Princess Beatrice, Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi and Family General Chat

Started by wannable, March 12, 2019, 08:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry4

Sarah goes to the races for many years, sometimes with her daughters, and often alone.
I do not think she should deprive herself why Bea's dating is new. (Even though Sarah is the godmother of Edo's brother, I believe they are well acquainted)
Someone commented that before dating Andrew one of her boyfriends was linked to F1 she probably likes to enjoy the races.

Sorry, my english

Curryong

jerry4, your English is fine! Yes, I think Sarah does enjoy these races. Before Andrew Sarah lived with the racing car driver Paddy McNally in Switzerland for a while. It was said she wanted to marry Paddy but he'd been burned by his first marriage which had ended badly, and so he refused. He was connected with the sport for many years.

jerry4

Quote from: Curryong on April 02, 2019, 12:38:59 AM
jerry4, your English is fine! Yes, I think Sarah does enjoy these races. Before Andrew Sarah lived with the racing car driver Paddy McNally in Switzerland for a while. It was said she wanted to marry Paddy but he'd been burned by his first marriage which had ended badly, and so he refused. He was connected with the sport for many years.

Oh thanks!! I'm kind of afraid to comment and something does not go so well.

That was it, just did not know in so many details.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on April 01, 2019, 11:20:41 PM
Bea and Eduardo and Sarah were with Andrew in Bahrain where he had a couple of engagements to perform. They were all seen together enjoying themselves, and apparently Fergie has been doing her usual thing of joining the couple on restaurant/club dates, according to what I've read. I don't think that is very tactful really, if true. This is a very new romance.

Royal news: Princess Beatrice and beau spotted on family trip at Bahrain grand prix | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Thank you! This is very interesting.

@jerry4   :welcome:  Your English is fine. The more you post the better.  :thumbsup:

jerry4

Quote from: Blue Clover on April 02, 2019, 03:14:05 AM
Thank you! This is very interesting.

@jerry4   :welcome:  Your English is fine. The more you post the better.  :thumbsup:

Thank's  :flower:

Curryong

Re the hit piece on Meghan by David Jenkins in Tatler, interesting that Tatler's editor in chief went to school with Kate and even went on holiday with her a couple of times...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TudorChick1501/status/1112884783766491136?s=19

royalanthropologist

Quote from: jerry4 on April 02, 2019, 02:44:49 AM
Oh thanks!! I'm kind of afraid to comment and something does not go so well.
Do not be afraid to express yourself in any way you can @jerry4. Your comments are easy to understand. I am sure that many of us would not have a clue if we had to comment in an unfamiliar language. You are doing just fine.  :thumbsup: :nod:

Double post auto-merged: April 02, 2019, 06:02:04 AM

"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on April 02, 2019, 04:25:50 AM
Re the hit piece on Meghan by David Jenkins in Tatler, interesting that Tatler's editor in chief went to school with Kate and even went on holiday with her a couple of times...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TudorChick1501/status/1112884783766491136?s=19

Not sure what this has to do with Bea and Edo.

But yes, Richard Dennen studied at University of St. Andrews with William and Kate.

He is part of W&K ''St. Andrews Crew''

Guest of the wedding, here are the people of the Uni that went to the 3 events (Church, party 1 and party 2)
Alice Warrender, daughter of artist Jonathan Warrender. She is a clothes designer friend of Kate?s.
Annabel Glynne-Percy, and husband Logie Fitzwilliams, the director at Harrow Development Trust.
Fergus Boyd,  Etonian and cricket club organiser and financier, and his wife Sandrine Janet, one of Kate?s best friends.
Sally Robertson, who was in the year above Kate and played netball with her.
Mark Hayhurst, William?s pal from Sandhurst who studied geography with the Prince, and his fiancee Liz Sebag-Montefiore, who studied History of Art with Kate. Liz is a cousin of Simon Sebag-Montefiore.
Henry Lowson,  a friend of William.
Jules Knight, a contemporary who now performs in a band called Blake.
Laura Anne Barstow, associate director at Henderson Global Investors.
Olivia Bleasdale,  works for Taylor Bennett, a corporate communications company.
Ollie Baker,  who works for Barclays Capital, and wife Melissa Nicholson, one of Kate?s best friends.
Katherine Munsey, 30, fellow resident of Hope Street who founded the Lumsden Club at St Andrews with Kate.
Emilia d?Erlanger,  interior designer for d?Erlanger and Sloan. She recently married William?s friend David Jardine Patterson.
Lady Virginia Fraser,  daughter of Lord Strathalmond.
Bryony Daniels,  hat maker who studied geography with William.
Leonora Gummer, daughter of former Tory MP John Gummer.
Ally Coutts-Wood, director of sales and marketing for Lansdowne, and his American fiancee Chelsea Rose, 28.
Graham Booth, who played rugby with William.
Richard Dennen, features editor of Tatler and close friend of the couple.
Charlie Nelson,  who lived in the same halls of residence, St Salvator?s, as the couple.

Richard in 2011 was working for Tatler, he has grown in the position, the above are now the Kensington Crew
Londoner's Diary: Tatler's new editor and the Kate connection | London Evening Standard

Richard is also a great-grandson of Field Marshal Earl Haig of Bemersyde, source: aristocratic peerage.

TLLK

I recognize a few of the Cambridge chidren's Godparents on that list.

wannable

The couple have godparents from the St. Andrews Crew, The Royal Set, The Middleton Family (2 cousins are godparents), The Glosse Posse, The Eton Pals, The Boujis Buddies, Ex KP Aides...oops ETA: The Marlborough Set too.  :wink:

For every child, 1 of each of their ''group'' list, between them all they have quite a large crew of people that will ''grow old'' with them and are loyal (it's like the Queen and Phillip who grew with their posse); 33 of them are titled and 22 Etonians (all first honours and working) The monarchy will be in safe hands.  :D

Curryong

Prince Philip didn't grow up or become friends with enormous numbers of English aristos at all in his youthful days, posse or not, apart from his relatives and extended family. Most of his friends as a young married man were bohemian or from naval circles, and included actors, musicians and photographers.

And people who have titles and go to the same public schools are no better than anyone else. In fact, it can produce stultification in which no new blood ever comes in.

wannable

The loyalty brand titled or not is the card for the monarchy's survival.

dianab

Quote from: jerry4 on April 02, 2019, 12:30:40 AM
Sarah goes to the races for many years, sometimes with her daughters, and often alone.
I do not think she should deprive herself why Bea's dating is new. (Even though Sarah is the godmother of Edo's brother, I believe they are well acquainted)
Someone commented that before dating Andrew one of her boyfriends was linked to F1 she probably likes to enjoy the races.

Sorry, my english
Nothing wrong with Sarah hanging out with her daughter and her boyfriend. Behavior of many families out there.

jerry4

Quote from: royalanthropologist on April 02, 2019, 06:00:36 AM
Do not be afraid to express yourself in any way you can @jerry4. Your comments are easy to understand. I am sure that many of us would not have a clue if we had to comment in an unfamiliar language. You are doing just fine.  :thumbsup: :nod:

Double post auto-merged: April 02, 2019, 06:02:04 AM

Thank you so much, I felt super welcome. :blowkiss:
I really like Eugenie and Beatrice, and I really like the way most of them treat them.

wannable

Princess Cassandra

All I can say is that I wish Princess Beatrice much happiness.  Having a romance for ten years and then a split up in the public eye must have been agonizing for her.  I would hate to see her hurt again, as most of us do.

wannable

If they end up marrying, I'd love to see Bea, as the eldest daughter, wearing her mum's personal tiara.  (i.e. I understand Lady Gabriela will be wearing her mum's tiara next month)

Curryong

IMO the York tiara is probably long gone. I believe Fergie probably sold it privately on one of those occasions in the past when she was really deeply in debt.

wannable

I believe the latest report (2018) said the York family still have the gifted wedding tiara/necklace/earrings and her engagement ring, all work GBP 600,000, hence I think their eldest daughter, Bea will have the honours.  It's the right thing to do.

I doubt Andrew would have allowed those heirlooms to be sold, someone always saves her from her economic woes.

Or a 'Chinese whisperer' even if sold privately would have spoken.

sandy

The Queen probably would have those under lock and key lest Fergie try to sell them.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 04, 2019, 06:37:13 PM
The Queen probably would have those under lock and key lest Fergie try to sell them.
a bit difficult if she has given them to Sarah as presents

wannable

Quite those are the personal heirlooms of the York family. Andrew must have a vault at their Windsor home.

oak_and_cedar

PB is wasting her time with this guy, in my opinion. If a relationship ends after ten years it's better to take some time "off" and focus on yourself. In my opinion he's a another one that's ingratiating himself based on having been a family friend. He seems like a loser, in my opinion.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 04, 2019, 06:39:27 PM
a bit difficult if she has given them to Sarah as presents

So you honestly think HM would be pleased seeing Sarah auctioning one of her gifts?!

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2019, 03:22:48 PM
So you honestly think HM would be pleased seeing Sarah auctioning one of her gifts?!
what do you mean?  I said IF she gave them to Sarah as gifts then they are Sarah's and she can do what she likes with them.  You can't give gifts to people and then set conditions on what they do with them