19, 2022, 04:00:42 PM
When Queen Elizabeth?s coffin began to sink down to the vaults beneath the chapel it just made me tear up (again.) That was a powerful, awful moment.

Yes

Macrobug67

The corgies, pony and the descent teared me up.  So did the removal of the crown, orb and spectre.   But it was the breaking of the rod that really did me in.  And the piper. 

sara8150

Meghan Markle's comforting smile at niece Princess Charlotte | HELLO!

The Queen's funeral LIVE: Prince George, Princess Charlotte and all royals progress to Windsor | HELLO!

Queen Elizabeth II's funeral: the most emotional moments - VIDEO | HELLO!

Prince William and Princess Kate's rare funeral interaction with Harry and Meghan - watch | HELLO!

Justin Trudeau's wife Sophie Gr?goire sports statement brooch for loved-up appearance | HELLO!

Queen Elizabeth's beloved family member makes surprise appearance at Windsor service | HELLO!

The Queen's Corgis Muick and Sandy arrive at Windsor Castle on day of Queen's funeral | HELLO!
HM Queen Elizabeth II?s corgis will missed Queen Elizabeth II

Prince Philip's confidante Penelope Knatchbull mourns the Queen alongside royal family | HELLO!

Queen Elizabeth II's final resting place: Inside the chapel at Windsor Castle | HELLO!
He reunited with Duke of Edinburgh,her parents, Princess Margaret and grandparents

Sophie Wessex's poignant funeral brooch she last wore alongside the Queen | HELLO!

Princess Charlotte curtseys alongside Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton at Queen's funeral - watch video | HELLO!

Revealed: who will look after the late Queen Elizabeth II's beloved corgis | HELLO!
Duke of York and girls watch HM Queen Elizabeth II?s corgis

Queen's funeral: Elizabeth II to be laid to rest as royals bid farewell to monarch with procession and poignant services | UK News | Sky News

King's goodbye as Queen's coffin is seen in public for the final time | UK News | Sky News

King Charles places Queen's Company Camp Colours on coffin at committal service | UK News | Sky News

Queen to finally be reunited with Prince Philip at Windsor Castle as burial service begins | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen's loyal corgis Muick and Sandy wait patiently for their owner one last time | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Poor corgis wait for owner arrived HM Queen Elizabeth II at Windsor Castle

Harry's final goodbye: Prince looks on as Queen's coffin lowered into Royal Vault | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen's Windsor service: The reason for haunting empty seat in front of King Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen funeral viewing figures smash records as event more watched than moon landing | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince George and Princess Charlotte look all grown up entering service with Kate | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
I?m agreed with that!! Queen Elizabeth II?s great grandchildren want mature for her great grandchildren at service

Queen's crown, orb and sceptre removed from coffin as ceremonial funeral draws to close | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Remove crown,orb and scepter for buried in royal vault same past and present of King and Queen

Queen to finally be reunited with Prince Philip at Windsor Castle as burial service begins | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen's favourite horse Emma waits for her one final time at Windsor Castle ? VIDEO | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Zara Tindall and Mike Tindall care for nieces Savannah and Isla as well as daughter Mia | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Curryong

It was all beautiful but the marching soldiers and the slowly driven hearse seemed to go at a snail?s pace once it reached the Long Walk at Windsor Castle. I was waiting to see the Committal ceremony (it?s the early hours of Tuesday morning here) and every time I checked the car and marching troops were on the same path! Mind you it was a long walk and some of them just looked very tired. As did everybody concerned with today?s ceremonial, really. All will sleep well tonight hopefully, including the Royals.

sara8150

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-09-19/queens-coffin-makes-its-final-journey-to-windsor-castle

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-09-19/corgis-given-chance-to-say-goodbyes-to-queen-at-windsor

Kate and William give George and Charlotte last minute second role in Queen's funeral - Mirror Online

Princess Charlotte shares touching moment with Prince Harry as they say goodbye to Queen - Mirror Online

Kate Middleton awkwardly forced to move out of Meghan's way amid seat confusion - Mirror Online

King Charles left empty seat in front row at funeral to keep the Queen happy - Mirror Online
In spirit of Queen Elizabeth II

Prince Andrew looks after Queen's beloved corgis as they wait for monarch's coffin - Mirror Online

Queen's corgis wait to greet her coffin at Windsor leaving 'broken' fans in tears - Mirror Online

Queen's reign comes to an end with removal of crown and wand breaking ritual - Mirror Online

Queen is finally reunited with her beloved Philip as coffin is lowered into vault in poignant end to emotional farewell | The Sun

Royal fans in tears as Queen?s loyal corgis wait for her coffin to arrive at Windsor Castle | The Sun

Royal fans complain about ?disrespectful and inappropriate? behaviour as the queen?s coffin passes by crowds of mourners | The Sun
Disrespectful for Queen Elizabeth II

Sweet moment Prince William ushers Harry and Meghan to their seats for Queen's committal service at Windsor | The Sun

Royal fans spot the cute moment Charlotte appears to remind Prince George about official protocol at the Queen's funeral | The Sun
Princess Charlotte told Prince George ?bow down?

Sophie Wessex showed ?concern? for ?tearful? Prince Edward & gave signs of ?emotional distress?, says body language pro | The Sun

Queen Elizabeth II laid to rest in the Royal Vault in Service of Committal ? Royal Central

The Queen and Prince Philip?s wedding hymn rings out at Westminster Abbey at her State Funeral ? Royal Central

Crowds applaud and throw flowers as they accompany Queen Elizabeth II all along her last journey ? Royal Central

A moving goodbye as Queen Elizabeth II passes in front of Buckingham Palace for the last time ? Royal Central

Macrobug67

Quote from: Curryong on September 19, 2022, 04:40:02 PM
It was all beautiful but the marching soldiers and the slowly driven hearse seemed to go at a snail?s pace once it reached the Long Walk at Windsor Castle. I was waiting to see the Committal ceremony (it?s the early hours of Tuesday morning here) and every time I checked the car and marching troops were on the same path! Mind you it was a long walk and some of them just looked very tired. As did everybody concerned with today?s ceremonial, really. All will sleep well tonight hopefully, including the Royals.

