The Wales' Children Christenings-All years

Started by sara8150, July 25, 2013, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

I have to say- I have two daughters and we have never  turned up to weddings, christenings etc in outfits that match in colour or style. I haven't nothing against magnolia, though it's not a shade I would choose (I've always been very fond of bright colours.) However, the Middleton family trio turning up in it is a bit puzzling, as is George's retro outfit, proclaiming him to be both royal and a copy of William. Next time there's a family occasion I hope to see George in something non-reminiscent of the 1940s/1980's and the Middleton females not looking like theyve decided on some sort of weird bonding experience.

myidea

I can't understand why dress all the same, is weird and a childhood behaviour, not surprise they are the Midds
Defamation
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.
Defamation may be a criminal or civil charge. It encompasses both written statements, known as libel, and spoken statements, called slander.

Lucy

Quote from: TLLK on May 03, 2015, 05:47:07 AM
Quote from: Lucy on May 02, 2015, 10:36:45 PM
As a royal godparent is there to help provide religious guidance, so the idea Prince Harry may be selected is infintestimal .Lady Sarah Mc, one of Diana's sisters may be chosen and possibly James Middleton...with Phillipa as one of the Baby Princess' names. Kate may chose one or more of her close friends like Trini Foyle or Alice Avenal or Hannah Carter.Then there's Jecca, Lady Nathash and James Meade. As well as Tom van Straubensee , Sam Whaley Cohen and the another of the van Cutsems. As well as other Spencer cousins, like Viscount Louis. Lady Helen Taylor has some lovely children as well.

IMHO it's a personal decision that parents must make. Traditionally providing religious guidance and supporting the Godchild has been part of the role. However I do know couples who are not religious  or really even believers appointing Godparents for their children.

Whomever is requested to fill the role is likely not to be from a foreign royal family but a close friend IMO.

Golly, I named 4 out of the 5 ! !
Before anyone asks if I have direct insider information ( again ) I' ll just advise for no one to be so hasty with their empty & TOTALLY misinformed denials next time I comment.🎂🏰
Quite so, TLLK. Those who wish to redefine the basic purpose of godparents are far short of the mark.
When the third child is born it shall still be rather unlikely. Harry shall be chosen even though his Uncle Andy is one of his godparents.
The Middletons have always attended a Protestant Church, just not the C of E. Some of them are Catholic as well.⭐🌠
DIANISTA # 1

Limabeany

Can private bodyguards, like Richard Branson's bear arms?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lucy

Quote from: Eri on July 06, 2015, 11:17:26 AM
I gotta laugh at George's and the nanny's outfits ... Willy only pretends to be oh so normal and modern ...
At times he wears raggedy jeans & wholy jumpers but a royal christening is defined by tradition, not William.😉
DIANISTA # 1

missbliss

Well the Testino pics are on the way soon

QuoteKensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 13m13 minutes ago

We're about to share some very special christening photos by @mariotestino. Thanks so much for all the lovely messages in recent days!

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 02:29:50 PM

Here they are

Princess Charlotte in christening photos with Kate Middleton and the Royal Family | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 02:31:26 PM

I think they are very nice, but then I guess I would, wouldn't I?  :hehe:

FanDianaFancy

The  pictures   are  ok.  No close  shots  of the baby  sitting up  with  PK holding  her   while sitting down to  support  the baby's head  and body.

You  cannot  tell who  , what  she looks  like.

see the daily mail  today  for the  Testino pics.

UGH,  Camilla   ...the brightest  smile... was  the winner..."HA I , MEW, QUEEN CAMILLA  to  be, STAND  HERE  WITH DIANA'S  CHILDREN AND GRADNCHILDREN. I  WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!""

TLLK

I prefer Testino's photographs from Charlotte's christening over George's. Both lovely in their own way but I believe Mr. Testino seems to put everyone at ease and coaxes beautiful expressions from all.

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 03:30:52 PM

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on July 09, 2015, 03:19:45 PM
The  pictures   are  ok.  No close  shots  of the baby  sitting up  with  PK holding  her   while sitting down to  support  the baby's head  and body.

You  cannot  tell who  , what  she looks  like.

see the daily mail  today  for the  Testino pics.

UGH,  Camilla   ...the brightest  smile... was  the winner..."HA I , MEW, QUEEN CAMILLA  to  be, STAND  HERE  WITH DIANA'S  CHILDREN AND GRADNCHILDREN. I  WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!""
These would be just a small sampling of the photos that Mr. Testino took on Sunday so we won't know what other groupings were taken ie: Queen with Charlotte, Charles/Camilla with baby etc.. Still I have a feeling that we'll see a framed private photo of Charlotte's christening in a group of pictures next to HM in her Christmas address or in an interview with Charles some time in the future. :)

Curryong

I think they're lovely pictures. I like the one where George is smiling in his father's arms. Charlotte is a beautiful baby, looks as if she has dark eyes like her brother! The whole lot were smiling broadly in the group shot, and looked happy. Terrific! (I'm a sugar for babies and small children!)

Eri

Something horrible has happened ... they have discovered their children are good PR tools whenever they mess up they will be used ... as someone else said of course those pictures were going to be published after Wimbledon ...

sara8150

Princess Charlotte's official christening photos released
http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/1201507096092/princess-charlotte-official-christening-photos

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 05:03:20 PM

See Princess Charlotte, Prince George, Princess Kate and Prince William in Their Most Perfect Family Photo Yet (Plus 3 More Amazing Pictures!)
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20936568,00.html

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 05:08:17 PM

Princess Charlotte Looks Angelic in Mario Testino-Shot Christening Photos With Prince George
Princess Charlotte Looks Angelic in Christening Pics by Mario Testino - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 05:22:09 PM

See Princess Charlotte's christening photos shot by Mario Testino
See Princess Charlotte's christening photos shot by Mario Testino - CBS News

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on July 09, 2015, 04:53:01 PM
Princess Charlotte's official christening photos released
http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/1201507096092/princess-charlotte-official-christening-photos

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 05:03:20 PM

See Princess Charlotte, Prince George, Princess Kate and Prince William in Their Most Perfect Family Photo Yet (Plus 3 More Amazing Pictures!)
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20936568,00.html

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 05:08:17 PM

Princess Charlotte Looks Angelic in Mario Testino-Shot Christening Photos With Prince George
Princess Charlotte Looks Angelic in Christening Pics by Mario Testino - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 05:22:09 PM

See Princess Charlotte's christening photos shot by Mario Testino
See Princess Charlotte's christening photos shot by Mario Testino - CBS News
My favorite of the photos is Wiliam with a laughing George with my second favorite being the outdoor Cambridge family photo.

myidea

Same pictures for all British family ceremony
Defamation
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.
Defamation may be a criminal or civil charge. It encompasses both written statements, known as libel, and spoken statements, called slander.

sara8150

sara8150

Ooh, so cute! Palace releases new pictures of royal babies
Ooh, so cute! Palace releases photos of royal babies - CNN.com

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 10:36:21 PM

Official Photos of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge?s Christening. | The Royal Correspondent

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2015, 10:38:58 PM

The official photos from Princess Charlotte's christening are here
The official photos from Princess Charlotte?s christening are here | Royalista

Lucy

Must agree with Curryong as the Nanny is quite proud of her formal  education at Norland College and wanted to reflect it the first official chance she got...did the college offer her some sort of  compensation for the brilliant publicity?  Who knows but William and Kate would respect the wishes of their Nanny.

Kate and the staff at Getty are better photographers than Testino. I particularly admire the work of Chris Jackson and Mary Turner, who put Mario in the shade. Mario's interpretations look more like cardboard cut outs...and very much altered.  The  photographs Kate takes are natural and better lit. I recall when Testino did those infamous pics of Diana that many people didn't even recognize her. If only Snowden or Beaton were still available..both of who knew how to interpret the joy of such occasions. Of course the pics taken by Michael Middleton were quite good as well.
DIANISTA # 1

sara8150

Kate and William were well prepared! As the official portrait of Princess Charlotte's christening is released, a photo history of royal baptisms over the last 100 years   
A history of royal baptisms as Princess Charlotte's christening portrait is released | Daily Mail Online

Limabeany

The lighting is not very good and the photoshop is excessive. Testino is not as good as he thinks...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

HereditaryPrincess

The christening photos are nice but there's too much photoshop in the one of William, Kate, George and Charlotte in the garden. My favourite is the one of Kate and Charlotte.

Finally the photos have been released, it seems as if they took ages.   :Lothwen:

Curryong

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on July 10, 2015, 10:05:12 PM
The christening photos are nice but there's too much photoshop in the one of William, Kate, George and Charlotte in the garden. My favourite is the one of Kate and Charlotte.

Finally the photos have been released, it seems as if they took ages.   :Lothwen:

^^I like the pictures but after looking at them some more I'm really disliking the fact that a professional photographer should find it necessary to use Photoshop on each in such a massive way. The group photo and the one of Kate with Charlotte in her arms are done to death and the baby seems huge in the latter. I wish they had just used a well-known and experienced family and portrait photographer and forgot about this Diana connection.

TLLK

^^^IMO they chose Mario Testino because he'd photographed the brothers years before and developed some relationship with them as a photographer. He was selected to do the engagement photographs as well. IMO they like his work and he had an opening in his date book for the christening.

However it would be interesting if Lord Snowden were behind the camera again for another family event. Does anyone know if he still is working as a photographer?

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 11, 2015, 03:19:02 PM
^^^IMO they chose Mario Testino because he'd photographed the brothers years before and developed some relationship with them as a photographer. He was selected to do the engagement photographs as well. IMO they like his work and he had an opening in his date book for the christening.

However it would be interesting if Lord Snowden were behind the camera again for another family event. Does anyone know if he still is working as a photographer?

^^ I don't think so. He is now in his mid-80's and wheelchair bound. He is still seen around London though, and there was an Exhibition of his photographs at the National Gallery, which ended in June.

Limabeany

Testino?s portrait of William and Kate is a sickly sweet lie | Jonathan Jones | Comment is free | The Guardian

Today, royal portraiture is openly deceitful. Testino famously photographed Diana, but his pictures of her tell nothing about the anguish and the sorrow of her story.

Children are not jewels. They are forces of nature. Where's the reality of childhood in these plastic fantastic visual lies executed by a master of fake truth? Why on earth do the royal family need to put out such sickening PR nonsense? It is no way to start a childhood, presented on a platter to the world by a three-star chef of sickly sweet pictorial cuisine.

The Cambridges have become too valuable to royal publicity to be allowed to be real. They are turning into living lies – the impossibly perfect people with their impossibly perfect children. Please, let them be human. From the widely reviled National Portrait Gallery painting of the Duchess of Cambridge to Testino's glitz, their image is becoming so banal in its perfections that soon the picture must crack. No one really looks like this, no life is so unblemished. Let's have some honest royal art instead of waiting to expose the pain that was airbrushed out. Again.

cate1949

well well - good commentary - really does capture the problem with these pics and the way the golden couple is portrayed.

All too perfect.  Had just looked at the Monaco royals - Albert's tenth anniversary.  Now they are a handsome lot that family but also rather scandal prone.  But the pics of the day are very nice - not photoshopped beyond belief -
Not attempting to make people look artificially perfect.  Even given their dysfunctional family reputation - they hug they kiss they get tears in their eyes - they seem real.

TLLK

Quote from: cate1949 on July 13, 2015, 11:15:51 AM
well well - good commentary - really does capture the problem with these pics and the way the golden couple is portrayed.

All too perfect.  Had just looked at the Monaco royals - Albert's tenth anniversary.  Now they are a handsome lot that family but also rather scandal prone.  But the pics of the day are very nice - not photoshopped beyond belief -
Not attempting to make people look artificially perfect.  Even given their dysfunctional family reputation - they hug they kiss they get tears in their eyes - they seem real.

TBH I believe that Charlene has truly come into her own as the Princess Consort of Monaco and her recent photos at the baptism/anniversary were proof of this happening.