Sunny von Buow former wife of Pr. Alfred of Auersperg is Dead

Started by serene grace, December 06, 2008, 10:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serene grace

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/74565/Sunny-von-Bulow-dead-after-coma

QuoteShe married His Serene Highness Prince Alfred of Auersperg, an Austrian tennis instructor, on July 20, 1957. They had two children, Annie-Laurie ("Ala") and Alexander Georg (who personally uses the surname Auersperg, without the "von"). Sunny and Alfred were divorced in 1965. At this time, Sunny's net worth was valued over US$75 million.

On June 6, 1966, Sunny married Claus von Bülow, and they had a daughter, Cosima von Bülow, in 1967. By 1980, significant stresses and tensions had developed in their marriage. An episode of confusion and impairment in April 1980 was evaluated in the hospital, reportedly with confirmation of a diagnosis of "reactive hypoglycemia". Because of the increased marital tensions between Claus and Sunny in the fall of 1980, her children were suspicious that her brain injury was the result of attempted murder by Claus. Sunny's two eldest children persuaded Richard H. Kuh, the former New York County District Attorney, to investigate the possibility Claus had tried to murder their mother. After accumulating some evidence, Rhode Island prosecutors were persuaded to present the evidence to a grand jury, and in July 1981, Claus was charged with two counts of attempted murder   

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Princess H

A sad, sad story. I wonder what happened to Cosima von Bulow. I mean what her life is like now, I presume she was raised by her father. He didn't go to prison?

serene grace

She married Aristocracy,  a Count she lives in London, (so does her father)
She has three children with the Count. She now uses her husbands last name. I guess she is a Countess, maybe Fawbert would know?

In 1996 von Bülow married Count Riccardo Pavoncelli, they live in London and have three children, Nicolas, Marina, and Antonia. ...
Wikipedia.
From the Peerage Page:
Cosima von Bulow
b. April 1967

Cosima von Bulow|b. Apr 1967||Claus von Bulow|b. 11 Aug 1926||Martha Crawford|b. 1 Sep

Last Edited=4 May 2006
     Cosima von Bulow was born in April 1967.1 She is the daughter of Claus von Bulow and Martha Crawford.1 She married Count Riccardo Pavoncelli in 1996.     From 1996, her married name became Pavoncelli.2
Children of Cosima von Bulow and Count Riccardo Pavoncelli
Nicolas Pavoncelli b. 19982
Marina Gaetana Pavoncelli b. 20 Jun 20002
Antonia Carolina Pavoncelli b. 23 Nov 20052
http://www.thepeerage.com/p14794.htm

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Princess H

How interesting! A count and lives in London with her family all sounds very good. Thanks for finding that information, I enjoyed reading it.

serene grace

I use to see her walking around NY in the early 90's probably just before she moved to London, or maybe she came back and forth at that time, but she really did look like a Princess, she was tall, a lovely figure, elegant.   

Princess H

That is even more interesting, I'll look for a photo, now I want to see what see looks like.

serene grace

http://www.vonbulow.com/casamir%20och%20claus%20von%20Bulow%20x.jpg

She looks like her dad in that photo wow. I think she looks way better in person.

I've seen her in Tatler from time to time, but not sure when the last time I saw her was in a magazine.

The mansion Sunny lived in was used for the movie Grace Kelly made called High Society.

QuoteMrs. von Bülow acquired a Newport estate, Clarendon Court, a 23-room Georgian mansion on 10 acres overlooking the sea. Mrs. von Bülow had the huge lawn lowered 17 feet to improve the view of the ocean.

The house had been the setting for the 1956 musical "High Society," starring Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/07/nyregion/07vonbulow.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&hp

Princess H

Thanks for the photo. She really does look like her father. I think she is attractive in a preppy, upper East Side kind of way.

serene grace

plattenchant

I was so sad to hear about her death - SG do you happen to know any other details about funeral arrangements and such?
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

serene grace

Just saw this today, it's going to be in NYC and Cosima will go to the husband with her husband, Count Riccardo Pavoncelli.

-
QuoteThe Telegraph
Claus von Bulow will not attend former wife Sunny von Bulow's funeral
-Mandrake

Cosima, the daughter that Claus had by Sunny, will however be attending the funeral with her husband, Riccardo Pavoncelli, an Italian count. She tells me that she understands her father's decision and that his presence could exacerbate the "media intrusion".

Sunny died in a New York nursing home on Saturday at the age of 76 after spending 28 years in a coma. A spokesman for the von Bulow family says there will be a service for family and friends in New York City "in the coming days."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mandrake/3684445/Claus-von-Bulow-will-not-attend-former-wife-Sunny-von-Bulows-funeral.html

plattenchant

C. S. Lewis

serene grace

plattenchant

Your welcome serene grace  Sunny Von Bulow Burial Saint Mary's Episcopal Churchyard Portsmouth Newport County Rhode Island, USA
C. S. Lewis

plattenchant

C. S. Lewis