Beatrice and Eduardo's Wedding

Started by sara8150, November 30, 2019, 04:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on January 06, 2020, 09:44:01 AM
He probably is.  but then again Bea's branch of the family have now been tainted by a scandal.  I think they have rushed into it.. He has a small child..she has seen her sister getting married a year ago....

I do agree that it was been a little rushed. Perhaps PB is keen on not making the same mistake. I think Edoardo is keen on being associated with the RF.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on January 07, 2020, 05:33:39 AM
I do agree that it was been a little rushed. Perhaps PB is keen on not making the same mistake. I think Edoardo is keen on being associated with the RF.
Probably though I woudlnt' say that marrying into the York's branch is a great career move right now.  Anyway Bea is a big girl, has been living her life for many years as a grown woman, with a boyfriend.  She's not an inexperienced young thing.. Its up to her if this marriage is a bit rushed.

Double post auto-merged: January 07, 2020, 08:27:59 AM

Quote from: TLLK on January 07, 2020, 02:21:07 AM
Absolutely because members of the BRF are able to divorce just like any other British citizen who marries in the UK.
They always were, but for someone close to the throne, it is an issue and not something that is likely to happen without a lot of care and consideration.  However Bea is well down the line.  Look At Davina Windsor who has apparenelty been divorced for a year before it was mentioned to the public...

Double post auto-merged: January 07, 2020, 08:44:42 AM

Quote from: sandy on January 07, 2020, 02:29:12 AM
It would be sad for Bea whose long time boyfriend broke up with her and then if this marriage does not work out.
yes sad for her, but it has no major implications.  And neither Bea nor Eugenie are particularly popular public figures.. they get a  bit of notice in the press - and it has not usually been all that positive..However I think that Beatrice isn't keen on public life anyway, and I gather she has a lot of European friends.. so possibly (esp if she were unfortunately to end up divorced) she might slip out of life In the UK altogether...

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on January 07, 2020, 08:26:36 AM
Probably though I woudlnt' say that marrying into the York's branch is a great career move right now.  Anyway Bea is a big girl, has been living her life for many years as a grown woman, with a boyfriend.  She's not an inexperienced young thing.. Its up to her if this marriage is a bit rushed.

I think that Edoardo is betting on that PBs position will not change regardless of the Yorks reputation. She is the monarch grandchild and that will not change. I think this is in his consideration, in my opinion anyways.

Big boys and girls who are experienced make mistakes too. That's just life. One can't be wise all of the time.

amabel

Her rank wont change.. but she is not popular as things are and with Andrew's scandal, she wil probably never be much liked or get much notice from now on. Beatrice I think is worried that her last boyfriend left her and married someone else.. now her sister's married, some of her cousins have married recently.. and she's anxious

dianab

Quote from: sandy on January 07, 2020, 02:29:12 AM
It would be sad for Bea whose long time boyfriend broke up with her and then if this marriage does not work out.
And what? it's the story of many people... i'm not going to cry a river over the love life and its chalenges of a socialite... she and her fiancee are 2 grown-ups who must (and should) knows they do with their own lives. From outside which i can to see they look happy with each other. the rest is really their bussiness since the British people isnt paying for them

i dont get this 'tragic beatrice' view... i dont see her as ophelia of shakespeare

nor she's anything like the young sheltered virgin 19 years-old Lady Diana dating Prince Charles and visiting Camilla Parker-Bowles

sandy

I don't see her as tragic. I think she was too naive. And may still be that way.

Curryong

As both bride and groom and the bride's family have such a large circle of friends I'm still thinking it will be St George's (packed to the brim) but just photos taken of some better known guests and the wedding party only. I just think it will be St George's for better privacy and for the convenience of Beatrice's grandparents as well. In the late Spring is my guess.

dianab

I dont see anything naive about her. Few years ago she was badly bashed by the press because she was just seen in holidays at Daddy's friends' yatchs. She didnt appear  affected at all as the press portrayed her lifestyle. The Daddy's gazillionaire friends hadnt good reps and she appeared dont having a care in this world.

Many many years ago - before kate and william get engaged - i read in the royal forums posters commenting on Bea threads as she and her then boyfriend never appeared to be couple come off as friends and sometimes siblings vibe! many commented thought she was with him this long because she was insecure about her looks which i think it's possible to be true. i dont believe it's impossible to her to love another man besides her ex

Maybe the photos will be released in family members insta, particularly eug and fergie

amabel

Why would she care?  She's not one of the world's wrokers.. as far as I understand.  she has not stuck to jobs or even steady charity work.. and she is well off enough to have a very comfortable lfie.  I agree Its hard to feel all that much sympathy for her thoug the press has never been knd to her or Eugenie. 

dianab

I've nothing against or in favor of hers. But i dont get this tragic, inexperienced or sheltered views. She's no different from another 30-years-old socialite out there.

jerry4

Quote from: amabel on January 07, 2020, 09:44:53 PM
Why would she care?  She's not one of the world's wrokers.. as far as I understand.  she has not stuck to jobs or even steady charity work.. and she is well off enough to have a very comfortable lfie.  I agree Its hard to feel all that much sympathy for her thoug the press has never been knd to her or Eugenie.
In fact Beatrice is well engaged in her charity.
She makes more visits and related than some working royalty, yes there was a time that I compared at the end of each year the amount of visit and fundraising events of Princess Beatrice and Eugenie with working royalty, York's did even double
But it was never interesting for the press to show this part ..;)

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on January 07, 2020, 09:35:24 PM
As both bride and groom and the bride's family have such a large circle of friends I'm still thinking it will be St George's (packed to the brim) but just photos taken of some better known guests and the wedding party only. I just think it will be St George's for better privacy and for the convenience of Beatrice's grandparents as well. In the late Spring is my guess.
I'm thinking that SGC is the likely venue. It's been the scene off many recent BRF weddings plus it's secure and easy for the bride's family. Her paternal grandparents will likely offer up WC as an afternoon reception site

LouisFerdinand

After Princess Beatrice marries Edouardo, do you think that they might live in Italy for part of each year?

sara8150

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on January 08, 2020, 12:10:52 AM
After Princess Beatrice marries Edouardo, do you think that they might live in Italy for part of each year?

I don?t know where Beatrice and Edoardo will lived till after wedding but will remain private citizens because Beatrice is granddaughter of HM monarchy and she will kept HRH must lived in england if Beatrice lived in Italy she will lose HRH like her mom the Duchess of York

sandy

Quote from: amabel on January 07, 2020, 09:44:53 PM

I think Eugenie fared better.

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on January 08, 2020, 12:35:37 AM
I don?t know where Beatrice and Edoardo will lived till after wedding but will remain private citizens because Beatrice is granddaughter of HM monarchy and she will kept HRH must lived in england if Beatrice lived in Italy she will lose HRH like her mom the Duchess of York
AFAIK that is not true.  Other royals ie Denmark's Prince Joachim and Princess Marie live outside of Denmark and this has no impact on their style and title. Princess Beatrice of York was born the grandchild of the monarch through the male line so by the Letters Patent she was styled and titled as a Princess.
Her mother married into the BRF and her style and title were connected to and equal to that of her spouse Prince Andrew. When the Yorks divorced she lost the style (HRH) and is now known as Sarah, Duchess of York. Should she remarry, she'll  just be Mrs/Ms. Sarah ______.

Curryong

Yes. Sarah lost her HRH styling simply because of her divorce from Prince Andrew. Andrew is an HRH and so are his two daughters. That styling will not be taken away no matter where they decide to live. All three could go and live in outer Patagonia and it wouldn't make any difference. The HRH would not be taken away. Look at the Duke of Windsor. He spent about thirty years of his life living in France (with a few years in the Bermudas.) He remained HRH until the day he died, and afterwards.

Princess Cassandra

So glad this announcement was made, as there has been so much conjecture and wondering about it. Now we know. We will all be gaga to see whatever pictures are available, just like when Zara Phillips got married.

amabel

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on January 08, 2020, 03:08:52 PM
So glad this announcement was made, as there has been so much conjecture and wondering about it. Now we know. We will all be gaga to see whatever pictures are available, just like when Zara Phillips got married.
Not realy.  I am glad that its not goig to be on TV -its unfair to Beatrice but it will make it clear to Andrew how badly his behaviour has affected his children and Bea wil probably have the sense to retreat into private life...

Princess Cassandra

I guess there are other priorities for the RF right now, so we will have to wait longer for details like date and place.

amabel

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on January 10, 2020, 04:29:03 AM
I guess there are other priorities for the RF right now, so we will have to wait longer for details like date and place.
Honestly I don't care.  As you say the RF has other stuff now like quietly shoving Andrew into full retirement and sorting out the Sussexes.  and I think it would be best if they had a quiet liltte wedding with just  a few guests and announced it later

sandy

Andrew Is a priority and impacting the wedding plans as one of the ramifications.