Prince Andrew's ex Koo Stark is homeless and broke

Started by mediastar, September 28, 2008, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediastar

Mail

QuoteFor Koo Stark, it is the latest extraordinary episode in a life filled with drama.

Earlier this month she was made homeless after being ordered to leave the flat she had been renting. So the former girlfriend of Prince Andrew responded in typical style – by checking herself and her 11-year-old daughter Tatiana into a luxury hotel where she has now run up a bill totalling thousands of pounds.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

drezzle

When it gets to this point, it reflects badly on Prince Andrew.  He needs to put a cover over this.  This applies to any extremely wealthy person who has a famous connection (good -- as in family or friend) to someone else. 

I remember Trump in some interview once saying he's always their for his friends, even when they screw up.  I don't like his politics, but ya gotta like the man.

Unfortunately, Obama should use some his 10s of millions he collects every month for his campaign to cover his butt in Kenya with his relatives.   This reflects so badly on him.

Another situation that comes to mind is Marina Moffitt (sp?).  She was destitute and living in council housing and decided to go public with it BEFORE her ignorant family decided to put a lid on it.  That one incident has left a sour note for ever after for not only her mother, Princess Alexandra, but also her godfather and cousin, Prince Charles.  They should never have let it go this far with any close relative -- or a closer friend, such as Koo.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Rasta Watermelon

It's rather eerie it's like looking at ones future..... :kate:

Kate and Koo look very similiar. :faint1:

drezzle

Oh my, I had not even thought of that.  What if some day 20 years from now, there's pictures of Kate homeless, with a child in BIG boots, no longer stylish.  Would that change your opinion of her old "Love" Prince William?
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Rasta Watermelon

No not really.... They the press thought Koo would marry Andrew though.

Monika

Quote...
"It is believed Tatiana's father, Warren Walker, a multi-millionaire American banker who is an heir to the Forbes publishing and shipping fortune, has reluctantly agreed to meet some of the costs."

No, she doesn't have to stay at an expensive hotel, but this is sad. 

And Prince Andrew is her daughter's godfather???  Hmmm...  Perhaps he could forego a flight or two and do something for the girl.     

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

Arubiina

Right you are Monika noting that Ms.Stark should not stay at an expensive hotel. If she is financially ruined, it would be more expedient to stay at a place she can afford. People may sympathise with her because of her disease. At the same time, most people are likely to find it hard to have any sympathy for Ms. Stark's plight due to her poor decision to deliberately live beyond her means. As the proverb runs it, "Stretch your legs according to the coverlet". Why is her father so reluctant to help her out?

drezzle

Maybe she stayed at this expensive hotel because they knew her and so would accept her without question.  The cheaper hotels that didn't know her would have turned her away if she had no money.

Monika

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

Arubiina

I also see your point, drezzle... but I think that loosing face publicly is far more humiliating than quietly living in a more affordable residence, while trying to resolve issues.

serene grace

QuoteIt is believed Tatiana's father, Warren Walker, a multi-millionaire American banker who is an heir to the Forbes publishing and shipping fortune, has reluctantly agreed to meet some of the cost
She has been locked in a long-running court battle with her former fiance since their split in 1999. In 2000, she sued Mr Walker for punitive damages for emotional distress after allegedly discovering he had become engaged to a former girlfriend at the same time as he was betrothed to her.

He reportedly also called off their wedding ten days before the ceremony, when former actress Miss Stark was seven-and-a-half months pregnant.

Miss Stark has never spoken about the details of their on-going dispute, but she has said that all the money she made during her second career as a successful photographer has been used up in lawyers' fees. DMail   

:kate: Her former fiancee and the father of her child is a Forbes a heir to Billion$, I think the family will pay her debts just to keep this from going further in the press, with sit down magazine interviews, tv interviews etc. I wonder why the father of her child(Warren Walker) is not monetarily caring for the child and putting a roof over his childs head. I don't understand Why Koo was not rewarded some type of home and substantial child support from the Forbes heir-fiancee, until the child is through college, University?
Isn't Forbes and American, I can't understand how US Courts let him off the hook concerning providing for his child, this is usually not done in US with these high profile cases ,the children are financially cared for and the mother has a roof over her head paid for. I wonder who her lawyers were and where her court case was, concerning paternity and financial support.  :cry:

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Kate

That article also stated Koo was engaged to this Walker, and he backed out of the wedding 10 days prior to the event while Koo was 7-1/2 month pregnet... Koo has sued, so where are her lawyers and why isn't money forthcoming from this man!! As Prince Andrew is the girls God Father, he should give some money to help , IMO. It doesn't have to be millions, but at least help find a decent place to live... I'm sure his mother and brother have plenty of empty places...
The same article states that she looks as if she put on weight and bloated because of the chemo for her cancer...
I hope this guy feels his neck... He has a child and obviously he is not supporting her!!!
I think there must be more to this.... :mellow:
I always liked Koo Stark...I feel she got the short end of the stick back then when dating Andrew...

Serene Grace -  I don't think that is her style to do TV interviews and give the media a story... at least based on the fact she kept her own council through the Andrew years....

drezzle

There may not be more to this.  When a man has enough money to hide his assets and still hire the best lawyers money can buy, then if he can do whatever he likes, and if that means not paying child support or continuously filing for full custody rights, then that is the way it is.  This isn't well publicized since family court records are usually sealed from the public.

Lila the Flirt

Quote from: Kezza on September 28, 2008, 11:26:38 AM
It's rather eerie it's like looking at ones future..... :kate:

Kate and Koo look very similiar. :faint1:

Esp the first picture eh?

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

serene grace

I've always felt Kate had a similar look to Koo.

I don't think Kate's mother though would ever let her daughter end up like this. Kate will probably marry a wealthy Aristo if William doesn't fold and marry her.
Also Kate's family will make sure their children(Kate, James,Pippa) are all set up very well if something happens to them.

I am watching a movie called Sarah and Andrew on video, I think Koo behaved well after the break up I agree I don;t think she would do interviews, but she's desperate and she needs to probably play hardball with this Forbe man and squeezse some money out of him.
I think Koo should have done her Court battle in the US if she could have with this Forbes guy, because no way he'd want all the press. I'm not sure how she handled this whole thing, but it's sad to see her like this. She has his child, I think she's entitled to child support. I feel so bad for her.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

mclarek

Quote from: Kate on September 29, 2008, 12:27:59 AMI always liked Koo Stark...I feel she got the short end of the stick back then when dating Andrew
..which was well before crotch shots and raunchy behavior became acceptable.

I'll bet there are a few unresolved court issues which linger over custody and support.  I wonder if the Hotel room is in Tatiana's name?

serene grace

I knew she'd give an interview.
I think next she'll do a HELLO spread "(and get paid I hope.)
I don't really mind her doing interviews if she has no other way to get help or assistance.
I feel bad for her.