His Royal Highness, The Duke of Edinburgh-Death and Funeral thread

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 09, 2021, 11:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on April 15, 2021, 12:17:12 AM
I don't know why the BBC (state owned) doesn't have picture viewing to accompany their stories, but they do have great videos of past history.  With a international VPN one can view from 'another country'.

The DM does, here a intersting file photo of the funeral of King George VI, 1952

TRH's Duke of Edinbourg ✝ , Duke of Gloucester, Duke of Windsor✝  , Duke of Kent

Goodness, Edward Kent looks young there. Ironic really that he is in morning dress when he served for over two decades in the army later in life though not in war zones unlike Philip. I don?t know where the receding chin he?s unfortunately had all his life comes from, though. Queen Victoria? Marina had a normal chin and his father was a very handsome man with a rugged chin.

TLLK

That top photo with a teenage Duke of Kent is always a stark reminder of his family's great loss when he was a young boy.  :(

Curryong

The photo makes me wonder about the Duke of Windsor?s thoughts as he marched along beside his relatives. His brother?s death meant his niece?s accession to the Throne, making him even more of a yesterday?s man.

TudorQueen

Odd seeing Edward so young. Almost forget he was not even 17 at the time of his Uncle's funeral (would turn 17 in October of that year).

He would graduate from Sandhurst three years later, why mourning clothes.

Though I know Philip wanted a small funeral, its still hard to picture what his funeral will be like on Saturday.

Happy his three great-nephews will be in attendance. So we now know 24 of the guests? The queen, kids (and spouses), grandkids (and spouses), Philip's private secretary and his three great-nephews. So 6 seats left. I am still certain at least one or two Mountbattens will attend.

I loved the photo of the couple with their great-grandchildren at the point. Such a wonderful photo :flower3:

I must say my favorite today has been Eugenie's tribute. Its by far the most personal tribute (outside photos). I found myself smiling and picturing the two together. Especially have the image of her burning their sausages on the grill at Balmoral and Philip rushing over trying to save their lunch from total ruin.

Curryong

Incidentally, with regard to the wearing of military uniforms in the British forces when no longer serving.

Section 4 - Army Dress Regulations - All Ranks

Officers not in Actual Military Service.

Officers in the categories listed at (a), (b) and (c) above who are not in actual military service may wear uniform on the occasions listed below:

I) Parades in connection with the official birthday of the Sovereign.

II) Royal and State Ceremonials.

III) Ceremonies in connection with Remembrance Day.

IV) Regimental functions or celebrations at a military station, with the approval of the regimental authority concerned.

V) Occasions in connection with which an announcement regarding the wearing of uniform is made by the Ministry of Defence beforehand.

vi) Other occasions, on application to the Ministry of Defence PS12(A).

https://assets.publishing.service.go...2017-03109.pdf

wannable

Quote from: TudorQueen on April 15, 2021, 04:13:25 AM
Odd seeing Edward so young. Almost forget he was not even 17 at the time of his Uncle's funeral (would turn 17 in October of that year).

He would graduate from Sandhurst three years later, why mourning clothes.

Though I know Philip wanted a small funeral, its still hard to picture what his funeral will be like on Saturday.

Happy his three great-nephews will be in attendance. So we now know 24 of the guests? The queen, kids (and spouses), grandkids (and spouses), Philip's private secretary and his three great-nephews. So 6 seats left. I am still certain at least one or two Mountbattens will attend.

I loved the photo of the couple with their great-grandchildren at the point. Such a wonderful photo :flower3:

I must say my favorite today has been Eugenie's tribute. Its by far the most personal tribute (outside photos). I found myself smiling and picturing the two together. Especially have the image of her burning their sausages on the grill at Balmoral and Philip rushing over trying to save their lunch from total ruin.

Some UK Tabloids are reporting that Fergie isn't invited to attend. I suppose we have wait till Saturday.

PrincessOfPeace

It seems very odd to me The Duke of Edinburgh, a war veteran, is having a military funeral involving all three branches of service and yet no royals are wearing uniforms. Clearly something has been done to save face.

