Main Menu

Ignoring posters

Started by amabel, December 30, 2014, 07:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to put posters on Ignore?

cinrit

Amabel, go to Forum Profile, then choose Buddies/Ignore List from the drop-down menu under Modify Profile.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Orchid

Although bear in mind that the feature will distort the context of discussions.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

snokitty

Yes it does. It is better to just have enough control over ones self to skim it and move on.   :nod:

I tried the ignore feature and the conversations were strange plus if someone else quotes the ignored person it still shows up. Now I just ignore whoever and move on.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

SophieChloe

That's what I do too @snokitty.  We can't all agree, but to ignore another member seems very odd to me. Unless they are nasty, then I can understand why some would choose to Ignore.  Hopefully the team will catch those and deal with the same. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Lucy

Quote from: cinrit on December 30, 2014, 07:32:32 PM
Amabel, go to Forum Profile, then choose Buddies/Ignore List from the drop-down menu under Modify Profile.

Cindy
:goodpost: I recall when this forum didn't have that feature and a number of people asked for it. I have found it useful when the responses are fully predictable, when you already have read a poster's view on a certain subject numerous time and they will continue to repeat it endlessly, so there's no need to read it again, so you can save time and read the new view points that might appear.  :hi:
DIANISTA # 1

snokitty

^ That pretty much means ignoring everyone on the forum and waiting for new members to arrive.  :D
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty