Harry who? Cressida Bonas puts royal split behind her, makes her acting debut

Started by Limabeany, May 30, 2014, 04:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Harry who? Cressida Bonas puts royal split behind her as she makes her acting debut at Hay's fringe festival | Mail Online

She was the dance student who gave up her theatrical career for life as a royal girlfriend but less than a month after splitting up with the second-in-line to the throne, Cressida Bonas, 25, was back on stage as she rehearsed for a part in a new play.

Prince Harry's former girlfriend was all smiles as she made her way backstage at the How The Light Gets In Festival of Philosophy and Music - a spin-off of the hugely popular Hay Festival in Haye-on-Wye.

The play, which will be directed by Lily Ashley, granddaughter of fabric tycoon Laura, is called There's A Monster In The Lake and tells the story of an elderly man who goes missing from a rehab centre.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Inge Jones

Eri

^ Well ... they are both out there doing their job which they obviously love to do I doubt they are "happy" their two years long relationship ended ...

fifiwho

So she gets her name super famous then she breaks up with harry and lands an acting job, who she most probably would not have gotten pre harry ..... Hmmm interesting

Eri

^ Says who? Everyone who dates Harry will get "super famous" it is what it is ...it is a little play in Wales and she has a little role whoever says Harry got her this has run out of things to say about the girl ....

sandy

She is a fame seeker and not the shrinking violet her PR wants the public to believe she is.

Eri

Inge Jones

^ They could all be, but it doesn't make Sandy's statement untrue.  I think the point she is making is, going onto the stage is inviting people to notice you, and possibly even become a famous celebrity one day.  This doesn't tie in with the idea of a girl who could not face being Harry's wife in case it caused her to be put in the spotlight.

Eri

^ Performing at a small Theater in Wales and dating Harry are two different things ... Cressida doesn't need to get noticed ... God knows she has enough attention as it is ...

Lothwen

But you have to admit that a lot of the attention came from her relationship with Harry.

If this is what she wants to do, then good for her, and I hope she finds happiness and contentment.  However, if she wanted to be an actress, then why study dance at University?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Eri

^ She studied Theater as well and has taken part in Plays before .

Limabeany

Only as a student. She has not taken part in plays since she left school before this one. But, has very good reviews.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Hay Festival fringe: Prince Harry's former girlfriend Cressida Bonas at world-famous book festival - Wales Online

Dancer Cressida Bonas, 25, put on an Essex twang as she took the stage for the first time to play the "big bad wolf" after splitting with long-term boyfriend Harry.

Blonde Cressida played in front of a small crowd of 50 people inside a tent-like yurt at a fringe event at the Hay Literary Festival.

She was part of a five-person drama group performing for free at the festival in the Welsh countryside - and most of the crowd were unaware who she was.

Punters at the festival were banned from taking any photographs or video the fledgeling actress's first outing on the stage.

"She seems to have quite a gift for comedy and didn't mind making a fool of herself. You could see why her and Harry might have been very well suited."

Cressida wore her hair in pigtails showed off her light singing voice through the play - before launching herself into her comic version of the Big Bad Wolf with a thick Essex accent.

She was part of the Spoken Mirror drama group performing There's a Monster in the Lake at the How the Light Gets In fringe festival at the Hay festival.

One spectator said: "Her Essex was a bit dodgy. It veered into Brummie and Aussie at times - but she was very good."

georgiana996

This is exactly why royal girlfriends do not work , when they talk about their passions its all about " me " right lmfao !!

GOOD for her  :thumbsup: I always felt their relationship was casual and he got her the fame she needed ,I'm not judging because shes doing what she wants and thats all that matters .
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

AyVey

In all seriousness if she REALLY DOESN'T"T LIKE ATTENTION and still decided to date Harry and go public with it then she is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY  REALLY STUPID and frankly speaking Windsors can't really afford anymore stupid genes given centuries long inbreeding IMO.

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

HsHCharlene

Quote from: georgiana996 on June 01, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
This is exactly why royal girlfriends do not work , when they talk about their passions its all about " me " right lmfao !!

GOOD for her  :thumbsup: I always felt their relationship was casual and he got her the fame she needed ,I'm not judging because shes doing what she wants and thats all that matters .

While I do wish her well moving forward I don't believe in using another person for personal gain, especially not a partner. They clearly were never in love and if this is what she wanted out of the match then she just slept with a man for fame. Not very different from her mother then.  :notamused:

AyVey

Hmm royal GF's do work Diana, Sarah, Sophie, Chelsy......

Only professional booty calls or socialites don't work because dating a royal is not a job.

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

DaisyMeRollin

Quote from: AyVey on June 01, 2014, 07:31:31 PM
In all seriousness if she REALLY DOESN'T"T LIKE ATTENTION and still decided to date Harry and go public with it then she is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY  REALLY STUPID and frankly speaking Windsors can't really afford anymore stupid genes given centuries long inbreeding IMO.

I have to agree with you! I just about died laughing. I really wanted to avoid saying it, but I don't think Harry has the mental capability of pulling an engineer, a molecular biologist, etc. I don't think we'll be seeing a repeat of the Felix/Claire match-up for the UK EVER, and that's kind of sad.
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

robynrose

Just wish her 15 min were up . Hope she has more talent than her older sister who tried to have a career . Bellie was lucky Sam is younger than her by 5 or 6 yrs .Gave her time to try to Have a career , he did his stuff grew up and now married . Lucky he waited because she had zip talent

AyVey

Quote from: georgiana996 on June 01, 2014, 08:16:27 PM
Lol like some one from one profession is "smarter" simply because of YOUR BIAS and  the degree ok yeah right thats critical thinking ..

What about him being in love with the girl???sometimes the stupidity is just  :no:

No you are right, I got it now. Someone who hates attention and can't handle it and that's why broke up with a guy decided to date one of the most famous prince in the world publicly, decided to be an actress, try modelling, dancing etc. It all makes sense!

IMO I don't think she hates attention. IMO she loves it and it's the attention that she craves or cherish in dancing, acting, modeling and dressing like a homeless because she thinks that's what makes her look different. IMO she loves attention and is no innocent damsel in distress like her PR is trying to convince us. 

robynrose

People marry for different reasons people are drawn together for different reasons . Have friends .cousins would never thought things would have worked out different world , etc but still together . Have friends went to uni smart as can be married boom over in 4 yrs . Who knows

DaisyMeRollin

Quote from: georgiana996 on June 01, 2014, 08:16:27 PM
Lol like some one from one profession is "smarter" simply because of YOUR BIAS and  the degree ok yeah right thats critical thinking ..

What about him being in love with the girl???sometimes the stupidity is just  :no:

[mod]we do not tolerate the belittling of members. Please choose your words more carefully next time[/mod]
Harry's A-Levels were made public record. Seriously?

I can pull up psychological studies on the correlation between partners' IQs and you can consult the stars. Different perspectives.

"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

robynrose

This whole Cress thing has really lend me to believe the girl used him in the worst way PR from the beginning go for the ring , shy hate the limelight and if it fails fame and bright lights  Never saw it happening

SophieChloe

[mod]Here we go again....some posts have been removed. May I take this opportunity to remind you all of the Guidelines : (Rules and Etiquette ) Please take a few moments to read and digest! [/mod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me