I know plenty of people who served in the military here in Canada and they arent allowed to wear a military uniform once retired. They either wear a Legion jacket with their medals or just a regular suit   but I've never seen a former captain show up to an event in uniform after retirement. Once retired you are a civilian and civilians dont wear uniforms.

If youre an honorary air commandant or commodore in chief then yes but not just a retired soldier.

Edited to add thats my experience with people who served. Maybe Im wrong.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have viewed flowers and tributes left in the grounds of Marlborough House in central London in remembrance of Prince Philip following his passing last Friday.

Prince Charles and Camilla View Hundreds of Tributes to Prince Philip at Marlborough House - YouTube

sara8150

Charles and Camilla view Prince Philip tributes at Marlborough House | Daily Mail Online

Photo shows The Queen and Prince Philip are 'doting' great-grandparents, body language expert claims | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip made the Queen laugh with 'inappropriate' jokes at formal events, royal expert says | Daily Mail Online

Royal experts blast Prince Harry and Andrew's 'shameful tantrums' over Philip funeral uniform row | Daily Mail Online

Looking back at Prince Philip's remarkable life  | Daily Mail Online

Duke of Edinburgh funeral: Racing pigeons will be released in Windsor for Prince Philip | Daily Mail Online

Prince Charles Gets Emotional Viewing Tributes to Prince Philip | PEOPLE.com

Prince Philip Had a Twinkle in His Eye Until His Death | PEOPLE.com

Why the Queen will not wear a black veil at Prince Philip?s funeral | HELLO!
HM Queen Elizabeth II makes decisions not wear veil like HM Queen Mother in 1952 when her dad died in 1952 and Duchess of Windsor in 1972 when her uncle Duke of Windsor known former King Edward VIII died in 1972 when young HM Queen Elizabeth II wear veil mourning loss of her dad in 1952

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall visibly emotional as they view flowers left for Prince Philip | HELLO!

The Queen's great-grandchildren photos are missing this one sweet detail | HELLO!

Princess Eugenie supported by Prince William and Prince Charles following Prince Philip's death | HELLO!

Prince George and Princess Charlotte's family photo with Queen and Prince Philip makes history ? here's why | HELLO!

How long will Queen wear black after Prince Philip's death? | HELLO!

Prince Philip's royal standard decoded ? what his official flag really represents | HELLO!

Prince Philip's German family to attend funeral after self-isolating at Ascot | HELLO!

Prince Philip's funeral: The special non-royal guest who has received an invite | HELLO!

The Queen's picture with baby Princess Charlotte has royal fans saying the same thing | HELLO!

Prince Philip: Charles and Camilla visit tributes in first joint appearance since Duke of Edinburgh's death | UK News | Sky News

Royals to forgo military gear at Philip?s funeral ?to avoid embarrassing Harry? | Prince Philip | The Guardian

Prince Philip was granted wish to die at home - Duke furiously opposed dying in hospital | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry warned he will 'regret' forcing Queen's uniform ban at Prince Philip funeral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry?s heartbreaking insight on Queen and Prince Philip: 'Couldn?t do without him' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Philip looks 'just like Prince Harry' in tribute pic ?Royal Family fans taken aback | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen Elizabeth II news: Snap shared by Cambridges shows Monarch?s love for Charlotte | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles fights back tears as he visits Prince Philip floral tribute with Camilla | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal Family LIVE: Funeral not about you! Harry's 'shameful tantrum' over uniform blasted | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Anne hugs Prince Philip in picture showing rare public display of affection | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles' heartbreaking decision to break tradition with suit at Diana's funeral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Philip: Charles and Camilla view flowers left in memory of Duke of Edinburgh | ITV News

Prince Philip funeral: No Royals to wear military uniform to avoid embarrassment | ITV News

FREE 24-Page Glossy Magazine commemorating Prince Phillip's life of duty - Mirror Online

Prince Charles close to tears as he views floral tributes left for father Philip - Mirror Online

?Ring of steel? in Windsor for Philip?s funeral as public urged to stay away - Mirror Online

Three of Prince Philip's German relatives to attend funeral after isolating in Ascot - Mirror Online

Tearful Prince Charles and Camilla look at flowers and a mini Land Rover laid by mourners in honour of Philip

Full dress rehearsal for Prince Philip's funeral sees squaddies and armed cops patrol Windsor

Queen spares Prince Harry's blushes by banning military uniform for royals at Prince Philip's funeral

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14594208/prince-philip-funeral-news-harry-queen-andrew-latest-updates/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14653214/three-philip-german-family-isolating-attend-funeral/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14654617/boris-johnson-military-devon-prince-philip/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14654270/prince-philip-diana-camilla-letters/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/philip/remembering-philip-the-prince-who-spoke-out-ahead-of-his-time-158506/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/philip/prince-charles-moved-by-floral-tributes-to-prince-philip-158517/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/philip/my-favourite-prince-philip-moment-walking-princess-margaret-down-the-aisle-158497/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/features/history-of-royal-titles-the-dukedom-of-edinburgh-2-158272/
Prince Charles wouldnt taking his dad?s title but Earl of Wessex will taking his dad?s titles when Edward married to Sophie in 1999 wait till HM Queen Elizabeth II makes decisions granted 🙏🏻🤞🏻

PrincessOfPeace

Today the Prime Minister visited Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth to pay his respects to HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

He saw a naval officer passing out parade and observed a minutes silence in memory of The Duke of Edinburgh.

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1382702878872236042?s=20

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on April 15, 2021, 12:25:47 AM
Goodness, Edward Kent looks young there. Ironic really that he is in morning dress when he served for over two decades in the army later in life though not in war zones unlike Philip. I don?t know where the receding chin he?s unfortunately had all his life comes from, though. Queen Victoria? Marina had a normal chin and his father was a very handsome man with a rugged chin.
Even with that chin, there is still such a family resemblance. So many resemblances, in fact.  I suppose it is because there are so many common ancestors, but some had a very powerful genetic stamp.  Look at the POW's profile and you see George VI.  And Earl Wessex, the Duke of Kent, Prince William, all have a similar look. 

TLLK

The guest list which is at the maximum number permitted. No great grandchildren nor former or separated spouses will be attending on Saturday. The Duchesses of Gloucester and Kent as well as  Prince/Princess Michael of Kent will not be present either. However there will be room for one Mountbatten family member as well as three of the Duke's German relatives descended from three of his sisters. Of course we already know that the Duchess of Sussex who is expecting her second child will remain in California.
The full list of guests at Prince Philip?s funeral is as follows:

The Queen
The Prince of Wales
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke of Cambridge
The Duchess of Cambridge
The Duke of Sussex
The Duke of York
Princess Beatrice
Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
Princess Eugenie
Jack Brooksbank
The Earl of Wessex
The Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Windsor
Viscount Severn
The Princess Royal
Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence
Peter Phillips
Zara Phillips
Mike Tindall
Earl of Snowdon
Lady Sarah Chatto
Daniel Chatto
Duke of Gloucester
Duke of Kent
Princess Alexandra
Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden
Prince Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse
Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
The Countess Mountbatten of Burma

QuoteI'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this lengthy thread over the past seven days with facts, videos, photos, anecdotes and memories of the Duke of Edinburgh.  :thanks: Also thank you for adhering to our requests regarding the tone of the thread. It is much appreciated.

sara8150

Troops prepare for final salute | Daily Mail Online

Full details of Prince Philip's funeral are released | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip's funeral guest list in full: 30 mourners include close friend Penny Brabourne | Daily Mail Online
No former spouse will be there include Duchess of York,Autumn Philips and great-grandchildren

Penelope Romsey to attend Prince Philip's funeral | Daily Mail Online

How Philip painstakingly planned his own funeral | Daily Mail Online

DAN WOOTTON: Tragic that the Queen can't escape the fall-out from Harry and Andrew's poor choices | Daily Mail Online

Land Rover hearse that Philip designed himself is unveiled | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip Funeral: The Queen will be accompanied to St George's Chapel by a lady-in-waiting | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip's funeral: Sarah Chatto and the Earl of Snowdon are BOTH invited | Daily Mail Online

Prince William and Prince Harry Won't Walk Together at Philip's Funeral | PEOPLE.com
Stay topics no rifts mention please this Duke of Edinburgh?s respect or @TLLK will remove

Prince Philip Funeral Guest List: Queen Made Difficult Decisions | PEOPLE.com

Prince Philip's funeral guest list confirmed by the Queen - see which royals will attend | HELLO!

Prince Harry and Prince William to walk alongside Peter Phillips at Prince Philip's funeral procession | HELLO!

Who is Prince Philip's close friend Penelope Knatchbull, Countess Mountbatten of Burma who is attending royal funeral? | HELLO!

Prince Philip's funeral: royal guests, dress code and special details | HELLO!

Meghan Markle, Autumn Phillips, and more royals not attending Prince Philip's funeral | HELLO!

Sarah Ferguson not invited to Prince Philip's funeral - here's why | HELLO!

Prince Philip's sisters didn't attend his wedding to the Queen | HELLO!
Due Duke of Edinburgh?s sisters got married to Nazi that why

Prince Philip began planning funeral car 16 years ago - the special details he requested | HELLO!

The Queen's surprising companion to Prince Philip's funeral revealed | HELLO!
HM Queen?s ladies in waiting will with her

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56761074

Prince Philip: The 30 guests attending the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral have been announced | UK News | Sky News

Prince Philip: William and Harry to walk separately as details of Duke of Edinburgh's funeral procession revealed | UK News | Sky News

Prince Philip: Bespoke Land Rover hearse designed by Duke of Edinburgh revealed ahead of funeral | UK News | Sky News

Prince Philip funeral timeline: Full timings and schedule of Duke of Edinburgh's funeral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Peter Phillips to be stuck between rowing Prince Harry and Prince William 'Don't envy him' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kate and Prince William apart at Prince Philip's funeral after heartbreaking announcement | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince William and Harry will not walk shoulder to shoulder for Prince Philip's funeral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Philip funeral: Guests including the Queen to sit apart and to wear masks throughout Covid-restricted service | ITV News

Prince Philip: The story behind the Land Rover hearse the Duke of Edinburgh designed to carry his coffin to his funeral | ITV News

Prince Philip: Who will be attending the Duke of Edinburgh's Covid-restricted funeral? | ITV News

Prince Philip's funeral in full - guest list, running order and the Duke's 'last wish' - Mirror Online

Queen orders Prince Harry and Prince William to be separated behind Philip's coffin - Mirror Online
That good know HM Queen Elizabeth II told his two grandsons no mention on rifts please or @TLLK will remove post stay topics please

Prince Philip funeral guest list of 30 in full - including his close family from Germany - Mirror Online

Land Rover hearse Prince Philip spent 16 years designing for funeral seen for first time - Mirror Online

'Harry and Andrew squabbling about funeral fancy dress is what you expect from Kardashians' - Polly Hudson - Mirror Online

Prince Philip's 'last wish' for funeral was 'rallying cry' for family to 'come together' - Mirror Online

'Harry and Andrew squabbling about funeral fancy dress is what you expect from Kardashians' - Polly Hudson - Mirror Online

Queen will wear face mask during Philip's funeral and must sit alone in chapel - Mirror Online

'Grateful' Queen sends message to to the public ahead of Prince Philip's funeral - Mirror Online

Prince Harry and William won?t stand next to each other at Philip's funeral with Peter Phillips to separate pair

Pregnant Meghan Markle will make 'private arrangements' to mark Duke of Edinburgh's life after not being able to attend

Queen will sit alone at Prince Philip?s funeral after arriving in Bentley with Lady in Waiting to National Anthem

Queen 'touched' by public's support since Prince Philip's death as she sends message ahead of funeral

Prince Philip?s funeral guest list revealed - The 30 people attending - and those who aren't

Prince Philip funeral plans: Duke will be laid to rest in this military green Land Rover he helped design

Inside Prince Philip?s Covid-safe funeral where Queen and royals will wear masks and sit two metres apart

Prince Philip funeral guests WON'T sing at service due to Covid - but a choir will perform
No guest funeral sing due coronavirus (Covid-19) but choir will welcome

Royal Family will NOT wear military uniforms and instead wear morning coat with medals at Duke of Edinburgh's funeral

Prince Philip?s children to lead funeral procession as guest list confirmed ? Royal Central

No Royal Family members will wear military uniforms to Prince Philip?s funeral ? Royal Central

TLLK

I found this story about Prince Phillip and the late Margaret Tebbits to be a testament to his kindness to others. Mrs. Tebbits was paralyzed when the IRA planted a bomb at the Conservative Party Conference in Brighton. She only had the use of one thumb so being invited to BP for a State Dinner was going to be difficult for her.

Blunt end: Emily's Irish accent lacks teeth - The Mail

QuotePARALYSED by the IRA Brighton bomb, Norman Tebbit?s late wife Margaret fretted about a state dinner at Buckingham Palace because of her difficulty using cutlery. ?She was even more horrified on arrival to find that she had been placed next to Prince Philip,? Lord Tebbit recalls. ?However, the minute the first course arrived he handed his cutlery to the footman and then ate the entire meal with his fingers. Of course Margaret could then do the same. Yes it was planned in advance but I probably think it was planned by him.?

A short video with the DoE's orders and awards being prepared for Saturday's funeral. The familiar UK Orders ie: the Garter, orders from Greece and Denmark (his family heritage) along with those from Commonwealth nations will be on display. However there is simply not enough room for the over sixty orders collected over the decades.

Prince Philip's Medals and Insignia to be Displayed at his Funeral - YouTube

QuotePrince Philip personally chose the insignia that will be on the altar for his funeral. The medals and decorations conferred on him by the UK and Commonwealth countries - together with his Royal Air Force wings and Field Marshal's baton, will be pre-positioned on nine cushions on the altar in St George's Chapel.

Curryong

Definitely not surprised that Penny Romsey was invited. She and Philip were extremely close, have been for many years, and she often stayed with him at Wood Farm.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 15, 2021, 12:08:24 PM
It seems very odd to me The Duke of Edinburgh, a war veteran, is having a military funeral involving all three branches of service and yet no royals are wearing uniforms. Clearly something has been done to save face.

I know plenty of people who served in the military here in Canada and they arent allowed to wear a military uniform once retired. They either wear a Legion jacket with their medals or just a regular suit   but I've never seen a former captain show up to an event in uniform after retirement. Once retired you are a civilian and civilians dont wear uniforms.

If youre an honorary air commandant or commodore in chief then yes but not just a retired soldier.

Edited to add thats my experience with people who served. Maybe Im wrong.

Those regulations that I quoted from above are current ones for British Forces officers.

Anzac Day is our national day to honour our Diggers at Gallipoli and elsewhere. The Day includes a March and ceremonies at Memorials to dead Diggers. I?ve been to plenty of them. Most ex WW2 servicemen are dead now but at ones I?ve attended since 1970 many WW1 vets who were in the Light Horse in that War, winning fame for their exploits, wore their old LightHorsemen uniforms in the March.

Also hats and berets are often worn here by ex Viet vets as well. I?ve never seen serving Generals object to it and several of our GGs have served in the military and haven?t objected either.

sara8150

Queen orders Harry and William to walk apart behind Prince Philip's coffin | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip Funeral: The Queen will be accompanied to St George's Chapel by a lady-in-waiting | Daily Mail Online

How Philip painstakingly planned his own funeral | Daily Mail Online

Stirring bugle call will be heard at Prince Philip's funeral... at his personal request  | Daily Mail Online

Zara Tindall's baby pictured for first time in official portrait | HELLO!

