Scotland Engagement for William and Kate - Thursday, 29 May 2014

Started by angieuk, May 14, 2014, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteHUNDREDS of wellwishers have greeted Prince William and Kate Middleton , as the royal couple carry out engagements in an area with a special connection to them.

William and Kate, known as the Earl and Countess of Strathearn north of the border, are touring the Strathearn area in the heart of Scotland.

They began their day with a visit to Strathearn Community Campus in Crieff, where they were greeted by crowds of excited locals, including many schoolchildren, who waved Saltires and Union flags.
More: In pictures: Wellwishers turn out to catch a glimpse of Prince William and Kate Middleton as they visit Perthshire - Daily Record

Inge Jones

Quote from: Limabeany on May 29, 2014, 12:43:41 PM
The coat looks very heavy and too big on her, is it that cold?...  :blank:

It's pretty cold down in London (coat/jacket weather), and Scotland is generally quite a bit colder.

cinrit

I'm not crazy about her outfit, but I think she looks fine.  She looks exactly like what 32 is supposed to look like.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have enjoyed a dram as they toured Scotland's oldest working whisky distillery.

William and Kate - known as the Earl and Countess of Strathearn in Scotland - officially opened the new-look Famous Grouse Experience visitor attraction, which brings more than 100,000 people to the Glenturret distillery each year.

They were greeted by a bagpiper and crowds waving flags as they arrived at the distillery, just outside Crieff in Perthshire.

The couple were given a tour by general manager Stuart Cassells, taking in the "mash tun" where hot water is added to grist and the fermentable sugars are extracted, and the whisky still.

They then tried a few sips of Scotland's national drink at the whisky bar.
More: William and Kate enjoy a dram - Ellon Times

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteShe's famous for her moderate approach to drinking but that didn't stop the Duchess of Cambridge from enjoying a glass of whiskey during a visit to a Scottish distillery today.

With husband Prince William by her side, she beamed as she accepted a dram after being shown how Scotch is made during a tour of the Famous Grouse Distillery in Glenturret.

Giggling madly, she and the Duke of Cambridge were asked to pour themselves a shot of whiskey from one of the huge barrels before going on to a reception where they met local worthies.
More: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge enjoys whiskey wiith Prince William during distillery visit | Mail Online

TLLK

Looks like George received a few more toys for his collection today. Great to see the couple in Scotland and meeting with the Scouts/Guides' groups.

cinrit

QuoteCrowds Greet Prince William and Kate on Perthshire Trip  (Video)

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived on a visit to Perthshire.  William and Kate, also known as the Earl and Countess of Strathearn, started their day with a trip to the Strathearn Community Campus in Crieff.

The future king and his wife also visited the Glenturret distillery and unveiled a plaque in MacRosty Park and are to drop in on Forteviot Fete and village chapel.

It is the couple's first official visit to Scotland in over a year.

More: BBC News - Crowds greet Prince William and Kate on Perthshire trip

QuoteWilliam and Kate Brew Whiskey During Tour of Scotland

Hundreds of excited locals greeted the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their tour of the Strathearn area of Scotland - which is near St Andrews where the pair first met as students.

William and Kate, known as the Earl and Countess of Strathearn north of the border, began their day with a visit to Strathearn Community Campus in Crieff, where they met representatives of local volunteer groups.

More: William and Kate brew whisky during tour of Scotland - ITV News

Cindy

angieuk

William and Kate will be back in Scotland in early July, 2014,  for the 'Order of the Thistle' service this year, with The Queen and other members of the Royal Family - 3rd July, 2014, yet to be confirmed.

People are mentioning 2nd pregnancy, no idea why?

Lothwen

^There's a rumor in the tabloids that she's pregnant with twin girls.  Of course, they're making it up, but I'm sure they figure that someday she'll be pregnant, so they'll just keep those rumors coming.

I like the coat.  You can tell that somebody has sewn weights into the hem, as it looks a little lumpy, but I like the color and it looks comfy. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

angieuk

Same old boring shoes!  Diana's shoes were so classy!

sara8150

Prince William and Duchess Kate enjoy whisky tasting in Scotland
Prince William and Kate Middleton drink whisky in Scotland - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: May 29, 2014, 04:45:52 PM

Prince William and Duchess Kate receive gifts for Prince George in Scotland
Prince William and Kate Middleton receive gifts for Prince George in Scotland - hellomagazine.com

cinrit

She will be rumored to be pregnant until she finally is.  Then the tabloids will say, "See, we told you so!" :lol:

Cindy

HereditaryPrincess

Finally an appearance from Kate! :clap: She looks great and I love the colour of her coat. :thumbsup: I've heard that William and Kate are touring Scotland - does that mean they're going to make appearances tomorrow, or is it just for today?

Quote from: Lothwen on May 29, 2014, 03:20:12 PM
^There's a rumor in the tabloids that she's pregnant with twin girls.  Of course, they're making it up, but I'm sure they figure that someday she'll be pregnant, so they'll just keep those rumors coming.

I like the coat.  You can tell that somebody has sewn weights into the hem, as it looks a little lumpy, but I like the color and it looks comfy.

I have to say I'm getting a little tired of the pregnancy rumours. :notamused: She drank whisky today, which would mean that she isn't pregnant. I do think she will have another child, but when George is around two years old or something.

Prince William hints at new career in Air Ambulance service during a trip to Scotland | Mail Online
Video: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Perth and Kinross - Telegraph

PrincessOfPeace

SophieChloe

Quote from: cinrit on May 29, 2014, 04:50:43 PM
She will be rumored to be pregnant until she finally is.  Then the tabloids will say, "See, we told you so!" :lol:

Cindy
:D

Bit like her stepping up her workload!  :nod:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PrincessOfPeace

Martin @WindsorEditor  ยท  7h

William and Kate will be back in Scotland in early July for the Order of the Thistle service this year with The Queen and other royals.

sara8150

cinrit

TLLK

Quote from: Lothwen on May 29, 2014, 03:20:12 PM

Psst I heard identical twins!!!! :wink:

TLLK

Note to self...When typing key words "Beaver UK" don't be surprised when the advertisement for a gentlemen's club pops up first. :mad7:

Next time be sure to add the word "scout" into search engine. :blush:

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit