The Royal Name Game: The baby of T.R.H. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Started by Windsor, December 03, 2012, 04:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Right, it is time to posts suggestions to help the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with baby names.

The top entries will be sent to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in a letter with official Royal Insight letterheads to Kensington Palace at the end of Spring 2013.

chavita

Harryite #0009

Lothwen

I don't know what I want them to name their baby, but I know which name I don't want used, and that would be Diana.  That poor child would be nothing more than a PR piece for the Cambridges, and putting that name on any child born to Prince William would cause unnecessary pressure.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

chavita

If it's a boy they will probably name him with any of the names we already know... William, Albert, Edward, Henry, Charles, Philip... etc.... :Lothwen:
Harryite #0009

cinrit

I think Charles and Philip are probably a definite.  And William, as well?  For a girl, surely Elizabeth will be included.  Maybe Diana, too, but I think Elizabeth would be the first in the order of names.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

I think for a girl Elizabeth Catherine Diana Carole or Elizabeth Mary Diana Carole

A boy: William Michael Philip Charles

So both parents on both sides would be represented.

Lothwen

Quote from: Windsor on December 03, 2012, 04:50:38 PM
Right, it is time to posts suggestions to help the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with baby names.

The top entries will be sent to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in a letter with official Royal Insight letterheads to Kensington Palace at the end of Spring 2013.

We have official letterheads? :teehee:
Harryite 12-005

sara8150

Wills and Kate have decide baby name till baby born or wait till baptism but no games guess like Danish Royals always did that kept quiet..

Wills dont wanted name after his mother if he get that we have wait and see till baby born..

i wouldnt allowed have guess names till Wills and Kate hints name

princesa

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Carole Diana
Prince Philip Arthur Michael Charles

are my guesses!

Windsor

Sandor

Quote from: sandy on December 03, 2012, 05:37:25 PM
I think for a girl Elizabeth Catherine Diana Carole or Elizabeth Mary Diana Carole

A boy: William Michael Philip Charles

So both parents on both sides would be represented.

That's what I think as well!

I did like James for a boy;  but since Edward used that, I guess it's out!

corydora

Quote from: princesa on December 03, 2012, 06:21:52 PM
Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Carole Diana
Prince Philip Arthur Michael Charles

are my guesses!

Those are beautiful.
Recycle yourself - Be an Organ Donor

Lothwen

I hope they do what Victoria and Daniel did and choose a name to honor somebody (non-royal) who was historically significant for England.
Harryite 12-005

corydora

I'm sorry I couldn't figure how to modify my previous post, but I just read that the name of the king who abdicated was: edward albert christian george andrew patrick david

I think Christian would be a nice name or Patrick.
Recycle yourself - Be an Organ Donor

Hanna

As Diana isn't here to share in it all, I wonder if they will have Francis or Frances as one of his/her names  :)

Diamonds

As much as I love the name Diana for a girl, (I would possibly name my own future daughter this.) I hope that if they have a girl this time or in the future Diana is not in the name. I agree that it would be wonderful to honor Princess Diana but I think that they could use another Spencer name to honor Diana/The Spencers but not create too much pressure or Diana 2.0.

I also disagree with the previous posters that say that they will use both Diana and Carole or Charles and Michael depending on if it is a girl or a boy. I just do not see them doing this. It you look at past royal baby namings you will see that both grandmother's or both grandfather's names used for one child. If this happened I think that it would drive me crazy with too much honoring overload!

Sandor

Quote from: corydora on December 03, 2012, 09:07:49 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't figure how to modify my previous post, but I just read that the name of the king who abdicated was: edward albert christian george andrew patrick david

I think Christian would be a nice name or Patrick.

The Danish heir is named Christian, so I don't think they will choose that.
And Earl Spencer just named his baby daughter Charlotte Diana, so I doubt they'll use that either.

(As for Victoria and Daniel, I really dislike the name Estelle and think they should have picked a Swedish name for the future queen!  Alas, they didn't consult me.    :no:)

Lady In Red

Naming their daughter after Diana would be a little too expected. W&K really seem to march to the beat of their own drum so while they may honor a family member when choosing a baby name and or middle names,  I still think they'll choose a name that may "surprise" us all.

Actually since the Middleton 's and Prince William get along so well I can totally see William insisting that if the baby is a boy they'll name him Michael. If it's a girl maybe Carolyn in honor of grandma Carole.

Diamonds

In my last post I meant to say that royal babies do not usually have both of their grandparent's names in their name. Oops!  :girlblush:

Jenee

I would love to see a girl with the first name Victoria. As for a boy..... I really have no idea!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lothwen

I like the name Emily Diana Elizabeth Frances for a girl.   For a boy, I like Robert Phillip Charles Arthur.
Harryite 12-005

anaf135

Felicia

I think Caroline Elizabeth Diana Mary

George Charles Philip Michael

Felicia

Actually Philippa has of course featured as a Queen of England before...

American Royal Fan

Alexandra Catherine Elizabeth Victoria - if it's a girl

Charles Louis John Philip - if it's a boy

:happy15: :happy15: :happy15: