Scotland Engagement for William and Kate - Thursday, 29 May 2014

Started by angieuk, May 14, 2014, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gec

Nothing like sampling whisky to dispel pregnancy rumours! I do like this style of public engagement - formal at times, but with great involvement from the community, young people and promoting a town or region. I just hope that this is the beginning of things to come.

If Scotland votes yes in September, will William and Kate still retain their title of Earl and Countess of Strathearn?

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen will remain Head of State of an independent Scotland so I assume yes. The issue of Scotland becoming a republic isn't dealt with in September's vote.

cinrit

QuoteHas That Whisky Gone to Your Head, Kate? The Duchess of Cambridge Pulls a Funny Face for a Young Fan at Village Fete  (Videos)

She's famous for her elegant dress sense and glossy mane but the Duchess of Cambridge was happy to show off her sillier side today, pulling a funny face for the cameras - much to the delight of one young fan.

After getting a taste of a proper Scotch single malt courtesy of the Famous Grouse Distillery earlier today, the Duke and Duchess arrived in the pretty village of Forteviot in the Scottish Highlands to a rapturous reception from Saltire and Union Jack waving locals.

Whisked off to open the village fete, the royal couple were busy meeting and greeting locals, when the Duchess happened upon a young fan waving an iPad and, laughing, wrinkled her nose for the camera.

The pair were then shown around the bunting-festooned stalls at the village fete by John Dewar, Lord Forteviot, who is the scion of the Dewar whiskey dynasty, and Luisa Ramazzotti, the founder of Perthshire Open Studios and an artist in her own right.

More: Kate, The Duchess of Cambridge pulls funny face at Fonteviot village fete | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Earl and Countess of Strathearn, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's titles when in Scotland, undertook numerous engagements today in the areas of Perth and Kinross.

To begin the day, William and Kate visited Strathearn Community Campus in Crieff. When there, they met with young carers, Scotland's Air Ambulance and groups of young people from Scouts, Cadets and Brownies and unveiled a plaque to acknowledge their visit. William was shown inside the aircraft of HeliMed76 and talked through its features with The Scottish Charity Air Ambulance crew, taking an interest as a former pilot himself.
More: Earl and Countess of Strathearn undertake engagements in Perth and Kinross | Royal Central

good221

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 29, 2014, 08:43:40 PM
The Queen will remain Head of State of an independent Scotland so I assume yes. The issue of Scotland becoming a republic isn't dealt with in September's vote.

sorry to disappoint you, ones Scotland is independent no more monarch, they are free and break ties with the British and the crown they don't give a darn about!! So no more Queen in September if they win trust me Scotland will win because the voting age is  now  16yrs and lot of young Scot don't give  a darn about British crown, according to my husband  16yrs old brother and his friends Scotland ''will be free' and seeing the way everyone in  Scotland feel and passionate about independent is almost a done deal.   So the monarch families  should cash in all their Scotland freebie before September!! :orchid:

Lady Adams

Did anyone else notice that they managed to make a getaway out of these half-day of engagements? They stayed at a "5-star luxury hotel"..... without George.
Luxury Hotels Scotland - Scottish Golf & Spa Hotel - Gleneagles

Source:
QuoteThe couple, who have left Prince George with their nanny, arrived in Scotland on Wednesday and spent the night at the Gleneagles Hotel, where the Ryder Cup will be played later this year.
Prince George's Spiderman pyjamas - Telegraph

Your tax dollars at work, folks!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Curryong

The latest ICM polling shows 46 per cent 'No' to 34 per cent 'Yes' for Scottish Independence as of 15th May, with 20 per cent undecided/don't want to tell. So, even if the 'don't knows' split evenly, (most unlikely) it would still deliver a 'No' vote.

Past experience in elections has shown that older voters are more likely to turn out to vote than young people. Also, Salmond has made it clear that Scotland's independence and the monarchy are two separate issues. The future of the monarchy in Scotland is not linked to this referendum. People won't be voting on it.

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

Sky NEWS HD

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge enjoy sampling Scotland's national drink while on a visit to the couple's earldom of Strathearn.

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been drinking whisky while on a visit to Scotland – possibly scotching rumours the Duchess might be pregnant.

Kate and William sampled a 'dram' of Scotland's national drink while on a tour of the Glenturret distillery, just outside Crieff, Perthshire.

The tour was part of their visit to the Strathearn area of central Scotland.

The couple were appointed the Earl and Countess Strathearn by the Queen after they were married.
Gallery and more: Will And Kate's 'Dram' Scotches Baby Rumours

cinrit

QuoteWellwishers Turn Out to Catch a Glimpse of Prince William and Kate Middleton As They Visit Perthshire  (VIDEO)

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have enjoyed a dram as they toured Scotland's oldest working whisky distillery.

William and Kate - known as the Earl and Countess of Strathearn in Scotland - officially opened the new-look Famous Grouse Experience visitor attraction, which brings more than 100,000 people to the Glenturret distillery each year.

They were greeted by a bagpiper and crowds waving flags as they arrived at the distillery, just outside Crieff in Perthshire.

More: In pictures: Wellwishers turn out to catch a glimpse of Prince William and Kate Middleton as they visit Perthshire - Daily Record

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

William & Kate sign a label that will be put on their own bottle of whisky to be auctioned for charity

Twitter / RE_DailyMail: William & Kate sign a label ...

Limabeany

William and Kate Scotland Tour

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on May 29, 2014, 04:50:43 PM
She will be rumored to be pregnant until she finally is.  Then the tabloids will say, "See, we told you so!" :lol:

Cindy
I'm guessing that the pregnancy vibes several of us were getting had drifted north from Monaco.

SophieChloe

Quote from: Lady Adams on May 30, 2014, 03:05:20 AM
Did anyone else notice that they managed to make a getaway out of these half-day of engagements? They stayed at a "5-star luxury hotel"..... without George.

Source:
QuoteThe couple, who have left Prince George with their nanny, arrived in Scotland on Wednesday and spent the night at the Gleneagles Hotel, where the Ryder Cup will be played later this year.

Thanks, LA!  What an absolute joke those two are proving to be. 

Half a day of "work" needs to be shored up with a night away.  Costing the TP a fortune. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

good221

Quote from: Lady Adams on May 30, 2014, 03:05:20 AM

Source:

Of Course they had a night out on us sucker tax payer. William is all about the luxury, these two could  have spend the night at The Queen two estate in Scotland, Why care when they have  The tax payer ATM cover all these luxurious lifestyle in exchange for a fake smile and waves. :wellduh:

SophieChloe

PrincessOfPeace

But whether you think the money that funds the BRF is 'tax money' or not and I've had this debate on another thread for ages and I'm not picking it here but just lets say for argument sake it is,  the money given to the BRF and that includes for travel goes in one payment to the Queen.

She decides on how the money is distributed. Small detail but if you all are really so concerned about the day to day spending of the royals, you should direct your fire at the Queen.

SophieChloe

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 31, 2014, 12:01:47 AM
She decides on how the money is distributed. Small detail but if you all are really so concerned about the day to day spending of the royals, you should direct your fire at the Queen.
Are you really trying to tell us that the Queen sits down with a spreadsheet working out who gets what?

PrincessOfPeace

As the Americans say, the buck must stop somewhere. The Sovereign Grant payment made at the beginning of each year is given to the Queen. Her office and her private secretary are responsible.

SophieChloe

^ That's not what you said.

However, Kate and William are spending like sailors in a brothel.  Not good enough. 

Lady Adams

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen is spending money like a sailor in a brothel through William and Kate then. No matter how the financial office in Buckingham Palace is organised, parliament gives a single lump sum payment to cover the Queen's (BRF) official expense and this includes travel.

Its then up to the Queen or by her authorisation to spend it. William isn't paid a salary by the government. If I'm the middle manager in a company I'm not responsible for how the board of directors spends money. Its no different for William.

Lady Adams

Queen Elizabeth has  been known to turn a blind eye to outrageous spending within her family; the Queen Mum, for example, left £7m in debts when she died.

PrincessOfPeace

That was in the days of the Civil List and the Queen Mother received her own personal CL payment. I guess she wasn't careful with her money. There is no Civil List any longer , replaced by a single lump sum payment in the form of the Sovereign Grant. William doesn't get an individual or personal payment.