Prince Louis General Chat

Started by sara8150, September 04, 2017, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: amabel on April 27, 2018, 02:40:00 PM
why would they pick Nicholas?

Double post auto-merged: April 27, 2018, 02:41:31 PM

all of them are royal names....

Yes they are. Royal as well as Spencer names. That's why the Windsor side has no leverage to complain if they suspect that in fact William is honouring his maternal heritage as well.

I just think that it was quite glaring when William gave his elder son the three names borne by his three eldest male cousins on his mother's side. However, what could the Windsors say? They are, as you say, also Royal names, so there could be no complaints from his father and HM.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on April 27, 2018, 05:15:34 AM
Imagine so.  I wonder if they haven't got  name sorted out because they didn't know the gender. or perhaps they want the family to see the baby before they announce the name.
I agree with @Curryong that having a list of names is one of the happier parts of waiting for the baby, but sometimes after the baby is born the original list of names might not "feel right."

Now I do agree with @Mike that the couple has a list of "approved" names for those born closer to the line of succession, so I'm not surprised at the choices for the newest Cambridge.

wannable

I like the name and I think its cool they want to honor Lord Mountbatten.

dianab

more likely they want honor the spencer family as the next Earl Spencer is named Louis.

wannable

William said yesterday their baby is to have a strong name, all the royal reporters KP sources said it is in honor of Lord Mountbatten...

Rebecca English
‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail

Pronounced Lou-ey, not Lewis.... #PrinceLouis

TLLK

It would seem that the couple found names to honor Windsors, Spencer's and Mountbattens.

wannable

I've only read from royal reporters mentioning his first name to honor Admiral of the Fleet Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten.  Also, this matches Prince William's comment yesterday of 'giving a strong name' tied to royal reporters their inside KP sources.  Who in the Spencer family has had a stronger CV than the Louis Mountbatten?

Although his third name Charles, as a royal watcher seems to be for his grandfather, and his second as the legend of King Arthur.

sandy

I don't t hink it a coincidence that two of William's children have the names of two of the children of his Uncle Charles.  I think Will would think the Spencers are "strong" because of his mother.  Mountbatten was also controversial and there were some scandals (his wife's affairs, etc).

William did not even meet Mountbatten for obvious reasons.

dianab

Quote from: sandy on April 27, 2018, 04:56:34 PM
I don't t hink it a coincidence that two of William's children have the names of two of the children of his Uncle Charles.  I think Will would think the Spencers are "strong" because of his mother.  Mountbatten was also controversial and there were some scandals (his wife's affairs, etc).

William did not even meet Mountbatten for obvious reasons.
Mountbatten famously liked little boys... interesting years later charles become close to jimmy saville. william and harry invited charles spencer to talk about diana in their documantary, a fair bet say they liked his speech and the names of his children

Obviously William has met his uncle and cousins. He and Harry are said visit Althorp to visit their mother's grave. William has never ever visited the grave of Mountbatten like Charles and Camilla did few years ago. Nor given any speech about him

Izabella

QuotePronounced Lou-ey, not Lewis.... #PrinceLouis

A very jazzy name. See that Arthur made it! 💪🏽 (Louis Armstrong, Arthur Blythe, and Charles Mingus). :lol: 🎷🎺💃🏽

TLLK

Telegraph's apparent response to the DM's article suggesting a riff between Charles and William.

What's in a name? Louis Arthur Charles is a nod to Prince of Wales and Prince Philip's murdered mentor

Quotell hail Louis Arthur Charles. After keeping the world on tenterhooks for almost five days, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced the name of their newest arrival.

And what a lovely name it is. It is also the perfect riposte to those who have, rather unkindly, suggested in recent days that there is some sort of animosity between the Duke and Prince Charles.

The grandfather-of-three has been prevented from rushing to his eldest son?s side to coo over the baby by royal duty, in Scotland, something that is soon to be remedied.

It is hard to image a more beautiful tribute to your father than naming your son after him, not just once, but twice.

Also as pointed out earlier, there are nods to the Spencers as well.  :)

Double post auto-merged: April 27, 2018, 09:41:57 PM

Quote from: Izabella on April 27, 2018, 07:35:03 PM
A very jazzy name. See that Arthur made it! 💪🏽 (Louis Armstrong, Arthur Blythe, and Charles Mingus). :lol: 🎷🎺💃🏽
Let's not forget Louis Prima!

Prima was the voice of King Louie in Walt Disney's "The Jungle Book."  The Jungle Book - I wanna be like you w/lyrics - YouTube

"

Curryong

'Royal reporters' never mentioned that the names William and Kate gave to their first son echoed the exact names of William's Spencer cousins, either. George and Alexander and Louis. Rather a strange coincidence if William meant nothing by it, IMO. I've already posted links to the other Spencer names that have cropped up. As I said before, very subtle.

LouisFerdinand

The Guardian stated: The three names are popular choices recycled by the royal family.

Curryong

Popular with whom? They are certainly names that pop up with regularity in the BRF and have been used in the Spencer family. However, I cast an eye on lists of most popular boys/girls names in the UK each year, and I have to say I don't recall Louis or Arthur looming large in the list in the last decade. Louis had a slight vogue in the later 1990s among the upper classes, and that was it.

LouisFerdinand

Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer resides at Althorp. Does Althorp have a chapel? If Althorp does have a chapel, could the christening of Prince Louis take place there?

Curryong

Yes Althorp does have a Chapel. However, Prince Louis is a Windsor not a Spencer and therefore there is absolutely no reason for this baby to be christened anywhere on the Althorp estate.

IMO Louis will probably be christened in the summer down at Sandringham, as Charlotte was. 

sara8150

We have wait and see but the Cambridges haven?t discussed about announcement of baby Louis?s christening dates yet but he weeks old till 3 month old but HM Queen will off to Balmoral for summer vacation but would says July or October between we have wait and see till announcement from Palace include Kensington Palace,Clarence House and Buckingham Palace but HM Queen and Prince Charles will be there for their new member of grandchildren?s christening but HM Queen and Prince Charles never missed George and Charlotte?s christening trust me..

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on April 29, 2018, 08:49:28 PM
We have wait and see but the Cambridges haven?t discussed about announcement of baby Louis?s christening dates yet but he weeks old till 3 month old but HM Queen will off to Balmoral for summer vacation but would says July or October between we have wait and see till announcement from Palace include Kensington Palace,Clarence House and Buckingham Palace but HM Queen and Prince Charles will be there for their new member of grandchildren?s christening but HM Queen and Prince Charles never missed George and Charlotte?s christening trust me..

No they haven't. However, christenings (in the BRF anyway) occur in babyhood. Birthday parties when the child is old enough to see who among its relations is present or not, is a somewhat different thing. The Queen missed several of her children's birthdays, and not always because of public duties either. However, she is now old and not expected really to turn up to birthday parties for her great-grandchildren.

It would be sad if George, Charlotte and Louis get to adulthood and when they think of their grandparents they remember lots of occasions when Carole (and perhaps Michael) took them to fun  excursions, played with them, turned up to celebrations, and when thinking of grandpa Charles think to themselves 'Well, he was always very busy, you know...Too busy for birthday parties, or taking us to petting zoos or on the beach. However, he was at our christening. Of course I can't remember that...'

TLLK

Free entry to Legoland Windsor if your name is Louis!

Legoland offers anyone named Louis in the UK free entry to Windsor theme park ? Royal Central

Quote?If you share the name of the new prince you get free entry to the Legoland Windsor Resort during peak seasons including May half term and the school summer holiday dates,? the announcement read.

The offer is valid from 27 April, the day Prince Louis?s name was announced, until 19 July.

Legoland also created an addition to its miniature Buckingham Palace that features Will and Kate alongside Prince George and Princess Charlotte, with Prince Louis in Kate?s arms. The Miniland section of Legoland showcases landmarks from the United Kingdom and the United States and has nearly 40 million Lego bricks.

TLLK

Prince Louis' birth has been registered.

Official document: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcG4VawWsAIwiJf.jpg

Blue Clover

Quote from: TLLK on April 25, 2018, 02:09:00 PM
I believe that during their 2010 engagement interview that Kate mentioned wanting to have three children. I believe that this will be their last one. :)

Double post auto-merged: April 25, 2018, 02:26:09 PM

Royal baby has a ?strong name? teases Prince William at ANZAC Day service ? Royal Central

"Hercules?" "Atlas?" "Arnold?"  :P

I do remember reading that, Kate said she wanted three like her own family. I believe that this will be her last baby. I don't think Prince William is really into having a huge family.

sara8150

Prince Louis' Birth Certificate Released ? and Will and Kate's Listed Occupations Are Priceless!
Prince Louis' Birth Certificate Released | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2018, 03:58:33 PM

Prince William and Kate Middleton officially register Prince Louis' birth ? see certificate
Prince William and Kate Middleton register Prince Louis' birth

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2018, 04:00:33 PM

That's handy! William signs TYPED birth certificate for HRH Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge five years after registrar received DEATH THREATS for her messy handwriting on George's
Prince William signs Prince Louis' birth certificate | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2018, 04:15:12 PM

Prince Louis Birth Certificate Released and It Features His Dad?s Signature
Prince Louis? Birth Certificate Released

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2018, 04:19:17 PM

Prince Louis' birth certificate released

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2018, 04:23:37 PM

Prince Louis' birth certificate released - ITV News

TLLK

sara8150

The Queen flies into Kensington Palace by helicopter to meet Prince Louis for the first time as she brings a hand-picked bouquet of flowers as a gift for the Duchess of Cambridge
The Queen flies into Kensington Palace to meet Prince Louis | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2018, 10:26:07 PM

Prince William, Princess Kate make Prince Louis's birth official|GMA