Prince Andrew invites Fergie to his 50th birthday at Buckingham Palace

Started by wannable, February 22, 2010, 10:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Quote from: amabel on February 26, 2010, 06:12:02 PM
Quote from: Trudie on February 26, 2010, 11:38:04 AM
Quote from: amabel on February 25, 2010, 08:20:21 PM
Quote from: Trudie on February 24, 2010, 09:29:06 AM
I think the fact that Andrew has always treated Sarah with respect and love is not something the RF want to flaunt in the face of Charles and Camilla and the way Charles treated Diana. Andrew and Sarah's marriage unraveled for a few reasons one he was away and they only saw each other 42 days out of the year, and her escape from the loneliness was to have two affairs with totally unsuitable men. Then there were the courtiers who were brutal to Sarah.

How were they "brutal" to her? They suggested that she do some work instead of skiing?
She marired a naval officer, so she must have been aware that he'd be away a lot of the time... and she'd be on her own. 

The courtiers were brutal in dressing her down for any tiny what they deemed a mistake on her part at an engagement even when performing with Andrew. You really need to read her autobiography.

No i don't -.

sorry that shot off... I meant to say that I don't think i need to read it. There are lots of books I should read, but I don't think Fergie's is one of them.  She was never cut out to be a princess, she was lazy, free loading and silly, albeit she's good natured and probably very likable...
I've said before, courtiers are paid to make sure the royal show runs well, and if Fergie made mistakes then they were going to be critical...I dont see that it is brutal to tell her so, any more than it would be brutal of my boss to tell me off if I were doing something wrong at work...Judging by her all too frequent gaffes they did not tell her she was getting it wrong all that often...

Ursula

Quite often, Sarah is her own enemy.  HOWEVER, I don't think the courtiers were ever in her corner.  I think they're a snobbish bunch who wanted to make her feel like an outsider even if she did marry a royal and they only worked for them.   :laugh:

amabel

Quote from: Ursula on February 26, 2010, 07:05:09 PM
Quite often, Sarah is her own enemy.  HOWEVER, I don't think the courtiers were ever in her corner.  I think they're a snobbish bunch who wanted to make her feel like an outsider even if she did marry a royal and they only worked for them.   :laugh:

No of course they were never in her corner, they're in their own corner... and it must have been obvious to them that she was a big mistake...
I repeat there's no harm in Sarah,  She's good natured, likeable and very stupid and thoughtless.  but I think she felt that being a princess was mostly licence to spend money and party... She was unlucky in that she was expected to dress etc on a far smaller income than Charles and Diana had, but still she was a lot better off with Andrew than she would have been as a single girl...

Lindelle

Quote from: Scarlet Flowers on February 26, 2010, 03:49:40 PM
As long as Prince PHilip is alive I don't think Sarah could remarry Andrew.

As long as I'm alive they couldn't either :jester: :hehe:

Lindelle

Quote from: amabel on February 26, 2010, 06:12:02 PM
Quote from: Trudie on February 26, 2010, 11:38:04 AM
Quote from: amabel on February 25, 2010, 08:20:21 PM
Quote from: Trudie on February 24, 2010, 09:29:06 AM
I think the fact that Andrew has always treated Sarah with respect and love is not something the RF want to flaunt in the face of Charles and Camilla and the way Charles treated Diana. Andrew and Sarah's marriage unraveled for a few reasons one he was away and they only saw each other 42 days out of the year, and her escape from the loneliness was to have two affairs with totally unsuitable men. Then there were the courtiers who were brutal to Sarah.

How were they "brutal" to her? They suggested that she do some work instead of skiing?
She marired a naval officer, so she must have been aware that he'd be away a lot of the time... and she'd be on her own. 

The courtiers were brutal in dressing her down for any tiny what they deemed a mistake on her part at an engagement even when performing with Andrew. You really need to read her autobiography.

No i dont -.

Me either , unless it's about 'Budgie and the Helicopter' one. :lmao3:

Scarlet Flowers

Quote from: Lindelle on February 26, 2010, 09:24:41 PM
Quote from: Scarlet Flowers on February 26, 2010, 03:49:40 PM
As long as Prince PHilip is alive I don't think Sarah could remarry Andrew.

As long as I'm alive they couldn't either :jester: :hehe:

:lmao3:

Want him to yourself, do you?

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Hale

QuoteThe courtiers were brutal in dressing her down for any tiny what they deemed a mistake on her part at an engagement even when performing with Andrew. You really need to read her autobiography.

I agree, they took advantage of their positions.  I also agree that Andrew is constantly being beaten up by the press for no reason.  No one gives him credit for the way he behaved after those toe sucking pics were published.

It must surely be one of the most friendliest divorces and I'm sure their children will benefit from the way their parents handled their break up.

Scarlet Flowers

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

amabel

Quote from: Hale on February 27, 2010, 01:07:04 AM
QuoteThe courtiers were brutal in dressing her down for any tiny what they deemed a mistake on her part at an engagement even when performing with Andrew. You really need to read her autobiography.

I agree, they took advantage of their positions.  I also agree that Andrew is constantly being beaten up by the press for no reason.  No one gives him credit for the way he behaved after those toe sucking pics were published.

It must surely be one of the most friendliest divorces and I'm sure their children will benefit from the way their parents handled their break up.

Hale I like Andrew, but I don't think he's beaten up by the Press, unless with good reason. He can be vulgar and arrogant... and he's not the brightest  and he's annoyed the Press often, such as the time he sprayed them iwht paint and barely apologised so he has only himself to blame if they don't like him.
but I think you're right in that he has a good heart and is fond of and loyal to Sarah.  but while he kept the divorce friendly, I think he still wanted it.  he was prepared to forgive her for some of the stuff, but he was angry and humiliated not just at the toe sucking but at the pics of Steve Wright with the children...and sicne Sarah had obviously realised long ago that she wasn't cut out for public life and wasn't willing to put up iwht the restrictions of the job, it was easy for them to have  a freindly divorce...

Ursula

I never looked at it that way Amabel, but your analysis of their divorce makes sense. 

amabel

Quote from: Ursula on February 27, 2010, 01:54:45 PM
I never looked at it that way Amabel, but your analysis of their divorce makes sense. 

well I have read conflicting information, such as that Andrew was willing to take her back and pretend that all her carry on was because she Had Had a nervous breakdown, and that after a period of "treatment", she would re emerge into royal life... but that the Queen wasn't keen on this and Fergie herself wanted out...However I have also read that Andrew himself was while still willing to forgive her up to a point, embarrassed by her behaviour, and not wiling to take her back as a wife, although he still wanted to be Friends with her.  But still again, Fergie I think wanted out, when she realised that she was always going to be under a lot of restrictions and she just was not prepared to adjust her behaviour.... but of course it probably suits her to be Friends with Andy since (a) she is probably fond of him, and (b) he is still Duke of York and a fairly senior royal.. and gives her a bit of an "in" to British society...
however I think that she really wanted a divorce after a couple of years. She reckoned that even with less money, life outside the royal cage  had to be better than inside it.  Diana was I think more ambivalent. She wanted out of the Royal cage, but she was aware that it would come at a price in terms of status and that she would suffer for it, which is why she worked hard to get a very big divorce settlement.... but I think she also half wanted to stay inside, partly because she still had feelings for Charles and partly because she thought that if he didn't become king, she would be Williams Mother and as such have a position of importance, which would be easier to maintain if she were not divorced from Charles.... (plus if she did not get a divorce,  he would not be able ot marry Camilla)...

Ursula

I don't know if Sarah really wanted a divorce but I think she had no choice.  Despite an amicable divorce and a friendly relationship since then, I don't think Andrew stood up for her when they were married.  I watched an interview Sarah gave shortly after the divorce and she said it was important to "know your man".  I felt this was her reference to his strength of character (or lack of).  I don't think he was very proactive in his marriage - I believe he also had an expectation that she would find her own way and adjust to royal life.  Unfortunately, she had a lot going against her..............her own poor judgement at times, not being liked or respected by the graymen, and an absent (and somewhat weak) husband.   I won't judge her for having an affair (or two) but I was shocked that her daughters were along on that toe-sucking vacation.  That was beyond bad taste on her part and I felt very sorry for Andrew.  How disrespectful of her to do that to him.       