I?ve been texting with my British SIL.  We are both a mess.   We agree that the traditions and rituals are what made this so beautiful.  Innovation is great but sometimes what we need is tradition. 

Curryong

It shouldn?t be forgotten that neither the moon landing nor Diana?s funeral occurred in the digital age. There are dozens more streaming services now. In those days, at least in Britain there were only three TV channels at the most.

Queen funeral viewing figures smash records as event more watched than moon landing | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

wannable

Yep, half of the world population

4.1billion people from across the globe

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 19, 2022, 05:39:05 PM
Yep, half of the world population

4.1billion people from across the globe

Yes, this is an exceptional event for sure, but my comment about streaming services still stands. How many people in the US, UK and Western Europe for example had computers etc in 1997 as compared to today. And many Third World nations in Africa and Asia didn?t have huge numbers of TV viewers in 1969.

Curryong

wannable

^^Yes. TV sets only; 1969 1 TV per household. Charles and Diana's wedding 1981 at least 3 TV sets per household.  In both occasions the transmission worldwide was free.

Youtube started to exist 2005, Facebook 2004, Twitter 2006.  These 3 can go live and stay live like forever If a subscribed channel wants it. Instagram 2010 can go live too, but still has a bit of limitations. Since Thursday 8th September it has all been free as well, it will end today. Then there are ''private'' broadcasting websites that are powered by themselves and can go live if with the amount of equipment like the Queen's death, processions, funeral, etc. that we have had the privilege to watch all since 8/9/2022

ETA: I don't have a TV set since 3 years ago.  I have 4 smart screens around the apartment, no boxes attached, smart screens use wifi/internet, then download the broadcasting apps one is subscribed to or download a packaged app like DirecTV too. Before the pandemic I gave the TV sets away to security guard, the maid, the gardener of the building. The thing is one would need/I recommend the best internet package of a carrier. If not, probably better to stick with 1 TV 1 smartscreen.

sara8150

Queen's funeral: Prince Harry puffs out cheeks as he and Meghan Markle leave St George's Chapel | Daily Mail Online

Moment Queen's coffin is lowered into St George's Chapel vault to lie beside Prince Philip | Daily Mail Online

JACI STEPHEN'S unmissable TV review of the day all four big US networks did the royals proud | Daily Mail Online

Duke of Sussex and Princess Charlotte share sweet moment during Queen's Windsor committal service | Daily Mail Online

Corgis pay Queen a final farewell | Daily Mail Online

David Beckham shares moving tribute to The Queen following her funeral | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth II will be buried alongside husband Prince Philip and parents in St George's Chapel | Daily Mail Online

Queen's funeral procession: Crowds throw flowers and cheer as monarch taken to Windsor | Daily Mail Online

Charles sat with family brings back poignant memories of Queen sitting alone for Philip's funeral | Daily Mail Online

Moment a runaway spider from the Queen's garden seen crawling across her coffin at Westminster Abbey | Daily Mail Online

Prince William and Kate Tell Queen Elizabeth 'Goodbye' in Statement

Why Prince George Was Wearing a Blue Suit to Queen Elizabeth's Funeral

Peter Phillips' daughters Savannah and Isla join young royals at the Queen's Windsor funeral | HELLO!

Prince William and Kate Middleton break silence following Queen's funeral | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62961120

Queen Elizabeth II: David Beckham and Tyson Fury among sport stars to pay tribute - BBC Sport

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62960748

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-62959939

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62952004

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-62949458

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-62958620

wannable

The Royal Family
@royalfamily

May flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest.
In loving memory of Her Majesty The Queen.
1926 - 2022

sara8150

Why Lord Chamberlain Broke His Wand of Office on Queen Elizabeth's Coffin

The Queen inspired devotion, respect and love - but never deliberately sought it | Rhiannon Mills | UK News | Sky News

King Charles, Meghan, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward join mourners shedding tears at Queen's funeral | UK News | Sky News

Windsor says goodbye to a much-loved Queen - and neighbour | UK News | Sky News

Why the crown, orb and sceptre were removed from the Queen's coffin | UK News | Sky News
Crown,orb and sceptre remove from HM Queen Elizabeth II?s coffin to laid rest but Crown,orb and sceptre have history from past to present of dead monarchy and also break wands to end of Queen Elizabeth II?s reign and transition to King Charles III

What was the ?wand of office? broken at the Queen?s funeral? | Queen Elizabeth II | The Guardian

What is the Wand of Office that will be broken when the Queen is laid to rest? | Evening Standard

Queen's loyal corgis Muick and Sandy wait patiently for their owner one last time | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal ritual sparks confusion as Queen laid to rest with Prince Philip in Windsor | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Dawn of a new era as Queen Elizabeth II is laid to rest with whole world watching - Mirror Online

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/queen-reunited-philip-for-eternity-28032176
Disrespectful

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19855395/queen-laid-to-rest-husband-philip-private-family-service/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19857436/arthur-edwards-queen-funeral/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19857620/prince-george-funeral-queen/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19857896/crowd-queen-funeral/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19858168/queen-favourite-horse-emma-waited-long-walk/

Blue Clover

I watched the entire ceremony and found it very moving. Countless touching moments made it an extraordinary event. I cannot imagine what the private ceremony will be like for the family.