Kate: Early Years and other patronages related to families & children

Started by cinrit, February 18, 2015, 12:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on January 31, 2023, 09:43:21 AM
First of all, Catherine still have small children at home to care for as both she and William are hands on and not relying on nannies 24/7.  Catherine is just who and what she is....Catherine, wife of William and mother of 3 small children and so many dislike her for that it seems like..some in the royal family should of learned from HM on how to be a loyal royal member of the family.  The negativity  of Catherine is very apparent.

Kate hasn?t been the mother of three small children since 2011 when she married. However each year since 2011 have shown very small numbers for her engagements. Sophie had two young children at home for years, but her numbers were still better than Kate?s.

What is more there are millions of women throughout the world who have three or four children, hold down a fulltime job and still do volunteering in their communities as well. I did that myself for years. So that?s no excuse. Let?s see if her numbers next year get anywhere those of her 72 year old aunt by marriage, and her father in law in his mid 70s.

PrincessOfPeace

This isn't the thread to be discussing engagement numbers of the BRF.

Let's keep the keep the focus on Early years.

PrincessOfPeace

The Princess of Wales has arrived at Kirkgate Market in Leeds for the launch of her #ShapingUs campaign. She is meeting vendors and members of the public to discuss early childhood. -

https://twitter.com/LizzieITV/status/1620394227430563840?s=20&t=lyFm6eKi0pA1d2_LEHMZkg

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 31, 2023, 11:44:18 AM
This isn't the thread to be discussing engagement numbers of the BRF.

Let's keep the keep the focus on Early years.

Remarks related to the Princess of Wales' annual engagements have been moved. Further off topic comments will be removed. Please heed the moderator comment from @PrincessOfPeace
If members wish to discuss the number of engagements that each member of the BRF makes, please continue the discussion in the thread linked below.
The annual royal tallies 2019 to the present

TLLK

Ignore the headline and the review of Catherine's clothing.   :notamused: IMO this are the important parts of the article and this is why the engagement is taking place in the city of Leeds. ( Geography note for those of outside the UK, Leeds is in north Yorkshire.)

As those of us who have worked or continue to work in Social Services, Healthcare, and Education there will always be the issue of funding and the difficult decision as to where public money must be allocated. it's also difficult to stay optimistic when you have years/decades of experience in these fields when you've seen the frustration and disappointment along with the happy outcomes. Particularly for those of us who chose these professions because we have an innate desire to assist people. (Trust me it's not the pay!)  :wink:  However I have to say that the investment in funding, time, and energy that the Leeds council has put into supporting their families, children and young people seems to have paid off for the better. IMHO this is what Early Years/Shaping Us is all about.

Kate Middleton is wolf-whistled on royal visit | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Princess chose to visit Leeds today as part of the city's ongoing ambition to become the best place in the UK for young people and children to grow up in.In 2012, the city launched Child Friendly Leeds with the belief that by investing in and supporting children, young people and their families, the whole city will see immediate and longer-term social and economic benefits.

Leeds City Council, working with partners to deliver enrichment programmes to improve outcomes, has seen a safe reduction in the number of youngsters being taken into care, more teenagers going into education, employment and training, and better school attendance.

Video from today in Leeds. Kate meets traders in Leeds to discuss early-years campaign - YouTube

At Leeds University. Princess of Wales Speaks to Students at Leeds University - YouTube

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on January 31, 2023, 10:45:54 AM
Kate hasn?t been the mother of three small children since 2011 when she married. However each year since 2011 have shown very small numbers for her engagements. Sophie had two young children at home for years, but her numbers were still better than Kate?s.

What is more there are millions of women throughout the world who have three or four children, hold down a fulltime job and still do volunteering in their communities as well. I did that myself for years. So that?s no excuse. Let?s see if her numbers next year get anywhere those of her 72 year old aunt by marriage, and her father in law in his mid 70s.

As of today Catherine has 3 small children at home, George, Charlotte and Louis.  Yes there are millions of women that have babies at home and work as I did the same yet I do not begrudge what Catherine has in marrying a royal prince like some do here and I make NO excuses for how Catherine raised her children while working or not.   NOBODY has a choice when being born who their parents are or even if
they will be born healthy as NOT all women can be born into a royal family or marry a royal period!
I whole heartily believe in what Catherine is working to do in this program and her visit today in Leeds proves just that.  A *wolf whistle* well Catherine is certainly a very beautiful woman who is not afraid of going out in public and doing the job she loves and it shows. I want to see and read more about this program for the children, I just hope that everyone gets on board to make it a success.

wannable

The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

A big part of #ShapingUs is talking about our early years, our experiences and what we can all do to help shape happier, healthier lives.

Watch the full video with our new
@earlychildhood
#ShapingUs Champion
@romankemp
▶️ https://youtu.be/TH1O7oGXHcw

wannable

^ The above video was taken one month ago, early January 2023 at Hertfordshire. A bit of a reference about preparation and executing.

TLLK

Here's the video of their conversation. Here's a little trivia about Roman Kemp.  If you're a later Baby Boomer/Generation Jones/or Gen X you might recognize Kemp's last name. His father Martin Kemp was the bassist for the 1980's  New Romantic band Spandau Ballet. Roman's uncle Gary Kemp was the lead guitarist and principal song writer for  the band.  Now and then you might hear "True" on the "oldies" radio.  :wink:

#ShapingUs - The Princess of Wales in conversation with Roman Kemp - YouTube

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on February 03, 2023, 01:28:58 PM
Here's the video of their conversation. Here's a little trivia about Roman Kemp.  If you're a later Baby Boomer/Generation Jones/or Gen X you might recognize Kemp's last name. His father Martin Kemp was the bassist for the 1980's  New Romantic band Spandau Ballet. Roman's uncle Gary Kemp was the lead guitarist and principal song writer for  the band.  Now and then you might hear "True" on the "oldies" radio.  :wink:

#ShapingUs - The Princess of Wales in conversation with Roman Kemp - YouTube

A little bit more trivia. Roman?s mother Shirlie was a back up dancer/singer in the Wham days and appears in a couple of the duo?s early videos. She was apparently one of the first people George Michael confided in when he began to feel he was gay while they were on location on Ibiza for a video. They remained friends and that?s probably why George was Roman?s godfather.

And, Roman has a Swiss neuro-surgeon girlfriend he?s been dating for the last couple of years. I remember reading last year that he suffers from congenital depression and was extremely upset when one of his best friends committed suicide a couple of years ago due to being depressed.

TLLK

Thank you @Curryong. I had no idea that his mother was one of the Wham dancers.

I'm so sorry that Roman has depression and undoubtedly was affected by his friends suicide.

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

The Princess of Wales hosted the inaugural meeting of new Business Taskforce for Early Childhood at International HQ of Natwest and RBS in London today: -

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

TLLK

Princess dons chic blazer as she creates business taskforce to bask her childhood campaigning  | Daily Mail Online

QuoteRun by business, for business, Kensington Palace said the business taskforce will play an 'essential role' in The Princess of Wales' work to transform the way in which society prioritises and supports children in their earliest years.

In a statement it said: 'Early childhood is vital to the health of our economy and society, now and for generations to come.

'Given the key role of the business community in both the growth of our economy and in shaping our society, as well as the clear interest in developing a strong future workforce, this is an opportunity to come together to affect long-term change.'

The Taskforce will hold its inaugural meeting today at NatWest's headquarters in the City of London, building on the recent launch of the princess' Shaping Us initiative.

The campaign has been inspired by Kate's public work in areas such as mental health, addiction , homelessness and violence and social exclusion.

She began to realise the huge impact early childhood experiences have on individuals in later life and has vowed to spend the rest of her own career working to better them through information and support for parents, educators and carers.

Amanda Berry, Chief Executive of The Royal Foundation of The Prince and Princess of Wales said: 'We all have a role to play in building a supportive and nurturing world around children and those who care for them, and it is fantastic to see business leaders placing the subject of early childhood at the heart of their organisations.

PrincessOfPeace

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales writes in today's Financial Times (@FT ) how business leaders are embracing the significance of #earlychildhood and the need to invest now, as a down payment for our collective future. -

Investing in early childhood is a down payment on all our futures | Financial Times --

The Princess of Wales in conversation with Iceland Foods' Richard Walker OBE -

Video: https://youtu.be/sJ0Ak9kY1Js

wannable

A billionaire supporter.  Kate's years of work has paid off.

Boom  :happy20:

Note: We will see the amount end of the year financial report for The Royal Foundation of the Waleses, IF it's not leaked before, like in the rumors that HE has given millions (charity tax free, he is clean, not a mafioso giving away to charity to hide something) and  both are shying away from bragging about it.

TLLK

An impressive organization which creates "baby bundles" modeled after Finland's gifts to its new mothers. Items included are Moses basket (safe sleeping space for babies), a baby bath, diapers/nappies, clothing, wipes, toiletry items. The Windsor Baby Bank was founded by two mothers in 2015.

https://thebabybank.org/what-we-do/

Curryong

Children's home run by charity Kate Middleton supports shut down over safeguarding fears - Mirror Online

Ofsted said ?serious child protection allegations were being investigated? and accused staff of not knowing how to safeguard children.

The home is operated by Action for Children, which runs 14 facilities in England and has Kate as a patron.

The charity is also backed by dozens of celebrities including broadcasters Sir Trevor McDonald, Angela Rippon and Emily Maitlis.

Ofsted?s report states: ?The inspector was aware that serious child protection allegations were being investigated by the appropriate authorities.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on May 22, 2023, 09:56:22 PM
Children's home run by charity Kate Middleton supports shut down over safeguarding fears - Mirror Online

Ofsted said ?serious child protection allegations were being investigated? and accused staff of not knowing how to safeguard children.

The home is operated by Action for Children, which runs 14 facilities in England and has Kate as a patron.

The charity is also backed by dozens of celebrities including broadcasters Sir Trevor McDonald, Angela Rippon and Emily Maitlis.

Ofsted?s report states: ?The inspector was aware that serious child protection allegations were being investigated by the appropriate authorities.

Did the article state which one of the 14 facilities was being investigated? I read through it twice but seemed to have missed it.

Hope that Ofsted's findings will bring about some much needed training for the staff at that AFC facility.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on May 22, 2023, 10:09:03 PM
Did the article state which one of the 14 facilities was being investigated? I read through it twice but seemed to have missed it.

Hope that Ofsted's findings will bring about some much needed training for the staff at that AFC facility.

I don?t think the media were able to get hold of the original report, so probably for legal reasons weren?t able to name which particular facility it is. Reading between the lines it appears to me that quarrels and physical altercations between the young residents don?t appear to have been adequately investigated, dealt with and/or reported by staff. That?s my take on it anyway. May be wrong. The place offered short-term respite care for disabled youth, among other programmes, but some of the staff don?t appear to have received adequate training.

Action for Children is an incredibly wealthy charity, supported by many wealthy celebs. Over 140 million pounds in income last year. Has it been adequately administered from the top down? Don?t know, but it was without a CEO for a couple of years+ after the previous CEO left ?for personal reasons?. Report below.

Action for Children appoints first permanent CEO in three years,a%20project%20leader%20in%20Scotland.

TLLK

@Curryong- I agree that the name of the facility could not be shared for legal reasons and to protect the identity of their clients.
I also agree that the altercations between the residents were probably the reason that there were some injuries. I expect that there's a high turnover in these types of positions.

wannable

Action for Children exists since 1860, 163 years

In the Ofsted website, there is only 1 ''residential with special needs'' that matches Ofsted yearly auditing visit provided by the Mirror Group. Autism.

ETA: Ofsted ''inspections' are free and public in the gov. uk website. The Mirror Group says the inspection of one of the fourteen was carried out  the 16th and 17th of March. The Mirror Group says it's a ''specials needs'' facility, hence my above opinion. The other 17th March visit is an Adoption center.

wannable

Majesty/Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine
The Princess of Wales's engagements in London on Thursday will highlight the importance of relationships in early childhood.

Her first stop will be at the @FoundlingMuseum. Details of the second engagement will be announced on the day. #ShapingUs