I have a complaint: Locking Forms where posting is good!

Started by Yale, June 30, 2011, 03:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

I am still fairly new here but I have got to say that I am extremely upset and disappointed.  Why do the Admin and Moderators constantly lock threads when the posting frequency is good? In my view doing this takes the fun from posting here. Why create a thread if you are only going to lock in end?  I just do not understand.

Everyone has an opinion and a point of view and not everyone is going to agree.

Lothwen

We lock threads for a number of reasons

1. If there are too many personal attacks
2. If the thread continually goes off topic, even after warnings from a mod/admin
3. If the topic has reached the end of it's discussion (for example, the thread "Here's hoping for a pairing of Pippa and Harry" was locked because Pippa has been proved to be with her boyfriend, Alex Loudon, and Harry has stated that he is 100% single)
4. Sometimes threads are too long, so they are locked, but then a new thread is opened up so the conversation can continue. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

WOW

Threads are also moved (which appear locked where they are origionally posted) because the post was not in the right location. We always invite new or newer members to familiarize theirselves with our Forum Rules found here. Please let us know if you have any other questions  :king: