Star speaks of Five Year Romance with Pr. Edward

Started by serene grace, August 17, 2008, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serene grace

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/2571739/West-End-star-speaks-of-her-love-for-Prince-Edward.html

Henshall talks candidly about her five-year relationship with the Prince on today's edition of BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs.

The mother-of-two, who has starred in a string of hits including Cats, Chicago, Miss Saigon and Les Miserables – tells how she used to enjoy family meals with the Queen and other members of the Royal Family. She admits the relationship with Edward broke down because of the pressures of her own career.

"It [the relationship] was on and off really," she said. "Solidly for a couple of years and then on and off for five in all. We couldn't quite let go. I went there [Buckingham Palace] a lot. I did because he lived there. It makes me laugh. I used to say I am going to my boyfriend's. No one knew who he was. It was exciting but I genuinely fell in love with him. I was getting smuggled in there [the Palace] in my own car. It didn't make me nervous who he was."

The Olivier Award-winning star said the Royal Family were perfectly normal when out of the public spotlight. "I met them all. What I found was a lovely family.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/2571739/West-End-star-speaks-of-her-love-for-Prince-Edward.html

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

wannable

How interesting, didn't even know that P. Edward had her before Sophie !

Monika

That is interesting... 

And it's nice to know that "paranoid" (NOT my word!) Diana wasn't the only royal to have someone smuggled into her residence, especially since Edward was a free man back then.  :) 

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

Rasta Watermelon

I thought the relationship lasted on and off for about two years not five years? Although I have read from sources that when he first met Sophie both of them were in a relationship at the time, and both ended their relationships soon after to start seeing one another. I think the woman he was seeing was the woman in this article, and I think he started seeing her from 1988 onwards so if it ended in say 1993. The I suppose it could been a 5 year on and off relationship?

Also from Sophie's kiss I read when he first met sophie at the tornament the paps took a pic of him and Ruthie not knowing their relationship was over or just about over, and the author of the book saying looking back at it, Edward and Sophie picture would of been the bigger pic to have taken.

Also if she was smuggled in I read this in a book about Edward was because she must of been a serious part of his life back then. He tended to smuggle if we are to use that word his real girlfriend in because he was scared of the press finding out or ruining his relationship with his girlfriend.

Prince Edward is very wary of the press, and I have read when he goes into "pompous" mode in regards to it, you have to take it seriously with him.

Why is this being brought up now? He is a happily married man, and happy with Sophie and his two kids. I guess news must be slow, because it really doesn't reveal anything.

serene grace

I think it's interesting hat the press spouts U-KNOW-WHO's importance because she supposedly has met the Queen and here we have a woman who Edward did not get engaged to or marry and she says she met all of them and had dinner with them several times over the five year relationship.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Rasta Watermelon

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4548774.ece

Yes I agree SG :) I think Sophie did more with his family before marraige also going on what I have read from Sophie's Kiss. I think family is very important to Edward more so with his parents, because both his parents share a real sense of warmth with him. I notice that his wife is also very close to his parents too.

I read that he and Sophie are good friends with her. I have pic of him and Ruthie just before his wedding to Sophie, she was a guest at the wedding. She is playing a violin and he is watching her play, you can see the real warmth between the two, don't think we should be worried though, because Edward I believe has more morals and b*lls than older brother Charles.

Rasta Watermelon

Actually this story is about 3 or 4 years old, because I remember reading this in the mirror archives a few months ago. :shrug:

serene grace

I remember reading it once too. I think she recently gave an interview on the radio though, so she was asked about it and discussed the relationship.

QuoteHenshall talks candidly about her five-year relationship with the Prince on today's edition of BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs.
By Chris Hastings, Arts and Media Editor
Last Updated: 9:00AM BST 17 Aug 2008

Rasta Watermelon

Thanks SG.

The Sunday Express has ran with this story also and said the relationship started in 1990 and stopped until 1995. Basically it's trying to say that Edward was doing the dirty on Sophie with Ruthie for 2 years which I find as being a load of bulls*it. From what I have read on how Sophie and Edward met his relationship with Ruthie was just about over, and when he and Sophie started dating it was over. According to sources also Edward & Sophie were living together at BP by 1995 onwards?

Looking at the body language between Edward & Sophie, and looking and seeing at how strong their relationship is, I am not sure Edward has even cheated on Sophie?

Then again after reading Sophie's Kiss it revealed that when Edward was dating Sophie the press tried to make out Sophie was cheating on Edward. With that story with the quickie in the garden shed with someone, and the outrageous story with if you know the sport cricket is. The press tried to make out that Sophie was having an affair with Steve Waugh the famous Australian Cricket, and the press even camped out in front of Steve Waugh's place and Steve Waugh's wife came out and told the press to xxxx off!

Rasta Watermelon

Rasta Watermelon

found it from the Express sorry for the double post timed out. Don't know if the mods want to clean this up?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/57278/I-loved-my-job-more-than-Prince-Edward

QuoteThe Prince and the showgirl met in 1990 and were together "on and off for five years", she said.

I'm guessing this is a mistake from the Express coz somehow I cannot see Edward doing the dirty on Sophie in the early stages of their relationship and getting away with it, and not have it known about until many years latter if it was indeed true?

Given the fact the press were all over the Windsor's because of the drama that went on with Charles/Diana/Camilla and Andrew/Fergie and her two American lovers in the early 1990's the divorces etc. So I believe if he had been seeing two woman at the same time back then it would of leaked out to the press back then.

Also if he had I don't think he would be married to Sophie at all, because I get the impression from what i've read of their early years of their relationship given the dramas being created by his brother's and ex-spouses. Sophie was quite insecure and with good reason, and somehow I can't see Edward doing that to her, given the love both he and Sophie share for one another before marriage and is still there today in marriage.

So i'm guessing either the Express has gotten the time frame wrong or one of his ex girlfriends is distorting the truth to just how long that relationship lasted. Or Edward did do the dirty on Sophie early on in their relationship, which for the very reason's I stated above I find it very hard to believe, because I don't think it's something he could of gotten away with and not be known by the press. Given the press were on his family like a rash, because of all the dramas that went on during the 1992-1997 period.

I know I'm biased when it comes to Edward & Sophie and I did met them both in March 1994 in Australia at my School  and in the early stages of their relationship. The both of them looked very much like a couple who were in love with one another, you could tell with the little glances they were given one another when they thought no-one was looking.

Rasta Watermelon

Quote from: serene grace on August 18, 2008, 07:10:10 AM
I remember reading it once too. I think she recently gave an interview on the radio though, so she was asked about it and discussed the relationship.

Being doing a bit of digging found these two article about her talking about her relationship with Prince Edward from about 5 years ago. Sounds like his ex girlfriend has had a real tough time of it. :cry: 

Also her story has changed slightly now comparing what she has about her relationship with Prince Edward about 5 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-183114/Ruthies-troubled-past.html

http://www.hoffmaninstitute.org/interviews-articles/articles/timeslondon_0503.html

fawbert

Quote from: wannabe on August 17, 2008, 03:31:19 PM
How interesting, didn't even know that P. Edward had her before Sophie !

Well, he had lengthy affairs with Katie Rabett and Georgia May.
Fawbert

Rasta Watermelon

yeah he had a few girlfriends before he met Sophie and even before he met Ruthie. They didn't last long because of the press intrusion into their lives. From what i've read Ruthie was his first serious girlfriend and his longest relationship prior to Sophie which lasted for 2 years 1990 to 1992 and he was sort of still seeing Ruthie up until 1993 from what I have read, and he was happy to still be sort of still seeing her, but was waiting for the right woman to come along. Which she did in late 1993 when he met Sophie.

Going on what i've read here  maybe it took Ruthie a lot longer to get over Prince Edward, than what it did for Prince Edward to get over Ruthie.

They were friends still after he fell for Sophie in 1993. She was even invited to the wedding in 1999. Is she still friends with them I don't know, because I don't think Prince Edward likes it when people speak to the press about what he gets up to in his life.

Rasta Watermelon

Well Richard Kay is at it again. :sigh:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1047119/Two-Jags-wont-leap-Lords.html

QuoteWhy Ruthie wasn't Edward's first lady

Leading lady: Ruthie Henshall
Musical star Ruthie Henshall wasn't quite Prince Edward's first amour, despite the on-off relationship the couple had in the Nineties. That accolade, I can reveal, goes to husky-voiced BBC reporter Liz MacKean.

The pair, both keen thespians, became involved during their time at Gordonstoun. Edward played opposite the Newsnight correspondent in a school production of Peter Shaffer's Black Comedy.

"Being in rehearsals and acting all the time led to Liz and Edward getting very close," I am told. "It was fairly serious for a bit."

Apropos Ruthie, her claim that she and Edward had a five-year relationship suggests there must have been quite an overlap with the Prince's pursuit of Sophie Rhys-Jones, now his wife.

The couple started dating in 1993, but Ms Henshall says she and Edward were seeing each other until 1995.

Is it time we reappraised Edward's position as the most sensitive of the Queen's children?

Well.....

serene grace

Rasta Watermelon

Probably a slow news day, but I think it also hints to the fact his EX isn't a friend of Pr Edward or even Sophie's no more. She was at the wedding in 1999 and was said to have said " you can tell the two of them are in love".

I don't think she has gotten over Edward as much or as soon as Edward got over her.  :P

Kate

All I can say is "WHEW!!.. He had affairs with lovely woman and NOT lovely men..
I think if you all reread the last pharagraph of Richard Kay's, there is  a message there..

I have always liked this couple. I didn't know about these other ladies in his life but am glad they have surfaced!!When ever there have been hints that "a royal is gay", or anything nearing that subject and mentioning a Royal, I have to admit that Edward came to mind. Now , after reading these links and news items, feel much much better that it was NOT Edward. I have always liked him.....and Sophie as well..!

Rasta Watermelon

Haha Kate never believed for one moment he was gay either. I think Richard Kay is trying to say something in that last paragrph also. I don't think he believe Ruthie's claims in her recent interview just going by the tone of that paragraph. Looking at the Daily Mail article from 5 years ago her story about her relationship was different to now this one, and she claims she and Edward were very much in love etc, and she didn't want to betray him by talking about their relationship that went on for two years. In the older DM article she goes on to talking about losing a baby and then how easy it was for her to concieve after losing that baby, and other various things going in on her life.

The last sentence of Richard Kay about Edward being the sensitive one, is that a reference to people thinking he was gay? Or a reference to the fact that Pr Edward and Sophie were friends with Ruthie, and for what ever reasons are no longer friends? If they are not friends with her they must have their reasons?

Going on this latest claims by his ex-girlfriend I don't think they are? And reading what she has said I believe she has never got over Edward, and maybe jealous of the fact he met and fell for Sophie in late 1993. When maybe she had ideas of her and Edward getting back together again in 1993 after they broke up in 1992. It never happened because of the fact that the woman he did end up meeting became his wife, and she was and still is jealous of that fact?

I don't know just making a guess and what I have read of what his EX girlfriend has to say now and in the past, about PR Edward. It's hard to tell if she is telling the truth or making things up here?

Monika

I don't know ladies...I'm not as convinced.  There are people who enjoy tea AND coffee.  :)

And I don't say that to be judgmental or to suggest that Edward has been anything but a faithful husband and devoted father. 

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

Rasta Watermelon

What that he may be gay Monika?......I know there are those who still believe that he is.

serene grace

Quote from: Monika on August 20, 2008, 11:42:12 PM
I don't know ladies...I'm not as convinced.  There are people who enjoy tea AND coffee.  :)
:lmao: :D :D :D :chuckle:

Quote from: Monika on August 20, 2008, 11:42:12 PM
And I don't say that to be judgmental or to suggest that Edward has been anything but a faithful husband and devoted father. 

I think he's a good family man and loyal to Sophie, but there will always be rumours, of course.
Remember Sophie did the Interview for News Of The World saying "My Ed's Not Gay"!

QuoteIn 2001 the countess was recorded making indiscreet remarks about several public figures by an undercover tabloid reporter.

She then gave a newspaper interview in which she spoke about her husband's sexuality, stating "my Edward's not gay".  :cry:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3003397.stm

Monika

Quote from: serene grace on August 21, 2008, 12:27:03 AM
Remember Sophie did the Interview for News Of The World saying "My Ed's Not Gay"!

Yes, I remember, and I thought she brought even more attention to the issue by making that statement.     

serene grace

It was a deal made, a dumb deal,(made between Sophie and Edward's  Palace handlers to divert attention from the shiek scandal) which really only just made it worse.  I remember her saying something also about "Screaming it from the Rooftops!"

But I do adore Sophie and Edward, my favorite Royal couple.  :hug:  :Royal: :wed:

Rasta Watermelon

They are my Favourite Royal Couple too, and in a way it's a shame Edward it's HM eldest son, because of his solid marriage. I think he would make a good King and Sophie would be good consort also.

I don't believe he is gay, and  i believe he is a devoted father to his two children, and very faithful to Sophie before and after marriage.