Queen to get party of century - Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Started by Alexandra123, April 12, 2009, 03:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra123

QuoteQueen to get party of century

Britain is to throw the party of the century in 2012 when the Queen's diamond jubilee coincides with the London Olympics.
Negotiations have begun to give the country a summer festival of celebration lasting three months. It is a different story from the "miserly" celebrations in 2002 to mark the 50th anniversary of the Queen's accession.

I am glad they have already started planning the celebrations that will mark the glorious occasion. 2012 is going to be a wonderful year for our country.

heather

Berlin

Quote from: Alexandra123 on April 12, 2009, 03:29:18 PM
I am glad they have already started planning the celebrations that will mark the glorious occasion. 2012 is going to be a wonderful year for our country.

And hopefully a more prosperous one (and my country too).

Windsor

Indeed, God Save The Queen! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can also confirm that Canada, Australia and Jamaica have started planning their Diamond Jubilee celebrations too.

Alexandra123

Quote from: BerlinAnd hopefully a more prosperous one (and my country too).
Indeed, let's hope 2012 is going to be a better year then 2008 and 2009 (so far).

Thank you for the information, Windsor!
New Zealand will start the planning by the end of this year. And if they need over 2 years for the preparations, it is going to be a spectacular display indeed.

Stix Chix

exciting! :bday3:  shame we have to wait so long for it to happen! :laugh:

Harryite #0004

Alexandra123

But there are some other exiting events before the grand occasion. Personally I am waiting forward to Prince Philip's 90th Birthday celebrations in June 2011; here is a hope that the scale of celebrations will reflect the magnificent work the Duke of Edinburgh has been doing for so many years.

heather

The Duke of Edinburgh is not appreciated as he should be, he is an amazing man, a man of many talents and a great athlete in his time, he would have made an exceptional Prince Consort.

You  only have have to look at The Princess Royal to see her Father, hard working, no nonsense, down to earth and very respectful of HM The Queen.

He is a delight to meet in person.