HOW QUEEN MUM WAS MOCKED BY MARGARET

Started by drezzle, June 20, 2008, 03:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezzle

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

sandy

Another vulture writes a book to make money by trashing a dead woman.

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Miss Scarlett

It does seem like Margaret had an attitude problem and entitlement complex...

sandy

I think the dead should be allowed to rest in peace. HOw do we know how much this is true unless we were there. I will be avoiding this book. And if Snowdon is a source he has an axe to grind against his ex. They didn't part amicably.

koolkat

Quote from: sandy on June 20, 2008, 08:19:38 PM
Another vulture writes a book to make money by trashing a dead woman.
actually its women not woman.
Quotewhom she called, in less than aristocratic fashion, "Mum".
theres an aristocratic way of saying mom?

sandy

Charles calls his mother Mummy. The boys called Diana Mummy. Just what is the "aristocratic way.?" Mother Dearest  or something like that?

koolkat

colinwatkins

Quote from: sandy on June 25, 2008, 01:42:46 AM
Charles calls his mother Mummy. The boys called Diana Mummy. Just what is the "aristocratic way.?" Mother Dearest  or something like that?

I always thought that the term most often used in those circles was 'mater'.

koolkat

colinwatkins

Mater and pater (Latin for mother and father); almost certainly taught still at Eton.

koolkat

^oh. i thought it was the cars character. :blond: or mate-r. maybe they might call the mom, mere  :shrug: how do you say dad in french?

Scarlet Flowers

Quote from: colinwatkins on June 25, 2008, 01:00:20 PM
Mater and pater (Latin for mother and father); almost certainly taught still at Eton.

That's interesting.  Thanks for the information.:)
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Kate

Although the Queen Mother is lauded for her role and grannie description, it is my own personal opinion that she was not such "an old dear", as the monarchy try to make her. I believe she was controlling and manipulative and that is why she and Camilla got along so well! She was  a strong woman who held the control in the family...very cunning as well...

Regarding her clothing line.. I would agree with Margaret about her Mother's style..She could have dressed in a less frilly manner.. IMO

Lila the Flirt

Quote from: koolkat on June 25, 2008, 06:31:14 PM
how do you say dad in french?

père

They should really stop with all these books. These people aren't alive to defend themselves

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

koolkat

^oki thanx!
about the book thing... i agree with you, plus the living relatives dont really defend the dead considering the books IMO. but maybe they're being quite for a reason :shrug: you know how people get more info when you try to defend something? guess thats their reason, but thats just MO.

lilibet80

The Queen Mother dressed in a way that was comfortable for her.  When Princess Margaret took exception to her mother's clothes the Queen Mother would laugh and tell her to buy her another dress if she did not like what she wearing.  She may have been frilly and feathery, but if it is true that she had a colostomy she had to be loose and comfortable.  As far as being manipulative and cunning, that probably goes with the territory of being royal.  She certainly had a lot of loyal friends who loved her, no matter how manipulative, cunning or frilly she was.  I think she was wonderful!

GreenLily

Oh for goodness' sake!!!  :gaah:
Yet another 'mountain-out-of-a-molehill' story. How many mothers and daughters don't quibble over certain things, fashion especially and sometimes how to run the home. It doesn't imply rudeness or disrespect. :thumbsdown: