Laurent of Belgium has been hospitalized

Started by HereditaryPrincess, March 21, 2014, 03:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

HereditaryPrincess

Today it's Laurent and Claire's wedding anniversary. It's nice that Laurent is back home for it. :nod:

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on April 06, 2014, 12:06:12 AM
It sounds like there are family tensions. I have heard many rumours about how dysfunctional Laurent's childhood has been due to his parents extremely troubled marriage. It is not easy to recover from or heal wounds of that type. I wish him well in his recovery.
There have also been persistent rumors that Laurent wasn't Albert's son.

Lady Adams

^^ Now this is an Andrew Morton biography I'd read.  :hide:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 14, 2014, 03:51:36 AM
^^ Now this is an Andrew Morton biography I'd read.  :hide:
From what I have read, Albert and Paola each had affairs throughout the earlier years of their marriage which have led to some nasty rumors about Laurent.  Baudouin and Fabiola took it upon themselves to spend more time with Phillipe, Astrid and Laurent while their parents were busy with their own lives. Reportedly this has led to some tension between all the parties involved.  :(

Blue Clover

TLLK, I read that the King and Queen were estranged for many years during their marriage. They have only reconciled in recent years. It was an open secret that they were involved with others during their years apart. They actually wanted to divorce at one time, but were talked out of it.

TLLK

^^^ Yes and that their daughter Astrid helped with their reconciliation.

Blue Clover

Right! I guess they had feelings for each other then, even after years of separation.

Blue Clover

I am sure the recovery will try many years. I wish Prince Laurent the best!

TLLK

HOpe that he receives the support   and care that he needs.