amabel

Quote from: Ursula on February 27, 2010, 03:51:38 PM
I don't know if Sarah really wanted a divorce but I think she had no choice.  Despite an amicable divorce and a friendly relationship since then, I don't think Andrew stood up for her when they were married.  I watched an interview Sarah gave shortly after the divorce and she said it was important to "know your man".  I felt this was her reference to his strength of character (or lack of).  I don't think he was very proactive in his marriage - I believe he also had an expectation that she would find her own way and adjust to royal life.  Unfortunately, she had a lot going against her..............her own poor judgement at times, not being liked or respected by the graymen, and an absent (and somewhat weak) husband.   I won't judge her for having an affair (or two) but I was shocked that her daughters were along on that toe-sucking vacation.  That was beyond bad taste on her part and I felt very sorry for Andrew.  How disrespectful of her to do that to him.       
well she did not want to be a princess, I think, once she realised that it wasn't a licence to spend money and go on holidays... she knew she couldn't cope with it, so that said, she had Little option but to bow out... and I think that Andrew may have really wanted a clean divorce once her affairs became so noticeable...

drezzle

Quote from: Ursula on February 27, 2010, 03:51:38 PM
I won't judge her for having an affair (or two) but I was shocked that her daughters were along on that toe-sucking vacation.  That was beyond bad taste on her part and I felt very sorry for Andrew.  How disrespectful of her to do that to him.        

The Housekeeper's  Diary had quite a bit to say about Fergie -- she thought she was beyond stuck up -- more snobbish than a real royal would ever dream of being.  She also described her as the ultimate in inconsiderate and opportunistic.  I still think Fergie and Charles would have made a great couple.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Ursula

drezzle, I think she is very snobbish, yes.  I've seen her on Larry King, for example, and she loves to remind people of her title and royal connections.  Not much class IMO.  (I also believe the Housekeeper mentioned something about standards regarding "unmentionables."  ;) )So, not a very nice picture all around.    

Amabel, I think she did want to be a princess.  Very much so.  She still clings to her title and and mentions her marriage to Andrew and her daughters' visits with the Queen at every opportunity.  

wannable

Hopefully the 2 daughters don't have those traits.

Another article and photos of the Friday evening b-day party.
QuoteHe's always had something of a reputation as a ladies' man - so it was, perhaps, no surprise to see a stream of stunning women flooding into his lavish 50th birthday party on Friday night.

Among them were Kazakhstani socialite Goga Ashkenazi, supermodel Naomi Campbell, stylish businesswoman Caroline Stanbury, TV presenter Tania Bryer, party girl Tamara Beckwith and Catrina Skepper, the former face - and body - of Cadbury's sensual Flake adverts.

'There were a lot of very pretty women there, some of them in very sexy dresses,' said one guest. 'They all went and gave the birthday boy a kiss on the cheek. Andrew was in his element.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254332/Andys-angels--host-beauties-line-Prince-50th-birthday-kiss.html#ixzz0gmzo1zoe

Lindelle

Quote from: Ursula on February 27, 2010, 11:52:44 PM
drezzle, I think she is very snobbish, yes.  I've seen her on Larry King, for example, and she loves to remind people of her title and royal connections.  Not much class IMO.  (I also believe the Housekeeper mentioned something about standards regarding "unmentionables."  ;) )So, not a very nice picture all around.   

Amabel, I think she did want to be a princess.  Very much so.  She still clings to her title and and mentions her marriage to Andrew and her daughters' visits with the Queen at every opportunity. 

Wouldn't you think by now she would stop with Í'm a Royal' thing?

Ursula

Lindelle

would that in itself not have some affect on the girls? I mean, their marriage is over and the girls go on about how a close knit family they are but if Andrew wanted to remarry, Sarah I feel would be the thorn.

Ursula

Yes, and I think Sarah has used the girls to hold on to her past and to promote herself.  I also believe she exposed them way too much to her publicity seeking lifestyle. 

Lindelle

For sure.
Anyway, I hope he's had a lovely time at his birthday.
I just can't think where my invitation got to?
And it's not the first time this has happened. :nag:

Ursula