Main Menu

Got a Virus!

Started by American Royal Fan, November 04, 2012, 10:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

American Royal Fan

Hello there, and I have some bad news to tell you.
There were some threads about "kitchen for sale" I saw yesterday in this board. I told the user who posted it it's spam. Later I got a JS:Script virus. I was so scared I have to install an anti-virus and so I safely removed it. I hope I never experience such thing again.

Jenee

Those members were spammers, the posts were removed yesterday and the members banned.

We have extensive procedures in place to prevent spammers from being able to register here, but they aren't always enough.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

SophieChloe

Some do slip through the net.  However, to be safe - please do not "click" onto strange links nor reply to the same  :hug:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Orchid

Comprehensive anti-virus software is always wise when suring the net. As Jenee said, we can't filter 100% of spammers as all softwares and systems have limits, but we try our best to minimise such problems and hazards to computers and devices by installing and managing as many programs as possible. 
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

American Royal Fan

Quote from: Jenee on November 04, 2012, 04:25:42 PM
Those members were spammers, the posts were removed yesterday and the members banned.

We have extensive procedures in place to prevent spammers from being able to register here, but they aren't always enough.
Oh, thanks! Since that time I will be careful on what to click on. I have also removed the virus from my computer and my computer is fine now.  :happy15:

Quote from: Orchid on November 05, 2012, 01:59:33 AM
Comprehensive anti-virus software is always wise when suring the net. As Jenee said, we can't filter 100% of spammers as all softwares and systems have limits, but we try our best to minimise such problems and hazards to computers and devices by installing and managing as many programs as possible.
:thumbsup:

[Posts merged]

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore