Chelsy Davy: FAQ's and Pictures

Started by Wombat, May 12, 2006, 07:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wombat

Please note ~ As there has been no official announcement about the relationship of Chelsy Davy and Prince Harry, not all information in the following FAQ's could be substantiated.  This information has been sourced from many different areas. Also, not all information available is true and therefore people should use a certain degree of caution when reading anything that has not been released officially.

Chelsy Davy

Name:
Chelsy Yvonne Davy (Yvonne, after her paternal grandmother)

Date Of Birth:
13th October, 1985.

Education:
Chelsy attended Carmel Primary School and Girls College in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.  She was also a boarder at the UK schools Cheltenham Ladies College (or possibly Cheltenham College ) before attending Stowe School.

Chelsy studied Commerce at Cape Town University, in South Africa (although its believed she may have also studied Politics and Economics as well).  After sitting her finial exams in late November, Chelsy earned an excellent 65% out of a possible 75% in her Commerce degree.  She graduated in early December but did not attend the ceremony, choosing instead to spend the day with her family.  It has also been reported recently that Chelsy has been accepted into Bristol University and that she will undertake a postgraduate degree in Politics.

Chelsy's Family Life:
Chelsy is the eldest of two children.  She has a younger brother Shaun (born 1986), who wass also a student at Cape Town University.

Her parents are Charles and Beverley Davy.

Her father Charles owns a profitable wild game safari business in the Lemco district of southern Zimbabwe ~ called HHK Safaris.  He has been linked to the Zimbabwean president and others within his government and has come under scrutiny for alleged corrupt business dealings.

Charles's mother, Yvonne died in 1996 in a car accident but his father, Tony still lives and resides in South Africa, with Charles supporting him.

Her mother Beverley is a former Miss Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and a model who appeared in Coca Cola advertisements. Charles and Beverley were married in 1981 when Chelsy's mother was 22.

Before her marriage Beverley was known as Beverley Donald. Her family are former farmers from Yeadon in Zimbabwe's northern region. They were forced off their farm in 2002 when the Mugabe regime aquired the land under the governments policy of "land resumption". Chelsy's maternal grandparents are Fay and George Donald and she has an uncle called Ian Donald who is a businessman in Grahamstown, Zimbabwe.

All in all, the Davy family is said to be close.  Chelsy is often pictured with her brother Shaun or mother Beverley.

Where Does Chelsy live?:
While studying at CTU Chelsy lived for the most part in a 3-bedroom home she shared with her brother (also a Cape Town University student) and occasionally their mother in the Newlands district of Cape Town.  After Chelsy graduated they moved out and house was out up for sale.  Chelsy's other home is the family's luxury apartment in Durban. 

Modeling:
Chelsy was once pictured on a swing in Country Life magazine when she was 18.  Other pictures of her modeling clothing have surfaced.  It was rumored Chelsy once had aspirations to be a famous model for a living but this has not been substantiated.

What is her connection to Prince Harry?:
Chelsy Davy has been linked romantically to Prince Harry since 2004 when they met in Argentina while Harry was on his Gap Year.  It has been rumoured that the couple may have known each other previously through their various friends at Stowe, Cheltenham and Eton.

It is also thought that they might have begun their romance in the summer of 2004 when Harry was in Africa as part of his Gap Year.

Although there has not been any "official" confirmation of their relationship, Prince Harry lovingly referred to Chelsy as "amazing" in his 21st birthday interview. He went on to say...

• My girlfriend is somebody who is very special to me and yes, she's gone through some very hard times.
  • I would love to tell everybody how amazing she is. But you know this is my private life and once I start talking about that, then I've left my own self open.
  • I get to see how upset she gets and I know the real her. Unfortunately, I can't turn to people and say, 'Listen, she's not like that, she's like this.'But it's part of the baggage that comes with me, and she understands that and my friends understand that as well.
So far both Chelsy and Harry seemed to have weathered many storms within their relationship.  There have been numerous negative stories about the pair and their commitment to each other.  They have successfully conducted a long distance relationship for the past 3/4 years. The pair have joined each other at every opportunity on holidays and special occasions and are said to be deeply in love.

What are Chelsy's interests?:
Apart from an obvious interest in Prince Harry, not much is known about Chelsy's private interests.  She enjoys traveling and was pictured skydiving in November 2005. She also enjoys keeping fit and is often seen at her local gym.  Chelsy is also known to enjoy the company of her many friends.

For more information on Chelsy Davy check out Chelsy on The Internet Forum. :woo:

You can also post any information, news or questions about Chelsy on the Chelsy Davy board.

Windsor

Wombat

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Stix Chix

Chelsy watching Harry play polo
July 15 06
1 with Zara and Kate
July 18th
July 30th

Harryite #0004

Wombat

Not much is known about her family other than what is published by the tabloid media. At best it's speculative, at worst it's just the usual negative blab we expect from Fleet Street.

These are the facts we do know...

Beverley (nee Donald), Charles & Shaun Davy

Beverley Davy...

Beverley was born 1958 to Fay & George Donald, farmers from north Zimbabwe at Yeadon. She has a brother called Ian Donald but it is not known if she has any other siblings. Beverley was born in Harare (formerly known as Salisbury). She was educated at Mabelreign Girls' High School in Harare and then worked as a model and receptionist at Gallo Records.

In the late 1970's Beverley won the coveted Miss Rhodesia title (Zimbabwe was formerly known as Rhodesia) and also appeared as the face of Coca Cola. Her face was seen on the sides of Coca Cola trucks and billboards all over the country.

Not much is known about how she and Charles Davy met, but they were married in 1981.

Beverley Davy inherited money from her grandmother, who reportedly owned huge chunks of Sandton (the financial and business centre of Johannesburg).

Charles Davy....

Charles Davy was born in Masvingo, 200km south of Harare, in 1951. He has 3 brothers. His mother Yvonne was killed in a car accident in 1996 and his father Tony lives in South Africa. It has been reported that Charles looks after his father and provides for him.

Charles was educated at the local high school in Masvingo.

Charles Davy was said to have lost money in his first ever business venture. He joined his father, who had made money in two hotels in Fort Victoria. Unfortunately for Davy, he didn't fair as well as his father. He then made his fortune through the viable and highly profitable cattle business as well as buying up huge tracks of land.

Charles owns a profitable wild game safari business in the Lemco district of southern Zimbabwe ~ called HHK Safaris.  He has been linked to the Zimbabwean president and others within his government and has come under scrutiny for alleged corrupt business dealings.

Charles Davy is said to be so rich and influential that he allows government ministers to use his safari lodges and fly in his private planes.

His land portfolio is said to be the biggest of any white landowner in Zimbabwe and perhaps even in the whole of Africa. The Davy family home is called Alco Twalame, overlooking the Lundi River. The home is said to be a landmark in the area, with it's luxury a rarity in this part of the world. He also owns Ripple Creek, Driehoek, Dyers Ranch and Mlelesi Ranch, all large farms of which only one has been taken over by the  government endorsed resumptions, leading to the speculation that Davy's interests have somehow been protected.

Charles Davy also owns various properties in Bulawayo, as well as the family home in Burnside where Chelsy and her brother Shaun were raised. The family also owns various properties within South Africa as well.

Shaun Davy....

Shaun is Chelsy's younger brother. He is currently studying at Cape Town University, although it is not known exactly what course he is doing, he is studing within the Faculty of Science at Cape Town University.

Stix Chix

sent in by *~Gem*Gems~*....

Cartier 2006

Click

Click

Click

Click

Polo 25th June 2006 (I'm not sure if it was the 25th or 15th).

Chelsy

Polo 16th July 2006

Click

Click

Click

Click

Click

Click

Click

Click

Click

Polo, 29th July 2006