The Sussexes and Family General chat

Started by sara8150, May 06, 2020, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

I guess that decades? old re-runs are as much a feature of US TV as they are here. I sometimes watch a show called Tipping Point and the longtime 40 year old host occasionally goes back to being 27! Meghan was only in her mid twenties then and apparently loathed the job on Deal or no Deal. But a gig?s a gig I suppose in that business.

TLLK

Those streaming services have so many old programs, ncluding game shows. She was on the show in 2006 so that was 15 years ago now. I turned it off just before the Christmas 🎄  special.

Curryong

I guess that the new TV movie about the Sussexes, Escaping The Palace, (which I doubt I?ll bother to watch) will probably be bobbing up on TV in another ten years or so. As far as old shows go, occasionally you get a pearl. I do sometimes watch old series made from works by Dickens or Austen etc, or about the US Civil War as well as a few b+w films when I?m in the mood. Many royal documentaries can be found on YouTube anyway.

wannable

TLLK

Will Meghan and Harry Take Snoop Dogg Up on His Thanksgiving Invitation? | Vanity Fair

QuoteIn 2010, Prince Harry was in the middle of planning a bachelor party for his older brother, Prince William, when the Mirror reported that Harry had invited Snoop Dogg to perform at a ?low-key but fun? party featuring ?mini-burgers, fish and chips.? He was unable to attend, but soon thereafter the rapper staged his own royal party in the music video for the 2011 song ?Wet,? where the Cataracts, a producing duo, played the role of the princes. (In a tweet at the time, he said he hoped it would be the soundtrack for the ?stag-do.?)

It seems that interaction might have actually sparked a friendship. ?Harry and William are my boys,? Snoop Dogg told the Mirror this week. ?As soon as I knew they were fans I reached out to them, and we?ve been cool ever since. I look out for them and they can reach out to me whenever they want they know that. I look out for them, and they can reach out to me whenever they want.?

He also praised Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, for the bravery behind their royal exit. ?​​I said Prince Harry had big balls when he didn?t invite [Donald] Trump to his wedding,? the rapper said, referencing a 2018 interview where he discussed their guest list. ?And now, for real, I say he?s got an even bigger set of balls. Him and Meghan are living their lives like they want and that can?t be an easy thing with the whole world judging them. They got to live life their way ?they get a lot of respect from me for that.?

Snoop also invited the pair, who live outside of Los Angeles, to his home for Thanksgiving. ?If they want to come over for Thanksgiving dinner they are in for something special. They can come over to Snoop?s crib,? he said.
:happy: :tg3:

At least Snoop has learned how to peel a potato since appearing with Martha Stewart in 2008.

Snoop makes Mashed Potatoes | Snoop Dogg | Martha Stewart - YouTube

Curryong

If Harry and his family turned out to have had Thanksgiving with Snoop Dogg, complete with photos, then I will be having dinner with the Governor General of Australia this year. You heard it here first!

TLLK

Curryong

Yes, I will be sure to post those at the event itself.

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

The Sussexes were seen in March leaving the property in a black Range Rover with Meghan in the passenger seat and her mother Doria Ragland in the back.

DailyMail.com last week revealed the couple flew home from NYC in a private jet owned by Guthy-Renker.

More: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visited estate of beauty mogul Bill Guthy multiple times this year

Curryong

So what if they visited the estate on several occasions. The couple know plenty of incredibly wealthy people. They were pictured driving away from the estate once in March. It?s now early October. Trust the Fail to put the worst possible connotations on everything. And Meghan?s signed nothing with/for his company yet. So wait and see.

wannable

Today in History:

Gerts Royal

2 years ago, Prince Harry?s last official engagement of 2019, before the Sussexes departed for Canada.

We were told at the time the couple were beginning their Christmas holiday break early for some ?family time.?

wannable

Source: Sussexsquad, Archie at the chicken coop

TLLK

Aww. Super cute photo of Archie with his flock. He's a chick magnet.

wannable

I've placed the source, which is not a photographic agency, taken with a Toshiba camera (probably Harry or Meghan), because there is a very thin line right across the picture, once seen, it looks like 2 chickens 🐔 have been photoshopped or something?!

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 18, 2021, 03:18:35 PM
Today in History:

Gerts Royal

2 years ago, Prince Harry?s last official engagement of 2019, before the Sussexes departed for Canada.

We were told at the time the couple were beginning their Christmas holiday break early for some ?family time.?
I fully expected them to return to the UK as full time residents, but as we all know that wasn't the family's plan.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: wannable on November 18, 2021, 07:13:03 PM
Source: Sussexsquad, Archie at the chicken coop

I get not wanting your children to be public but what's the point of continuous shots of the back of Archie's head? Clearly I'm missing something.

Macrobug67

Curryong

Continuous? How many photos of Archie taken from behind have you seen? I can only recollect about two, not counting this one, since the Sussexes moved to LA. and he?s now two and a half.

And exactly how many full face photos have we seen of Eugenie and Jack?s August and the Tindalls? son Lucas?

TLLK

The Sussexes were  reportedly spotted returning from their Veteran's Day trip  to NY/NJ to LAX on a commercial flight.

Meghan and Harry fly commercial: Members of the royal family snuck a five-hour flight from New York to Los Angeles | 711Web

QuoteDuke and The Duchess of Sussex They were spotted flying back home in The On a business trip after a short trip to New York earlier this month.

Meghan and Harry spent three days in the Big Apple to celebrate Veterans Day and attend events in the city before returning on November 13.

A photo shared online by one of the other passengers appears to be appropriate Prince Harry Wearing a face mask, he leaves the plane after landing in Los Angeles.

It comes after the couple were accused of hypocrisy in September when they returned home from a Climate change Happened on a private plane.

The passenger wrote on social media: ?Well this might sound unreasonable and I can?t get a good picture and get it [sic] You could say this could literally be anyone? but? Prince Harry and Meghan were on our flight to Los Angeles last night!

wannable

wannable

The 1st Montecito Car Parade of Lights

Harry and Meghan donated for their neighborhood parade.

1st Annual Montecito Car Parade of Lights - Montecito

TLLK

:xmas26: That was a generous act from the couple to help with the car parade.

Curryong

It?s a lovely idea and all looks like terrific fun for locals following an horrendous year. Glad to see the Sussexes were among the first to donate.

TudorQueen

Events like this are always great. But since covid even more important. Fun and festive way to celebrate with your neighbors after a very long 18 months. Social distance and such but still together.

Great to see Meghan and Harry contribute to it. Hopefully they and the kids got out to see it.