What the new Duchess doesn't like about being a member of the BRF

Started by TLLK, September 06, 2018, 01:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Meghan Markle news: Duchess revealed one thing her and Harry don?t like about being royal | Express.co.uk

QuoteShe has slotted seamlessly into a life of glamorous events, global travelling, glittering jewellery and one of the most enviable wardrobes in the world.

However, it seems there is one thing that Meghan isn?t quite liking about her new like as the Duchess of Sussex.

At the WellChild awards last night, Meghan let slip that she doesn?t like the cameras being around her.

I could understand her dislike for the constant camera clicking and flashing. <_<

QuoteIt is known that Meghan and Harry haven?t had the easiest of times when it comes to cameras and publicity.

Harry reportedly has tried to scale back public appearances in recent weeks, to try and tone down and control the media frenzy around his wife.

If this is true (consider the source) then IMO Harry has made the right choice to make Meghan's comfort and stability in her new life and role a priority. Yes she was a public figure, but never on the scale that Harry is as a member of the BRF.

Curryong

I'm sure that Harry has tried to dampen things down in recent weeks, considering the way the tabloids have played the Markle family outpourings since Tom Markle first decided to speak. However, trying to control media output can be a double edged sword for people in the public eye, as Harry's mother found to her cost. Royals can't summon up the good stories when they need them and suppress the bad like pressing the bass pedal on a Wurlitzer organ, as they sometimes could in the 1950s.

Similarly, the days of editors being summoned to the Palace and being told to control their input as happened when Diana was a newbie have long gone. Print media has been fighting to survive for some years now and have adopted the motto of the end justifying the means even more desperately. And unfortunately plenty of people read the online rags like the Fail. So I wish Harry Good Luck, as he and Meghan will need it I think!

TLLK

QuoteSimilarly, the days of editors being summoned to the Palace and being told to control their input as happened when Diana was a newbie have long gone. Print media has been fighting to survive for some years now and have adopted the motto of the end justifying the means even more desperately. And unfortunately plenty of people read the online rags like the Fail.

Yes and when a press office tries to issue a statement of complaint or concern, there is immediate backlash  like we saw with the KP complaint regarding Meghan's treatment in the media.  <_<

IMHO taking some time during the slower summer months to ensure that Meghan is comfortable in her new role, will likely be a better choice in the long run. She's in this role for the long haul, so scaling back now is likely to pay off in the long term IMO.

Blue Clover

Yes, I agree. The constant cameras would be hard to adjust to - seems really hard. No wonder some royal ladies obsess over their looks.