The Wales' Children Christenings-All years

Started by sara8150, July 25, 2013, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

It seems all went well without a hitch. CanĀ“t wait to see Charlotte walking.

sara8150

Prince Louis haven?t christening yet but Kensington Palace, Clarence House and Buckingham Palace haven?t release date for youngsters baby Prince Louis I don?t know how grown Louis.. But I?m hope Louis will have christening on July or fall depend per Cambridges decisions discussed date July or after HM done vacation at balmoral I?m hope fall christening pray for that so William and Kate would like have small ceremony and intive only godparents on the lists but I don?t know William and Kate decided location for Louis?s christening not in London we have wait till announcement from Kensington Palace

Kate Middleton and William set to hold ?relaxed styled? christening for Prince Louis | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Louis christening: When is the christening? Who will be godparents? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Curryong

It all depends on William's engagements. IMO it may well be Sandringham again but with less publicity this time and probably July. The Middletons present plus godparents. If it runs into late July/August the Queen may not be present as it takes an earthquake to get her away from Balmoral in August and September.

TLLK

I think that we'll see a similar pattern of Louis' Godparents being: Maternal/Paternal first cousins, Kate/William's school friends, perhaps a former mentor/courtier.

They seem determined not to have a sibling most likely because  IMO should anything happen to Louis' parents, their aunt and uncles will be more involved in the care for the Cambridge children.

As for the timing, there is also the Queen's and Charles' schedules to consider before a date will be announced.  :) I do believe it will be in the summer and either in London or at Sandringham.

FanDianaFancy

In time. Others schedules have to be checked.
He is only a few weeks old right?
He is not 3-4 months yet.

wannable

Great, hopefully true a "vital compromise" like the European Monarchy houses. 

I'm predicting and would love that the Christening takes place at HM Balmoral Castle in Scotland. There's a weekend where the entire Windsor family spend summer holiday. 

sara8150

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on June 18, 2018, 12:22:26 AM
In time. Others schedules have to be checked.
He is only a few weeks old right?
He is not 3-4 months yet.

Hmm!! Louis would have christening July he would be 3 month if not christening July they have fall like August Louis will be four month old or September Louis will be five month old because of Eugenie?s wedding on October 12..

Dutch Royals baby have christening not 3 month!! About 4-6 months old

But Kensington Palace haven?t confirmed about christening date of Louis Prince George christening at three month old and Princess Charlotte christening at two month old respectively

Double post auto-merged: June 18, 2018, 04:24:07 AM

Quote from: wannable on June 18, 2018, 12:45:05 AM
Great, hopefully true a "vital compromise" like the European Monarchy houses. 

I'm predicting and would love that the Christening takes place at HM Balmoral Castle in Scotland. There's a weekend where the entire Windsor family spend summer holiday. 

We have wait and see till day of christening location Sandringham,Berkshire or Balmoral but we have wait and see till official announcement from Kensington Palace,Clarence House and Buckingham Palace date for christening 

Curryong

If baby Louis is baptised north of the border it would have to be under the rites of the Church of Scotland. That's doubtful, IMO.

wannable

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are pleased to announce that the christening of Prince Louis will take place on Monday 9th July at The Chapel Royal, St James?s Palace, London.

Prince Louis will be christened by The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Reverend Justin Welby.

sara8150

Royal baby: When is Prince Louis christening and will George and Charlotte be there? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
The couples always bring nanny Maria kept George and Charlotte entertained and quiet they wont stealing show same princess Leonore at her sister?s big day last June 8 that example and no nanny for Leonore and Nicholas who watch but Madeleine not like that that happened June 8 Leonore is so BOSS!

Who will be Prince?s godparents on July 9? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
We have wait and see till day of christening announcement name on the lists I don?t know who will be?!? Kept underwraps till morning of christened on July 9 but George had seven godparents when he christening in October 2013 and Charlotte had five godparents in July 2015 anyway the couples would ruled five godparents for Louis but NOT seven godparents like George I don?t think great-aunts will be godparents would be ruled!

Curryong

They generally pick people in their circle and a cousin or two. Might be four or five godparents this time. Perhaps Eugenie might get a gig? Or one of the Wessexes. I'd suggest Louise but she's not old enough.

sara8150

Details of Prince Louis?s Christening are released ? Royal Central
I cant blame Cambridges for says no television camera during service wanted kept personal private

QuoteThe service will be private and no television cameras will be permitted inside the chapel, however, official photographs are expected to be released.

Double post auto-merged: June 22, 2018, 04:17:48 PM

Prince Louis' christening: who are the godparents, what will Kate Middleton wear and more - Photo 1

Double post auto-merged: June 22, 2018, 04:21:04 PM

Prince Louis Godparents Odds | PEOPLE.com
William and Kate makes decisions to announcement day of christening July 9 underwraps godparents no games till day of July 9 christening I don?t know who would be?!? but William and Kate makes decide on the lists of godparents small services not HUGE service like European royals

sara8150

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on June 22, 2018, 04:51:58 PM
Godparents?  that  is the interesting thing now. Who?

The big  gossip question in the media is  will it finally be  TParkerBowles or LadyLaura?

We have wait and see till July 9 who would be?!? I don?t think great-aunts will be godparents but William and Kate makes decisions have godparents for Louis kept underwraps but Louise too young become godparents she is 14 years old if Louise become godparents in UK historical she will fully responsible for that! I don?t think SO!

Double post auto-merged: June 23, 2018, 03:13:36 PM

Who will Prince William and Kate Middleton choose as godparents for Prince Louis? See the latest odds
We have wait and see till day of July 9 announcement who will be named godparents unveiling under wraps

TLLK

Meghan Markle Probably Won't Be Louis' Godmother

Quote"As with George and Charlotte, [William and Kate] chose close and trusted friends and aides, rather than immediate family members, and the odds suggest that will be the same with little Prince Louis," Jessica Bridge, of British bookmakers Ladbrokes, said in a statement, according to People.

Some of the top contenders include William and Harry?s former assistant and nanny Tiggy Pettifer, with 2/1 odds, and William?s outgoing private secretary and close friend Miguel Head, with 5/4 odds. Also on the shortlist are William?s stepsister Laura Lopes (the daughter of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall), with 3/1 odds, and Kate's former private secretary, Rebecca Priestley, with 4/1 odds.

If the Cambridge's pattern of selecting close friends and former assistants as their children's Godparents, then i do believe that these are likely choices: Tiggy Pettifer, Miguel Head, Laura Lopes and Rebecca Priestly. Possibly one of the  Windsor/Spencer/Middleton cousins could be in the running: ie: Peter Phillips

sara8150

Prince Louis christening: New details revealed ? and it's a change from Prince George and Princess Charlotte's
16:00 means (4pm) in London start christening not morning christening than George and Charlotte who christening in morning

QuotePrince Louis is set to get christened next month at the same chapel as his older brother Prince George, but new details released on Monday have revealed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have broken tradition with their third child when it comes to timings. Unlike George and Princess Charlotte, who got baptised in the morning, Louis' christening will take place at 16:00 on 9 July. The statement released by Kensington Palace read: "The service will begin at 4pm and will last approximately 40 minutes." Louis will be baptised when he is 11 weeks old, and it will be the first time the public will catch a glimpse of him since his birth in April.

QuoteThe afternoon service will take place at Chapel Royal at St James's Palace will see many members of the royal family in attendance, including the Queen, Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Kate's family are also expected to be there, including parents Carole and Michael Middleton, her younger brother James and her younger sister Pippa, who is pregnant with her first baby with husband James Matthews.

QuoteLouis' christening will be the first time the Cambridge family will be seen out together as a family-of-five, and the date coincidentally falls a week after George and Charlotte break up from school and nursery for the summer holidays. Following the service, it is likely that William and Kate will enjoy the start of their summer, splitting their time between their London residence and Anmer Hall in Sandringham. They will no doubt also spend some time with the Middletons in Bucklebury.

QuoteBets are currently being placed on who Louis' godparents will be, with William's soon-to-be former private secretary, Miguel Head, predicted favourite as godfather, with Ladbrokes slashing his odds from 2/1 to 5/4 in recent weeks. Harry and William's former nanny, Tiggy Pettifier ? formerly Tiggy Legge-Bourke, is also in the running, with odds at 2/1.

QuotePrince Louis made a much-anticipated arrival into the world on 23 April, and was introduced to adoring crowds gathered outside the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in London at just a few hours old, in his mother's arms. A lip reader revealed to the Mirror afterwards that William had asked his wife, "Are you ok with him?" to which Kate replied with a smile, "Yes." Four days after his birth, William and Kate announced Louis' name, revealing his official royal moniker to be Prince Louis Arthur Charles.

Double post auto-merged: June 26, 2018, 02:13:48 PM

Why Prince Louis' christening will have extra significance for the Queen
When young Queen and Philip got engaged same day of christening July 9,1947 says 71 years ago

QuoteThere is no doubt that Prince Louis' christening will be a special day for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the whole royal family, but even more so for the Queen and Prince Philip ? for one very special, and romantic reason. The Prince's big day, which falls on Monday 9 July, will be the exact same day that the monarch and her husband announced their engagement in 1947, exactly 71 years ago.

Despite having been privately engaged for nearly a year, the then-Princess Elizabeth and Philip Mountbatten officially announced their wedding on Wednesday 9 July 1947 and posed for the most adorable photos at Buckingham Palace.

sara8150

Prince Louis christening: Who will be Prince Louis' godparents - Latest odds REVEALED | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Till announcement day of July 9 but I don?t know who would be kept under wraps not member of royal family members or Middleton family members but William and Kate makes decisions who would be?!? Till revealed on July 9th morning of christening kept zip it! Don?t says word! 🤐🤫

George had godparents of Zara Philip-Tindall when he christening October 2013

Charlotte had godparents and no member of royal family in godparents but Kate chosen one of  Middleton Family member godparents at Charlotte?s christening in July 2015

QuotePrince George was baptised by the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Chapel Royal at St James's Palace on 23 October 2013, with Oliver Baker, Emilia Jardine-Paterson, Earl Grosvenor, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, the Hon. Julia Samuel, William van Cutsem and Zara Tindall serving as godparents.

QuoteOn 5 July 2015, Princess Charlotte was baptised by the Archbishop of Canterbury at St. Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham. Her godparents are her parents' cousins the Hon. Laura Fellowes and Adam Middleton, and family friends Thomas van Straubenzee, James Meade, and Sophie Carter.

TLLK

Most likely they'll keep to the same pattern of no siblings and HRH's but  close friends or former advisors.  :)

sara8150

Prince Louis will wear SAME christening dress as Princess Charlotte and Prince George | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Louis will wear same gowns since George and Charlotte at christening respectively very traditional from past to present of royal baby at christening

Prince Louis christening: Royal traditions Kate and William MUST follow | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Louis christening: Who Kate Middleton and Prince William will invite | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Wills and Kate makes decisions to intive small family member of royal family,Middleton family and godparents on the lists but not WHOLE like European royals but godparents names still under wraps till day of July 9 kept zipit!! Don?t says words 🤐🤫

Blue Clover

Yes! :thumbsup: We have this to look forward to tomorrow.

Curryong

Tomorrow, or rather, today? I thought the christening was to be held on the 9th? If Harry and Meghan attend that they'll have a busy few days, as there are the RAF commemorations the next day and then straight on the plane to Ireland. 

Blue Clover

@Curryong Today!

Double post auto-merged: July 05, 2018, 04:52:12 AM

No, you are right @Curryong its on Monday, July 9th.