Sarah, Duchess of York General Chat

Started by Kritter, February 13, 2018, 09:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on August 04, 2022, 01:30:10 PM
The moneys very likely come from the earnings from  the 22 part book deal with the Australian publishers Serenity Press that has ties with UK Mills & Boons publishing house. Two romantic novels have done well; Her Heart for a Compass and Demons Land, the latter has a 5/5 rating by romantic novel lovers. She signed this deal a few months ago. 

There is a 'to each it's own' i.e. my sister loves to indulge herself with bedtime stories/romantic novelettes. She is member to book forums and they rate and discuss the who is who, who is God like, who is meh, what style of writing, etc.

Mathematically IF 1% of 7.7 Billion humans like romantic novels from 'whomever' , that represents 78Million x USD2 (I'm using the least amount for 'bin' purpose when the book already had 'peaked' at a grater price, bin prices are sought after by bookworm people, also using the least percentage of the planet population so one can see that IF one can sell anything to 78Million souls at a dollar, you make USD 78Million, reference purpose)

She's not ''idle''.

Thank you for the research @wannable. I'm guessing this is how she's been able to make the purchase. I wonder though if she plans to relocate to this property or will continue to live at Royal Lodge Windsor with Andrew?

wannable

The property is in the richest neighborhood of London, I'd say it's a great investment. Any Middle Eastern would lease it, the Grosvenors had just recently reconstructed it, brand new.  Then also it's like selling it to 'family'. The Duke of Westminster is the Godfather to Prince George, both families go waaaay back.

Fergie is divorced but not quarreling mode with the royal family. She's been living for decades with her ex husband, their children have made their own families and live in 'other' abodes rather than the Royal Lodge with Andrew and Fergie. It's not like Windsor estate is 'living too close', vast gardens separate each structure, but I am liking that both Bea and Eug are following or leading their husbands life path (personally and career wise).

Anyway, I do not know how much IS the 22 book deal.  What I do know is she isn't idle, 2 books are out in the market already when she had only signed a few months ago this year. AND 22 books is a lot of work! So she's typing her life away  :laugh:

Curryong

I doubt very very much that Fergie is a multi-millionairess, especially through writing books. 99% of authors in Britain and the rest of the world aren?t.

Who said that Fergie has been idle? Not me! However, even a few months ago she was complaining in interviews of being broke. And if she had so much money rolling in from her writing one would have thought the Yorks wouldn?t have needed to sell their Swiss chalet, which they thought would bring them high holiday rentals.

The fact that she lives with Andrew in Royal Lodge and isn?t in quarrelling mode with the RF is irrelevant. She certainly isn?t and wasn?t their favourite cup of tea. According to reports Charles isn?t too keen, she wasn?t invited to the Cambridge wedding and Prince Philip couldn?t stand her ever since her separation from Andrew. The young Duke of Grosvenor, nor the old one his father, don?t go ?way back? with Andrew or Fergie. Gerald Grosvenor was always friendly with younger members of the BRF (and that included Harry, who was lent his plane at times to get to Switzerland).

Far from being financially solvent a picture emerges from Press reports of the last twenty years at least of two people (the Yorks) who lived up to their income and more, relied on ultra wealthy friends and acquaintances to periodically bail them out of debt/financial difficulties and regularly mixed with people whose income was many times their own. Now the gravy train has ended, for Andrew at least. We will see in the future whether Fergie gets into more difficulties.

Curryong

From the DM with reference to the stalled sale of the Swiss chalet.

+9
View gallery
The Duke of Westminster (pictured), 31, is believed to have sold a ?5million Mayfair property to Sarah Ferguson

And he had been accused of acting as a fixer in Kulibayev's business deals and is a close friend of the tycoon's Nazarbayev.

Andrew is also struggling to sell his ?18m ski chalet in Verbier, Switzerland, due to an alleged ?1.6m debt to a Swiss couple.

According to reports in the Swiss media, the debt to the mystery couple is preventing the Duke of York from completing the sale of his much-loved Chalet Helora.

It has been claimed that the disgraced royal was intending to use money from the sale of the property to help finance his ?10million sex assault lawsuit settlement with accuser Virginia Giuffre.

In February of this year it was reported that Andrew had found a buyer for the chalet, after settling a separate ?6.6million debt to French socialite Isabelle de Rouvre, 74, who he purchased the property from in 2014.

But the process appears to have stalled because the chalet is 'under sequestration' as a result of the alleged debt. The chalet was frozen as an asset by Swiss authorities on December 15, 2020 according to Le Temps newspaper.