Prince Philip: William and Harry to walk apart as Queen sits alone at funeral | Prince Philip | The Guardian

Prince Philip funeral guest list of 30 in full - including his close family from Germany - Mirror Online

Secrets of royal funerals - from unusual objects in coffins to a chilling omen - Mirror Online

All the things Prince Philip chose personally for his funeral - from the music to his Land Rover - Mirror Online

The grieving Queen will pause to gaze on Prince Philip?s coffin as it is lowered to its final resting place

Prince Philip's full funeral details revealed ? from timings to who will be there

Queen is supported by trusted 'gang of four' women who will rally around her after Prince Philip's death

Royal Family pay tribute to Prince Philip with touching photos showcasing his love of sport - including RAF pilot days

Royal Family reveals guest list for Prince Philip's funeral - CBS News

Princes William, Harry will both walk in Prince Philip funeral procession | GMA

Princes William, Harry reportedly speak as royal family gathers to mourn Prince Philip | GMA

Prince Phillip?s funeral will have 30 attendees, who are they?

William and Harry will walk behind Prince Philip's casket at funeral

Prince Philip's funeral will be different due to COVID-19 - TODAY

Prince Philip designed the Land Rover that will carry his coffin

PrincessOfPeace

A public online book of condolence is available on our website.

You can share your memories of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, and offer your prayers to the Royal Family.

Remembering HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh | The Church of England

sara8150

Prince Philip's funeral: Queen is 'bearing up well' as she oversees final preparations | Daily Mail Online

Thrifty Duke of Edinburgh wore the same shoes from his 1947 marriage to The Queen for 74 YEARS | Daily Mail Online

Who will walk where in Prince Philip's funeral procession? | Daily Mail Online

GYLES BRANDRETH reveals what Prince Philip said as he tried to explain his impatience with Charles | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip's funeral guest list in full: 30 mourners include close friend Penny Brabourne | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip's funeral: Lady Louise Windsor, 17, and James, Viscount Severn will accompany Sophie | Daily Mail Online
Will accompany with her parents Countess of Wessex who under 18 years old but Louise will be 18 this November

Prince Philip's Letter to Richard Nixon Resurfaces | PEOPLE.com

The REAL reason Prince Harry and Prince William won't walk side by side at Prince Philip's funeral | HELLO!

Kate Middleton's son Prince Louis stars in first official portrait with the Queen and Prince Philip | HELLO!

Charles Spencer shares emotional memory from royal funeral ahead of Prince Philip's service | HELLO!

Touching reason why Prince Philip's final resting place won't be same location as where he's buried on Saturday | HELLO!
Same King George VI buried in 1952 and HM Queen Mother buried in 2002 respectively and last Princess Margaret?s ashes there at Windsor Castle not Frogmore buried same Duke of Windsor buried in 1972 and Duchess of Windsor buried in 1986 respectively

Kate Middleton attending Prince Philip's funeral will be her toughest experience in 10 years as a royal | HELLO!

Emotional Sophie Wessex and daughter Lady Louise Windsor view floral tributes one day before Prince Philip's funeral | HELLO!

The REAL reason Prince Harry and Prince William won't walk side by side at Prince Philip's funeral | HELLO!

Lady Louise Windsor spotted carriage driving in Windsor as she continues Prince Philip's beloved sport - pictures | HELLO!

How to watch the Duke of Edinburgh?s funeral on Saturday ? Royal Central

Remembering Philip: The Prince at Tokyo Bay ? Royal Central

My favourite Prince Philip moment: Royal Family documentary ? Royal Central

How to watch Prince Philip's funeral - CBS News

Queen?s former press secretary: Philip was ?Prince Charming for all of us?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56769860

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56771164

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56765468

Prince Philip: Prince Edward and Sophie read tributes left with thousands of flowers at Windsor ahead of Duke of Edinburgh's funeral | UK News | Sky

Prince Philip: What will happen and when at the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral | UK News | Sky News

Prince Philip: Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex look through tributes ahead of duke's funeral | UK News | Sky News

Prince Philip: Duke of Edinburgh's apology to Richard Nixon for 'lame' dinner toast revealed in never-before-seen letter | US News | Sky News

Prince Philip: William and Harry will not walk side by side as details of Duke of Edinburgh's funeral procession revealed | UK News | Sky News

Prince Philip funeral: all eyes on William and Harry and the Queen | Prince Philip | The Guardian

Sophie leads Wessex family to see Philip tributes as Lady Louise given more responsibility | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen heartbreak as monarch to celebrate birthday just days after burying beloved Philip | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Philip funeral on TV: How to watch as royals confirm televised event | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry may be excluded from personal Royal Family gathering after Philip's funeral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Penelope Knatchbull grew close to royals after tragic loss of daughter and husband | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Philip: Final funeral preparations underway but royal chapel will not be the Duke's final resting place | ITV News

Prince George, Meghan Markle and Fergie - Key royals forced to miss Philip's funeral - Mirror Online

Prince Edward and Sophie 'touched' by Philip tributes including kids' 'sweet' letters - Mirror Online

Secrets of royal funerals - from unusual objects in coffins to a chilling omen - Mirror Online

Heathrow to suspend all flights during start of Prince Philip's funeral - Mirror Online

Queen will have 'profound chance to say goodbye' at Philip's funeral, says Archbishop - Mirror Online

Queen 'bearing up well' as she prepares to say goodbye to Philip at funeral - Mirror Online

Prince Harry?s reunion with the Queen will be ?deeply emotional due to less time' - Mirror Online

Queen to pause before funeral for final 'moment of reflection' alone with Philip - Mirror Online

Why Queen picked Peter Phillips to separate William and Harry at Prince Philip's funeral - Mirror Online

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/duke-edinburghs-friend-recalls-explosive-23923830

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/prince-philip-would-cause-chaos-23924322

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry-williams-cousin-act-23924142

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14670966/queen-seen-first-time-prince-philip-death/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14667832/prince-edward-sophie-tributes-philip-windsor/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14661704/prince-harry-andrews-shameful-tantrums/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14668353/queen-prince-philip-funeral-final-preparations/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14666877/meghan-markle-bond-eugenie-peacekeeper-harry-william/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14663948/queen-gaze-on-prince-philips-coffin-final-resting-place/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14669188/boris-johnson-prince-philip-funeral-tv-chequers/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14660316/prince-philip-mum-princess-alice-saved-jewish-family/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14666392/prince-william-harry-apart-funeral-deep-rift/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14667259/prince-philip-funeral-land-rover-coffin-latest-updates/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14624143/prince-philip-funeral-land-rover-saturday/

PrincessOfPeace

The Earl and Countess of Wessex have viewed tributes left by the public and national leaders in memory of the Duke of Edinburgh.

Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, were joined by their daughter Lady Louise Windsor to look at flowers and wreaths outside St George's Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle on Friday afternoon.

Prince Edward, Sophie and Lady Louise Windsor View Tributes for Prince Philip - YouTube

TLLK

@PrincessOfPeace - I especially enjoyed seeing the official tributes from the Canadian and New Zealand Governments as well as PM Johnson's wreath. A very impressive display to remember the longest serving consort.

Macrobug67

Thanks @sara8150

I particularly liked this one Thrifty Duke of Edinburgh wore the same shoes from his 1947 marriage to The Queen for 74 YEARS | Daily Mail Online

Reminds me of a passage from Samual Vimes, a character in Sir Terry Pratchetts Discwold novels, on economic injustice.

QuoteThe reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on April 15, 2021, 10:43:00 PM
Definitely not surprised that Penny Romsey was invited. She and Philip were extremely close, have been for many years, and she often stayed with him at Wood Farm.
Yes, and she is from the Mountbatten side of the family, which is significant.  They must have spent a lot of time deliberating on some of the 30 seats.  I wonder what would have happened if the Duchess of Sussex had come.