Re: Royal Privacy and Security Throughout the Years

Started by Chiana, January 01, 2014, 06:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

He was fortunate to have his mother for so long, but it is sad when you lose your mother at any age. Hopefully Anne will have her mother for more than a few years yet.   

Blue Clover

TLLK

QuoteA source told the Sun, ?This is the type of potentially deadly security oversight that simply cannot be allowed to happen.

?Darren is a violent criminal who was jailed for the most brutal type of torture. It?s chilling as he has been boasting to friends about just how close he came to our future king and the other Cambridge children.

?His friends were shocked that he was able to get into the Palace and within touching distance of royalty given his past.?

A separate inside royal source said, ?The Duke has been informed and is obviously taking a close interest into what happened.

?He strongly believes criminals deserve a second chance once they have served their time, but is concerned current security policies might not be strong enough.
It?s very important we know who is coming into the Palace.?Security scare as convicted torturer gets within feet of Prince George ? Royal Central

Quotee Royal Family has launched a security investigation after a convicted torturer, Darren Benjamin, 40, was able to get within feet of Prince George and his two siblings, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis at Kensington Palace.

Benjamin was allowed into Kensington Palace grounds as a delivery driver delivering furniture where he came across the three Cambridge children with their nanny, Maria Teresa Borrallo in the courtyard. He later boasted about it to his friends saying that Prince George was ?pleasant.?

wannable

I read that article, and have a mixed thought about rehabilitation.  I think they should ''limit'' the rehabbed person to work for 20 plus years with no contact with the ''public'', but look at the DM comments, the best ones come with the give the guy a chance he is rehabbed. That was quite 'humane' of the commentators and their green arrows.

To further expand my thought process,  the man ended up in jail because he tortured and left the victim forever disfigured by pouring scalding hot water during the torturing...he is free man now and rehabbed/recommended to ''re enter society''.

Princess Cassandra

The legal system did not think his contact with the public should be limited, and we don't know all the details of his crime and rehabilitation. However, one NEVER knows 100% how someone who has participated in violent acts will perform in the long run. Rehabilitation is not absolute, and how could we control or limit his or her contact with the public forever? Therefore, the royals and those who have care of the young, the old, the sick, and any other vulnerable groups must consider things like this. It sounds like KP is taking it seriously, which is just what they need to do.

oak_and_cedar

Geez, Tim sure is tall. Nice photos. Being outdoors with children is always a good thing IMO.

TLLK

Princess Cassandra

wannable

Richard Palmer
‏Verified account
@RoyalReporter

Wow. I thought there was a tacit agreement not to photograph them on the school run. https://twitter.com/mirrorroyal/status/1216658556809830400 ?

The Mirror today published paparazzi pictures of Kate and the children going to school, and has since deleted it, whilst the Daily Mail kept the paparazzi pictures of Kate only.  The motive of the paparazzi pictures is to associate that Kate remained in London, whilst William is at the Sandringham meeting, having been spotted arriving to their Anmer Hall home last night.

sandy

wannable

I don't think so, the children were cropped out (DM), the Mirror altogether deleted the pictures and article about the daily school run.

Princess Cassandra

I saw the cropped pictures. She was all dressed up and must have been on her way to an engagement.

sandy

I don't think she'd rush from a school run directly to an engagement.

TLLK

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: January 15, 2020, 08:52:25 PM

QuoteThe Princess Royal is involved with over 300 charities, organisations and military regiments in the UK and overseas.

HRH has been Patron of Scottish Rugby Union since 1986 and is often seen at matches, supporting players and staff.

LouisFerdinand

Over 300 charities! My stars! That is a large number. Princess Anne is a lady who takes her responsibilities very well.     

:stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:

Princess Cassandra

The PR is a person who often surprises. We often see her as brusque and matter-of-fact, but then we see her showing an unexpected warmth. She takes the title seriously. I'll bet she is extremely self-disciplined, also.

QueenAlex

I've never seen anything of Anne showing warmth.  She is a hard worker but her unfriendly manner is pretty awful .  However she is these days companioning her mother at engagmnets which is useful.

Princess Cassandra

A great interview, and well written article. I've been thinking this week what Anne has been thinking about Andrew. 

TLLK

Princess Anne?s Interview on Prince Andrew, Harry and Meghan & Life as a Royal | Vanity Fair

IMHO this is definitely worth a read about one of the BRF's hardest working members.
Personally I was pleased to see that the recent YouGov UK rating placed her as the fourth most favorably rated member of the BRF.

Quote1 - HMQ

2 - The Duchess of Cambridge

3 - The Duke of Cambridge

4 - Princess Anne

5 - Prince Harry

PrincessOfPeace

FanDianaFancy

Anne, TPR is .
Great article , so far of the tidbits.
Truth . She only said some truth there in throwing out some shade, no names mentioned.

wannable

When she speaks about the younger generation, she nails it with been there, done that, trials and errors, some wheels don't need to be changed, etc.

I hope William and Kate read it, as they are the only ones considered younger generation.