Princess Beatrice and her boyfriend Dave Clark in St Barth.

Started by marine2109, April 27, 2008, 08:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopppyDaisy

Quote from: Princess H on May 01, 2008, 03:18:32 PM
^^^I agree!  When a person is photographed all the time, Beatrice does smile for the camera and appears to like the attention, there will be pressure to look your very best. I would suggest a personal trainer and a clothes shopper.

Her mother taught hr and her sister to always smile when there's a camera, because there are a lot of people worse off in the world then her so the very least she can do is look happy, it is not because she 'craves attention.

No Beatrice does not need a personal shopper. Fine her clothes might not be what you like, I like whats in the 'fashion' but if she likes to wear them if she feels happy in them she shouldn't have to have someone bossing her around telling her what to wear.

And if I hear one more person call her fat I will scream, she's got a gorgeous body with lovely curves. End off.

HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

heather

Bea has little fashion sense, or a clue as to what suits her body type...she does need a little help in that department.

She is a very attractive young woman, who needs to learn deportment and poise.

HM The Queen had to be taught too, don't forget.

Pri

:goodpost:

She said it!  It's the reason why people say she needs to lose weight.  She simply chooses the wrong things to wear and ends up looking portly.
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

drezzle

Maybe I'm not using your usual definition.  To me regal doesn't mean a particular attire or body-type, but it's all about ATTITUDE, and Bea has it.   :hehe:
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Pri

I actually I don't think her attitude is regal at all.  I think it's a positive attitude--she's fun, down to earth, generally cheerful....but not regal.  Not to me anyway.
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

drezzle

So what does regal mean to ya'll?   Haughty and reserved?  Serious?  I've heard regal applied to people like QEII and Queen Margarethe II of Denmark, so I came to think of regal as people who didn't give a fig how they looked, because they were above that concern.  Maybe I picked up the wrong definition by osmosis?

Nonetheless, I do admire how Beatrice was raised in that she is not self-conscious..........wish that was more the norm.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Pri

To me, it isn't haughty and reserved.  I just think it's more about confidence, being warm and open.  I also think that Bea does care about how she looks.  That's okay..I care about how I look too.  However, to me, Bea looks like she is going for a certain look and it's unbecoming on her.

I think she should reconsider the things she wears---not only for care's sake, but for fit's sake too.

Kuei Fei

I'm not saying she has to have hautuer, but a little self respect would be nice. She isn't doing anything to earn the respect and affection of the people who pay her bills. All people ask of their royals is that they be nice, decent, and earn their way by performing duties like the rest of the other royals. In essence, earn their way like everyone else. It's not asking much.

drezzle

Regal:  characteristic of, like, or fit for a monarch; splendid, stately, magnificent, etc.

Splendid, stately, magnificent?   Well, all that's in the eye of the beholder. 

Of course if it is defined by formal dress and jewels and a crown, then Beatrice wasn't regal. 

I still define it as a lack of self-consciousness -- or an assumption of inalienable right of self.   I don't see any lack of self-respect in Beatrice.  I still say she is totally regal, and she also looked like total crapola, but glory be, she couldn't care less what I think, even if she knew. 

As far as performing duties like everyone else, I suspect Beatrice would be more than willing, but the Palace hasn't given her permission to perform any duties on their behalf, and I doubt they want to.

Lillianna

A smashing good article related to the Princess Beatrice swimsuit photos and the Daily Mail's handling of it:

The ins and outs of real women and their curves - The Independent

QuoteWhen Princess Beatrice stepped out of an azure ocean in the Caribbean last week displaying a teeny-weeny blue bikini and an hourglass figure straight out of a Gok Wan naked makeover, not everyone was sisterly about the stunning contours on display.

The Daily Mail covered itself in a scabrous rash of articles about the 19-year-old princess. One called for the return of "the Victorian habit of descending fully clad into the surf from bathing machines". Another demanded that "someone buy the poor girl a sarong". A double-page spread lamented the "curse of the mummy gene" and eagerly looked forward to a royal diet.

That's what I saw when I looked at her as well: a stunning hourglass figure (never mind the thighs). When I was a little girl, that is what other little girls aspired towards - defined curves - breasts, a tiny waist and pleasingly shapely hips. And Beatrice has got it naturally. :). That Clark guy must be the envy of so many men!
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Mimi-chan

While I do not think Bea look terrible/obese/fat, I think she could have most definitely found a more flattering suit. If I had her body, I would choose a bikini top with a bit more support and for her thighs, one of those shorts-type bikini bottoms (which are very cute).

The thing about Bea is that she isn't stunning. By most standards, she is average/decent looking. But since she is photographed constantly, it would do her great good to find someone to help with clothes selection/toning up her body. I've always thought being in good shape and having the proper grooming (dressing for your body type, and not someone else's) can do wonders for a person's appearance, and elevate someone from ordinary to extraordinary.

Lastly, while I most definitely think there are many different, beautiful body types including Bea's (busty/curvacious), I hate it when women go on and on about how that's what every guy likes/every girl wants/how it's so stunning just because it's what's typically portrayed as unattractive in the media.
Like most East Asian girls (Oriental), I'm very slender and petite (think Kate Middleton without the height) and while I think it's great that everyone rallies around the fuller/curvier girls when they're criticised, I think it's unfair that usually people put down "skinny" figures as unattractive at the same time. And no one will ever stand up against it. It seems like just because being thin is praised in the media and curviness is not, everyone starts to insult being skinny (calling it unhealthy, anorexic, etc.).

sillyjobug

Quote from: Mimi-chan on May 18, 2008, 12:11:03 AM
While I do not think Bea look terrible/obese/fat, I think she could have most definitely found a more flattering suit. If I had her body, I would choose a bikini top with a bit more support and for her thighs, one of those shorts-type bikini bottoms (which are very cute).
In my experience, the boy-shorts style of swimsuit bottom does NOT flatter thick thighs in the least. I once read it described as looking like two christmas hams sticking out of the shorts. And it's true. There's no type of swimsuit that is super-flattering to large thighs. Just wear what you like best and hope you have a nice bum or boobs to distract from it! :-P

Also, mimi, first I'll apologize if I'm ever one of the people who seems to be dissing skinny people. That is never my intention, and I don't think anyone else means it that way either. I think the problem most people have is when the press call someone "gorgeous" and "perfect" and "ideal" when they are CLEARLY far too thin. I mean skeleton skinny. Not natural, healthy, you're-just-built-that-way skinny.
Harryite #0094   

PopppyDaisy

Quote from: Mimi-chan on May 18, 2008, 12:11:03 AM
Like most East Asian girls (Oriental), I'm very slender and petite (think Kate Middleton without the height) and while I think it's great that everyone rallies around the fuller/curvier girls when they're criticised, I think it's unfair that usually people put down "skinny" figures as unattractive at the same time. And no one will ever stand up against it. It seems like just because being thin is praised in the media and curviness is not, everyone starts to insult being skinny (calling it unhealthy, anorexic, etc.).

Yeah I agree with you here, I'm fairly slender, and one of  friends who is bigger than me - called me a skinny bitch the other day when we were having a discussion about clothes and bras and where you could buy them and stuff, the other girls on the table laughed (apart from my best friend). She meant it in a jokey way but if I called had a fat bitch they'd be outrage so why is she allowed to do it the other way.

I've got some friends who are much skinnier than me, one who used to be chubbier at 11 then a few years ago went through a mini anorexia spell and never put on the weight she still looks nice and eats well so shes got no problems. Then another who is naturally tiny but unbelievably skinny most of the time we put it down to her weight but during exam/stressful times like now she effectively stops eating and has been down to 4 stone before!!! And a thrid who eats like a horse and stays skinny (partly to do with her smoking and I think it's a reason why she won't give it up despite our bugging because she thinks she'll put the weight on)

So in all you've just got to find a balance inbetween, as long as your BMI's healthy (and I'm sure Bea's is) you should be fine.
Having seen a trailer about 'The Duchess of Yorks fat fighting mission' I think if she thought Bea was fat (and she'd know!) she's make her lose it.
HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down