Lord Frederick Windsor engaged

Started by Alexandra123, February 15, 2009, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra123

Thank you to Sana for providing the link and originally posting the news in the Five years later the wait continues.....W & K's "romance" part VIII thread.

Freddie Windsor to marry actress

The son of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent is to marry his actress girlfriend, Kensington Palace has said.
Lord Frederick Windsor, 29, proposed to Sophie Winkleman, 28, on St Valentine's Day and the couple are to wed later this year.

Emme

How will the RF cotton to the fact that Sophie is an actress?  Just curious.

Alexandra123

Freddie is too down in the line of the succession for the Royal Family to truly care. In any case, Sophie doesn't seem to have any particularly embarrassing roles both on stage and in her film appearances (although I am not exactly familiar with her acting career), so I don't think that will pose a problem.

I believe Sophie will also be the first Jewish member of the Royal Family.

brittanylala

Congratulations to the happy couple :)

princessoctavia

Her half sister is the tv presenter Claudia Winkleman.

serene grace

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

angieuk

As far as this encouraging William to name the day ... William is his own man and a 100 Royal Wedding announcements won't change his stance one bit if he is not interested in getting married.  There is nothing of course to also stop him doing a 'Prince Albert if he wants to either.  I suspect this latest announcement won't may a bit of difference to William if he wants to remain single for the forseeable future.

But who knows with William ... he can still spring a surprise so long as it is on his terms either with Kate or a bolt of lightening if he meets someone new that knocks him off his feet .. or may be Kate is that one?

jolina

william will marry kate when he become 28 or 29 years old.beleive me

Kuei Fei

Either that or become a [Admin Edit] homosexual or marry a corgie. I wouldn't blame him a bit!

Lady_In_Waiting

^ Well there will come a day when we get a senior royal who is homosexual, history has shown Kings who were rumoured to be homosexual, inc Edward II, Richard I and some say James I. Who knows maybe one day that'll happen. Would be interesting to see how the Royals handle it.

Since Freddie is marrying his fiancee at 29, Peter married at 30 so maybe that'll be when Wills finally makes his move. But the impression I'm getting is at the minute he's trying to distance himself as far away from marriage as possible.

angieuk

The new bride to me does look a lot like Kate ... Frederick proposed after only 2 years.

I expect Zara will be next unless she decides not to for a few more years.

William and Kate ... goodness knows everyone is focusing on 2010 but I won't be a bit surprised if that comes and goes without any firm commitment from William.  I believe Kate would have married William in a heartbeat years ago but he was not willing to propose.

Poor Kate always the bridesmaid ... never the bride!  I know Kate could move on but move on to where if William is the love of her life.  Maybe she is not as strong as Chelsy.

Monika

Good luck to the happy couple, but what does this have to do with the Kate thread?    ???   It just seems to be another reason to bash her, IMO.    :blah:

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

Lady_In_Waiting

^ I was wondering that myself, hmm. There is another thread based on this anyway in the 'other members of the British Royal Family' thread so I'm going to try and merge the two.

angieuk

The new royal bride to be looks a lot like Kate which is why there might be similarities to discuss.  No one from what I can see is bashing anyone just having a general discussion as far as I can tell.  When the new royal bride gets her own thread I am sure we will post there.

angieuk

Kate

Quote from: Kuei Fei on February 16, 2009, 12:27:10 PM
Either that or become a flaming homosexual or marry a corgie. I wouldn't blame him a bit!

:yay: :lmao:
very good!!  Thanks for the laugh.... :thumbsup:

fawbert

Quote from: Emme on February 15, 2009, 04:00:27 PM
How will the RF cotton to the fact that Sophie is an actress?  Just curious.

She isn't the first actress to mary a descendant of the House of Windsor. The Queen's first cousin, Gerald Lascelles married TWO actresses - Angela Dowding and Elizabeth Collingwood.

The Hon James Lascelles, another royal cousin is married to Joy Elias-Rilwan, an actress.

==
Fawbert

Arubiina

I wonder what Princess Michael really think of this union. I always expected Lord Frederic to marry a member of an "old money" family at least. I dare to presume that a bohemian profession such as acting is Princess Michael's cup of tea. On a brighter note, I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriela at the wedding because she makes public appearances seldom nowadays.

Melody

It should be interesting to see who shows up for the wedding. I would love to see William and Harry if possible the Queen herself, but I doubt any of them will show for minor wedding. I always had that feeling that Freddy might be marrying soon, but Zara would have walked down the aisle before him. I can't wait this wedding.

Lady_In_Waiting

If any of the admins are around or mods of this board. You may want to merge this thread with the other one. I am unable to do it myself as I don't moderate this part of the forum. Ta.  :thumbsup:

Arubiina

I do not expect senior royals to be present. Children of Princess Anne, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugine, and Earl and Countess of Wessex may be.  If there are any Hello! deals/spreads/photoshoot involved, the aforementioned royals may also be unable to attend this joyous event due to various reasons. Of course, we can pleasantly be surprised ... Let us see ...

Lucy

This will be a beautiful wedding ! I like the Michael Kents' children and like their Kent cousins even better.
Don't think her profession shall be a problem since many of Charles and Camilla's closest friends are in show business, from Joanna Lumley to Stephen Fry.
DIANISTA # 1

fawbert

The Queen attended Frederick's christening. I suppose some senior royals will be present at the nuptials (private chapel at Kensington Palace - or the Chapel Royal at St James's Palace (where he was baptised)?.

Freddie's godmother (and aunt), Princess Alexandra will no doubt be there.
Fawbert