Sources close to Prince Andrew previously told MailOnline that the dispute will not prevent the property's sale, and that while the Duke 'did not deny owing the money' to the couple he was 'questioning the amount'.

Mystery as Sarah Ferguson buys ?5M Mayfair home after pleading poverty | Daily Mail Online

wannable

Sources close to the 62-year-old claim her financial status improved after she launched a writing career that secured various book deals.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 05, 2022, 02:46:26 AM
Sources close to the 62-year-old claim her financial status improved after she launched a writing career that secured various book deals.

Well, that?s certainly appeared in a couple of tabloids as the explanation for Fergie?s supposed sudden ?wealth?. Without naming any of these ?sources?.  Possibly the only authoress in England who supposedly has received millions for two non best sellers, lol!.

Let?s hope that she helps Andrew out then in his debt to a mystery Swiss couple so the chalet sale can go ahead. It?s stalled because of that debt. And uncouple from Andrew at Royal Lodge by financially supporting herself without anonymous helpful ?donors? for a change.

Curryong

French socialite who sued Yorks over Swiss chalet is left furious as Fergie buys ?5m Mayfair flats | Daily Mail Online

The above may well be the explanation for why Fergie had enough money to splash around on Mayfair mews cottages. That sort of behaviour is typical of the couple.

?A French socialite and property owner who was owed millions by the Duke of York has been left furious after discovering Sarah Ferguson bought a ?5million house in Mayfair.

Isabelle de Rouvre, 74, was owed ?6.8million from the sale of a Swiss chalet back in 2014 - but agreed to receive only half of the sum as she believed the Yorks were struggling financially.

Prince Andrew and his ex-wife bought Ms de Rouvre's chalet in Verbier for ?18million, but only paid her ?13million upfront. Ms de Rouvre sold to them directly rather than place it on the market after the royals rented it from her during the early 2010s.

The remaining ?5million were to be paid in instalments with interest, and by 2021, this had still not been paid and the family owed a total of ?6.8million.

Ms de Rouvre reportedly settled for just ?3.4million, in part because she believed both the Duke of York and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson were short of money.

But today the socialite revealed her outrage after it was revealed Fergie had bought a ?5m Mayfair property, said to be a 'long-term investment' for her daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.

Ms de Rouvre branded the news, 'incredible and unbelievable' saying she believed Fergie 'didn't have a penny'.

Today, it also emerged that the Prince's payout to sexual abuse accuser Virginia Guiffre could have been as little as ?3million.?

Blue Clover

Amabel2

Curryong

The corgis certainly appear to be lovely dogs, and it?s great that she and Andrew have a bond with them. Long may it continue, until the dogs pass on. Lovely pictures too of Fergie and the dogs.

However, I just hope that that?s it. No more heartwarming ongoing articles in Hello and other mags about these ?gifts from the Queen? and that therefore she is still in a good place within the RF. Please! Because the reality is that is no longer the case, if it ever was.

Yes, the Queen liked her and forgave her the past misdemeanours. That doesn?t mean Charles will do the same. Balmoral is now his and I?m betting those treasured annual invitations to visit will now dry up. 

Fergie remains a divorced woman, no longer a royal and with an unfortunate marriage in her past to a now disgraced Prince Andrew. That?s the truth of it and no burbling in interviews about cute corgi dogs who were her late mother in law?s pets, or her ?girlies?, who happen to be Princesses, or about how great Prince Charmless, her ex is, is going to change any of it.

Amabel2

She still lives with Andrew and is the mother of 2 daughters who are royal.  I dont know if Charles will invite her to Balmoral but Andrew is still his brother and while he will probalbly be sterner with him than the queen was, he's not going to throw him out of the family altogether.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on October 16, 2022, 09:22:48 AM
She still lives with Andrew and is the mother of 2 daughters who are royal.  I dont know if Charles will invite her to Balmoral but Andrew is still his brother and while he will probalbly be sterner with him than the queen was, he's not going to throw him out of the family altogether.

I never said that Charles would throw Andrew out of the family. Although they are not close as brothers that will never happen.

However, ever since the divorce (and I do give credit to Fergie for becoming somewhat independent in making her own living though she is absolutely hopeless with money) she has incessantly beaten the drum that she is still so close within the RF though it is obvious that she is not. Does she meet ever with King Charles? Or Camilla? I doubt it.

Fergie has scarcely met Kate or William in the past decade for example, and I doubt she has ever really met their children. Instead,  for decades there has been scarcely an interview in which she has not mentioned her royal connections (or her ex) and now the late Queen?s dogs are living in Royal Lodge no doubt they will be the subject of more burbling about how wondrous THEY are. I sometimes think that Fergie lives in an alternative universe called Planet Flakie, where things are always wonderful with unicorns and rainbows and lovie dovie relationships. Except they aren?t!

TLLK

Awww sweet photos of Sarah and the corgis.

Curryong

Sarah is heading to Aus on a speaking tour in coming months in which she states that she will be talking about intimate details of her life and her marriage to Prince Andrew. She is supposedly going to receive a sum of around 250,000 dollars Australian for it. So raking in the moolah somehow eh, Fergie!

Sarah Ferguson is heading to Australia for a tell-all speaking tour next year | Daily Mail Online

Amabel2

well what else can she do?  I doubt if she is really telling intimate details of her life with Andrew but a certain amount of talkign about ones' private life seems to be mandatory for people nowadays.

Curryong

Well, we will see. Fergie was a great admirer of the Queen, her mother in law, of Charles perhaps not so much. Her daughters are immersed in private lives, Andrew is banished from public life. Perhaps, as she has to be worth that quarter of a million, Sarah will tell some untold and not so flattering stories of life in the royal family and having to deal with the Men in Grey, as she feels she really has nothing much to lose by it. Perhaps not. It will be interesting to see which way she jumps.

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on October 23, 2022, 10:24:16 AM
Well, we will see. Fergie was a great admirer of the Queen, her mother in law, of Charles perhaps not so much. Her daughters are immersed in private lives, Andrew is banished from public life. Perhaps, as she has to be worth that quarter of a million, Sarah will tell some untold and not so flattering stories of life in the royal family and having to deal with the Men in Grey, as she feels she really has nothing much to lose by it. Perhaps not. It will be interesting to see which way she jumps.
I dont think so.  She is sharing accommodation and finances with Andrew and Im sure he would not want her to go talking freely about the RF, if only because the RF are probably helping him out financially.  I expect the queen's left him something but given Sarah's and Andrew's continual money problems, I think they can never have enough.

TLLK

If this is the case, then IMO it was a wise move on the part of the QC to strengthen the bond with Sarah and in a way with Andrew too. This is a way to "keep an eye" on Fergie who is known to be a bit of a loose cannon and likely keeps Andrew feeling a little less isolated.

Sarah, Duchess of York, welcomed back into The Royal Family fold by Queen Camilla ? Royal Central

QuoteQueen Camilla has reportedly been instrumental in welcoming back Sarah, Duchess of York, back within the family fold.

The Mail on Sunday reports that Sarah, who was married to Prince Andrew from 1986 to 1996, has found a strong ally in Queen Camilla.

A source told the Mail?s Kate Mansey: ?Camilla likes Sarah. They?re both gentry.

?They share a love of horses and Fergie will be smart enough to play the game with Camilla and realise she is the power behind the King. That she must be nice to them and support them.?

The allyship seems to have strengthened in recent months, with The King and Queen inviting Sarah to Sandringham over Christmas where she enjoyed time with The Royal Family.

The Duchess even accompanied Their Majesties on the family?s Boxing Day hunt, something that was unthinkable just a few years ago.

In the final years of Queen Elizabeth?s reign, there were signs that Sarah was being welcomed back to the family fold.

She and Prince Andrew were both invited to spend summer at Balmoral with the late Queen on a number of occasions.

Curryong

Fergie has arrived at Graceland ahead of the funeral and gave an interview about her friend Lisa Marie Presley, who will soon be interred in the memorial garden there.

https://celebrity.nine.com.au/latest/sarah-ferguson-duchess-of-york-arrives-memphis-tennessee-lisa-marie-presley-funeral/9c4f0f46-1065-454a-a11a-45b635efb9a5

TLLK

wannable

Sarah Ferguson is set to travel to NYC to promote her new romance novel 'A Most Intriguing Lady:' Duchess of York, 62, will 'talk about the Queen, Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle'
Sarah Ferguson will travel to New York City on March 6th to promote her novel
During her appearance at the 92nd St Y, Fergie will discuss Harry and Meghan

Daily Mail

^ Eugenie and Sarah have supported the Sussexes one way or another.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on February 10, 2023, 05:53:34 PM
Sarah Ferguson is set to travel to NYC to promote her new romance novel 'A Most Intriguing Lady:' Duchess of York, 62, will 'talk about the Queen, Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle'
Sarah Ferguson will travel to New York City on March 6th to promote her novel
During her appearance at the 92nd St Y, Fergie will discuss Harry and Meghan

Daily Mail

^ Eugenie and Sarah have supported the Sussexes one way or another.

Sarah has never criticised either of them. (Neither has Beatrice.)  So if the British tabloids are expecting Sarah to unload a full load of dirt on them I think they will be very disappointed.