All memorials to Diana including the fountain, playground, and statue discussio

Started by Curryong, January 28, 2017, 10:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

I expect the unveiling of the statue of Diana to be going ahead, and that Harry will be in London for it. If he wasn?t coming or the ceremony was postponed the RR?s would have been briefed about it or there would at least have been leaks from KP for the tabloids to chew over.

The last time I saw Camilla Tominey speak on Sunrise here about royal matters like the Queen meeting the G7 leaders she mentioned the statue unveiling and Harry going to be on his own as Meghan has her newborn. She said it would just be the two brothers.

There doesn?t have to be huge announcements about the unveiling more than a fortnight in advance. There will be more than enough to discuss when Harry arrives a few days before. He?s been vaccinated by now for sure, and William has, so (bar some crisis with baby Lili) everything will be going ahead.

Amabel2

I hope they can have it soon, its been waiting so long.. but if Harry has to spend time in quarantine again, its a bit of a nusiance.. and possibly I thougt they might put it off till late summer. but I never expected Meghan to come.

TLLK

I believe that closer to the event that the information will be released. The G7 and Ascot related royal activities have taken precedence over the statue unveiling for now.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 17, 2021, 08:08:17 AM
I hope they can have it soon, its been waiting so long.. but if Harry has to spend time in quarantine again, its a bit of a nusiance.. and possibly I thougt they might put it off till late summer. but I never expected Meghan to come.
I never expected her to come, either.  However, having a young baby didn't stop her from crossing the Atlantic to support her friend in a tennis match.  I thought that was not the right thing to do, and I think it's better that she stays home with both children now. 

Amabel2

I think its probably better if she doesn't come.  Travel is still not back to normal, and she'd have to isolate and its a long way to bring two small children.  Besides I dont believe she woud really want to coem to the UK. 

Amabel2

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on June 17, 2021, 02:02:22 PM
I never expected her to come, either.  However, having a young baby didn't stop her from crossing the Atlantic to support her friend in a tennis match.  I thought that was not the right thing to do, and I think it's better that she stays home with both children now.

I dont think it would be very comfortable for anyone. I think that even Harry coming may well detract from the focus on Diana, and according to himself, Im not sure h e'll be al that happy travelling to the UK.  but I think he shold come.  However, Meghan I think would  really take the focus off the Diana statue and I think she wont come and things would be uncomfortable if she did.

sara8150

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 18, 2021, 06:52:46 AM
I dont think it would be very comfortable for anyone. I think that even Harry coming may well detract from the focus on Diana, and according to himself, Im not sure h e'll be al that happy travelling to the UK.  but I think he shold come.  However, Meghan I think would  really take the focus off the Diana statue and I think she wont come and things would be uncomfortable if she did.

Yes Duke of Sussex will go alone but Meghan will stay home with kids Archie and Lilibet but in UK public,people and Royals fans don?t want Meghan back for reasons due rifts between two brothers but Duchess of Cambridge will separate William and Harry at Diana?s statue but no drama at Diana?s statue

sara8150

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 17, 2021, 02:35:18 PM
I think its probably better if she doesn't come.  Travel is still not back to normal, and she'd have to isolate and its a long way to bring two small children.  Besides I dont believe she woud really want to coem to the UK. 

In UK not lifting back normal till July per PM Boris Johnson but should expire June 21

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on June 18, 2021, 04:06:09 PM
Yes Duke of Sussex will go alone but Meghan will stay home with kids Archie and Lilibet but in UK public,people and Royals fans don?t want Meghan back for reasons due rifts between two brothers but Duchess of Cambridge will separate William and Harry at Diana?s statue but no drama at Diana?s statue

I doubt very very much that Kate will be there at the statue unveiling. I believe it will be William and Harry only who will be present.

Izabella

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on June 19, 2021, 12:47:50 AM
I doubt very very much that Kate will be there at the statue unveiling. I believe it will be William and Harry only who will be present.
I cna't see why she would not be, unless they decide to confine it to the Spencer side of the family.  Kate is Will's wife and while the children are a bit small for the event, I can't see any real reason why she would not attend.   If Harry can't come, its going to be a bit lonely if Will hasn't got his wife present.

sara8150

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 19, 2021, 07:42:15 AM
I cna't see why she would not be, unless they decide to confine it to the Spencer side of the family.  Kate is Will's wife and while the children are a bit small for the event, I can't see any real reason why she would not attend.   If Harry can't come, its going to be a bit lonely if Will hasn't got his wife present.

