The Former Duchess of York Storms Out

Started by HRH Duchess of Poppyshire, August 11, 2011, 06:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

cinrit

Thanks, wannabe.  I've just watched it ... I just don't know quite what to think, much less say, yet.  :(

Cindy

SophieChloe

Yes, thanks Wannabe - I promised myself I wouldn't watch, but there is a strange side to me that really wants to watch! 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

^^ It's really kind of sad, sophiechloe.  :cry:

Cindy

pinkpearls

I couldn't watch. I tried, but didn't make it past 4 minutes.

SophieChloe

Quote from: cinrit on August 15, 2011, 05:25:31 PM
^^ It's really kind of sad, sophiechloe.  :cry:

Cindy
:hi: Cindy : Sadly I had a feeling it would be  :blowkiss: Sarah, Sarah, Sarah  :ugh:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

Quote from: sophiechloe on August 15, 2011, 06:41:51 PM
Sarah, Sarah, Sarah  :ugh:   

Yeah ...  :no:   

sophiechloe,  :hug:

Cindy

Hale

Quote from: wannabe on August 15, 2011, 04:45:41 PM
Sarah Ferguson - 60 Minutes Interview "Seeing Red"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GM945fuUDI

Thanks wannabe, just watched it.  Odd that she got stressed out by the mention of the NOTW sting, when the interviewer quite rightly pointed out that she talks about it in her new book.  Clearly she was also stressed out by mention of the Queen and the RF.   I wonder if they have sent her to Coventry.

amabel

I should think that the RF long ago sent her to coventry, except if forced to meet her with the Girls.

memememe

I don't think any of the royal family even go anywhere where it is possible that they would meet her, even with the girls.

What I think could be sad is that I can see some of the royals actually refusing to attend the girls' weddings because of their hatred of Sarah - royals like Philip, William, Harry and even Charles. 

It is clear that the girls are torn in many ways - never able to see their mother at Christmas any more - have their grandfather badmouth her in their presence, as was reported as happening on the cruise last year - etc.

Orchid

In the video Sarah says she now 'has the tools to deal with her life' but I wonder how true this is given the unstable way in which she dealt with the interview - a situation she was prepared for.... it wasn't an ambush.  Time will tell.  It would be nice to see her pull herself together and become the respected, clear headed matriarch of her family unit (a role which all Mothers should occupy).
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

RoyalB

Hale, I too watched the video and thought it strange that she got so stressed about the questions which were asked.  She clearly wasn't really prepared properly which she should have been, given what is in the book.  And yes, talk of the royal family at all seemed to hit a raw nerve.

I wonder if she will ever reach a point whereby the past is firmly behind her.  "Finding Sarah" seems to me to be as elusive as ever.

Hale

RoyalB

pinkpearls

Quote from: Orchid on August 18, 2011, 10:13:03 AM
In the video Sarah says she now 'has the tools to deal with her life' but I wonder how true this is given the unstable way in which she dealt with the interview - a situation she was prepared for.... it wasn't an ambush.  Time will tell.  It would be nice to see her pull herself together and become the respected, clear headed matriarch of her family unit (a role which all Mothers should occupy).

My understanding, and I could be wrong, was that the interviewer made her re-watch the infamous tapes, and that is what she wasn't prepared for. I would be upset too, if I was told "we're going to talk about XYZ," then I show up & they make me watch the moment that I was at my lowest. It screams of "gotcha journalism" to me.