Prince William To Help Pro-hunt Offender

Started by abhaya, April 27, 2005, 02:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

^princess09^

QuoteWills is acutally on a cusp. He was born on June 21st which makes him a Gemini-Cancer Cusp. "The Cusp of Magic"
what do you mean "The Cusp of Magic".?
girls are for boys, boys are for girls
but as long as gays exist girls can't have all the boys

Jenee

I think that he has a right to support the causes he finds important, just like the rest of us.  
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

LoneStarlette21

QuotePersonally,I don't think you should hunt unless you are going to eat what ever you kill,or at least use the fur.I LOVE fur!
I AGREE! but about abortion that is wrong no matter what!!!!!!!!!!! and i dont think that humans are equal to people. humans are more important than animals. so if i had to choose between the death of a human and an animal then the animal would have to die. I'm sorry but my fellow man is more important to me. thats just my opinion! but no i would never wanna see an animal die for NO REASON AT ALL!

Jenee

Quoteand i dont think that humans are equal to people.
:happytears:  :happytears:  :happytears:  :happytears:  :happytears:  
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

LoneStarlette21

HAHAHAHAHAHAA TYPO TYPO! im sorry  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

CORRECTION:
I dont think animals are equal to humans.

but humans are equal to people hahahahaahahhahahaha  :lol: *snort* :lol:  

Olympia

QuoteWell, I also think its important Ab. After all hunting is so much a part of Royal and English history! ^_^
Oh yes!.  Hunting is a part of British history - just like slavery, racism, oppression of the poor, exploitation of colonial natives and the inequality of women.  Heaven forbid that the world may wish to evolve and move on from pointless displays of ego.  The fact that hunting is traditional is the most stupid argument.  In some places communism, fascism ect. are perfectly traditional.
Hunting for survival or sacrificing the life of an animal for the sake of a human is completely different to killing for fun and entertainment.
Also, shooting and eating the meat is not morally just, unless you are starving, but it is at least preferable to foxhunting where the fox is tortured by the chase and then ripped to shreds by the dogs.   :rant:
Signatures are just soooooo distracting LOL

Wombat

You have a right to your opinion Olympia...as those who don't find hunting abhorrent have a right to theirs. <_<

Although I personally would not like to hunt I know that modern day hunting techniquies are not as inhumane as some people would have us believe.

Foxes are pest animals who hunt and tear to pieces native wildlife.....which animal do you value more..one which belongs to an area proper and who's life is part of the natural balance or one that's there univited?...... :(

Pest animals affect the balance of nature and there is a need, like it or not, for humans to to keep their interference in check. <_<

Let's not get overly emotional about this issue........It's not after all us who are helping a pro-hunt friend...Its Prince William. :unsure:  

Olympia

I don't want to start an argument and I come in peace, I really do, but I just want to say one more thing.
If foxes are pests then why does it take dozens of people in fancy costumes with expensive horses and dogs to then kill just one fox so slowly?.  It would be more humane to kill the fox with sniper fire or something like that to kill it before it even knows what is happening.  
I am not against shooting (although I am too wimpy to ever do it myself) but why turn it into a status sport.  Wouldn't it be preferable for country folk to raise their children to view wildlife with reverence and respect and to treat all animals (and humans) with dignity.  Instead of killing with a thoughtless sense of entitlement, animals should be sacrificed (if need be) with gratitude and a sense of the sacred. :)  :hug:

LisaG

I kinda have to agree. A fox is still an animal and it still has feelings etc. I don't think killing something just for the sake of killing is right, but that is my opinion. If William wants to do it then he should expect people to critize him.  If he killed a deer or a rabbit to eat it then I could accept it but it makes me sad to think of killing something for sport.  :(  

Wombat

QuoteI don't want to start an argument and I come in peace, I really do, but I just want to say one more thing.
If foxes are pests then why does it take dozens of people in fancy costumes with expensive horses and dogs to then kill just one fox so slowly?.  It would be more humane to kill the fox with sniper fire or something like that to kill it before it even knows what is happening.
In Australia foxes are a pest animal they are not a wildlife species that is native to this country....They were introduced with the first settlers as a food source. They wipe out entire species of native animals.  These animals will never be seen again. I know which type of animal I prefer...an Australian native like the Wombat or Koala or a festy fox!!!...they are hunted here but not the same as in the UK.  They are shot or trapped...so what's more humane? <_<

As for people hunting them in groups...who am I to judge them...it's not like I'm perfect.  I may not personally like the idea of fox hunting as a sport..but then again some people think of boxing as a sport. <_<

Everybody has a right to their opinion....I don't like these sort of topics on this forum...it just leads to trouble........ :(  

*Eva*

^_^ LOL, being Australia I have to agree with Wombat in that foxes are pests and all that , but with the whole killing them for fun or as a sport yeah i can see how that would seem cruel as well. Either way the balance isnt too upset and having being brought up with such traditions i can see how William would view hunting such a well defined 'sport'  ^_^

Olympia

QuoteI don't want to start an argument and I come in peace, I really do, but I just want to say one more thing.
If foxes are pests then why does it take dozens of people in fancy costumes with expensive horses and dogs to then kill just one fox so slowly?.  It would be more humane to kill the fox with sniper fire or something like that to kill it before it even knows what is happening.
In Australia foxes are a pest animal they are not a wildlife species that is native to this country....They were introduced with the first settlers as a food source. They wipe out entire species of native animals.  These animals will never be seen again. I know which type of animal I prefer...an Australian native like the Wombat or Koala or a festy fox!!!...they are hunted here but not the same as in the UK.  They are shot or trapped...so what's more humane? <_<

As for people hunting them in groups...who am I to judge them...it's not like I'm perfect.  I may not personally like the idea of fox hunting as a sport..but then again some people think of boxing as a sport. <_<

Everybody has a right to their opinion....I don't like these sort of topics on this forum...it just leads to trouble........ :(
They were not introduced for food.  Along with rabbits they were introduced by an English general so that he could hold shooting house parties on his property in SA.  The same thing happened in New Zealand where farms are now over run with rabbits and the farmers have to shoot them.
This has nothing to do with the sport of fox hunting as a political issue in the UK.  

The reason that I support the ban is not because I think you shouldn't practice animal population control, but because I realise that there comes a certain point in history where humanity lets go of old, outdated pratices that are no longer appropriate in modern society.
It is not about judging people but fox hunting with horse and hound is no longer politically correct.

*Eva*

well i defintely agree that 'these sort of topics on this forum...it just leads to trouble........ ' :angel:  

Lady_In_Waiting

This not a good idea on William's behalf and I hope the Queen puts a stop to it. A future King getting involved in something like this is only going to create hassle for the Royal family and I think it's time Wills gave this up and found something else to do.

abhaya

these topics dosen't create a problem as far as i'am concerned.

i don't support hunting either.  

kerry1984

me either.
Harryite #0016

~Sophia~

QuoteNo he's a cancer. http://theinternetforum.info/royalforum/in...81&hl=astrology
Wills is acutally on a cusp. He was born on June 21st which makes him a Gemini-Cancer Cusp. "The Cusp of Magic"
Am I on a Cusp too?
I was born on July 22nd.I think I'm Cancer,but other people think I'm Leo.. :blink:  

CarmenEngland

me either.
Me either
Willite #0000   Maryite  #0004
"William forever, Harry never!"

TB

Sofa- Yes you are. PM me if you want to chat about it. ^_^

I Pirates

CarmenEngland

QuoteNo he's a cancer. http://theinternetforum.info/royalforum/in...81&hl=astrology
Wills is acutally on a cusp. He was born on June 21st which makes him a Gemini-Cancer Cusp. "The Cusp of Magic"
Am I on a Cusp too?
I was born on July 22nd.I think I'm Cancer,but other people think I'm Leo.. :blink:
Am i on a cusp too????? I'm born On July 23 I'm cancer or leo???????
I really don't know  :cry:  
Willite #0000   Maryite  #0004
"William forever, Harry never!"

TB

Yes, you are as well. :lol: You can also PM me if you want to talk about it. ^_^

I Pirates

princessintraining

I know that it's off topic but now that we're talking about it is December 17th on a cusp?

TB

:lol: Okay then. No, dec. 17th is not on a cusp. Now...back to topic? ^_^

I Pirates

WOW

QuoteI know that it's off topic but now that we're talking about it is December 17th on a cusp?
No Dec 17 is not on a cusp you are a sagittarius

I have a neat book about Astrology. Its called the Secret Language of Realationships.

Williams is born June 21st he is born during the week of Magic.  His personality stengths are he is affectionate, seductive and objective and his weaknesses are that he is selfish, demanding and isolated.

It says that Gemini-Cancers (which is what Wills is) have a tremendous capacity for love but are equally capable of withholding it. No matter how deeply in love they fall, they are masters of their emotions and can consequently be very dangerous people to be involved with. For although they can give their hearts fully, the fact that they spend their time with you is no guarantee that they have done so.

Vanity6

^ Those are cool books. They're part of a series. I've got the Secret Language of Destiny.