Duchess of Cambridge will be there and wills and Harry will separate at Diana?s statue but Meghan stay home with kids

wannable

I think it would be very awkward, and at large uncomfortable for Meghan to participate. Although the article is the opinion of a RR, I agree in this instance, after throwing under the bus the BRF (and the Queen is the head), I wouldn't attend (neither the jubilee next year. Like @FanDianaFancy make it make sense???!!!)

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 19, 2021, 07:42:15 AM

^ ^^ I have also read that Kate will be attending as the wife of William, nothing more nothing less, IOW she will not have any other status (i.e. making a speech) in the event.  I also read that an SOS will be to include QEII IF Harry didn't show up.

Amabel2

What? The queen is not going to attend.
I dont know if harry will but its possible he may just zoom because of the problems of travelling... but I cant see any reason why Kate would not be there iwth her husband...  She iddn't know Diana but she has married her son and wears Di's ring...and is the mother of 3 of her grandchildren.

sara8150

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 19, 2021, 06:06:24 PM
I dont know if harry will but its possible he may just zoom because of the problems of travelling... but I cant see any reason why Kate would not be there iwth her husband...  She iddn't know Diana but she has married her son and wears Di's ring...and is the mother of 3 of her grandchildren.

Yes Kate is married to wills since 2011 but she will be there at Diana?s statue you will find out

Amabel2

We dont know for certain.  It may be that its just William and Harry and the Spencer family but I think that she will be there also....

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 19, 2021, 06:06:24 PM

I don?t believe that Meghan will be there due to travelling with a very new baby. However, what goes for Kate also goes for Meghan. She didn?t know Diana, but she married her son, she is the mother of two of her grandchildren, and has a ring owned by Diana. She is as much a daughter in law as Kate is.  In spite of the ridiculous Express William has not banned Meghan from attending the ceremony, he has no power to.

I expect Harry to spend Father?s Day in California with his family (his first as the father of two children) and then fly over in a few days. I believe he?s been vaccinated since his last visit, probably with a two in one shot.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on June 19, 2021, 11:00:51 PM
I don?t believe that Meghan will be there due to travelling with a very new baby. However, what goes for Kate also goes for Meghan. She didn?t know Diana, but she married her son, she is the mother of two of her grandchildren, and has a ring owned by Diana. She is as much a daughter in law as Kate is.  In spite of the ridiculous Express William has not banned Meghan from attending the ceremony, he has no power to.

I expect Harry to spend Father?s Day in California with his family (his first as the father of two children) and then fly over in a few days. I believe he?s been vaccinated since his last visit, probably with a two in one shot.
I doubt she would want to subject her newborn to all the germs and pathogens in recycled airplane air and everyone would (or should) understand, and in my honest opinion she should not take such a huge journey and leave her baby behind.  It is a different story for Catherine, who should be there IMO.

wannable

wannable

Key quotes of Harry's London visit, Unveiling of Diana Statue

Prince Harry to stay at Frogmore Cottage with Princess Eugenie when he returns to the UK to unveil Princess Diana statue

The house has been split into two so the Duke of Sussex can stick to isolation rules while he is there ahead of the unveiling of the Princess Diana statue.

the Grade II-listed home has now been divided into two separate self-contained cottages.

The Duke will have to isolate there for at least five days before testing negative for Covid for the statue unveiling on July 1.

Curryong

I don?t know what the tabloids mean by ?two self-contained cottages?. It was reported at the time of the FC renovations, before the Sussexes moved in, that there was going to be a self-contained annexe in the cottage for Doria (or any other guest) which probably has a bedroom with ensuite and own sitting room and kitchenette.) The nanny may have used it as well. So the splitting the cottages thing is nonsense. Plus I?ll bet Eugenie and Jack are sending a plate of food around for breakfast and dinner. I would bet they?re all vaccinated anyway.

This just proves that FC is still Harry and Meghan?s property and the Brooksbanks are renting from them. What?s more, the couple and Harry are absolutely fine about the sharing.

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on June 22, 2021, 01:45:40 AM
Prince Harry 'will stay with Princess Eugenie at Frogmore Cottage when he returns to UK' | Daily Mail Online
Duke of Sussex will stay at Eugenie?s house for Diana?s statue

No, Harry will be staying at his own house, Frogmore Cottage, which the Brooksbanks are renting from Harry and Meghan. There is no evidence whatsoever that the Sussexes or anybody else has  given FC to Eugenie and Jack.