Chelsy snubbed again

Started by zdenka, March 22, 2008, 10:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brittanylala

:ugh: Trust the Daily Mail  :ugh:

benign

i thought people who are invited to a wedding could bring a guest unless of course its different with the Royals...

saywhatwhat

Bah.  Don't believe one word of it.  Prince Harry will have a plus one option anyway.  Also, I doubt Kate received an invitation separate from being on PW's.  She isn't friends with them...her presence is only b/c she is dating PW.  If they broke up before the wedding, she would not be wanted.

Also, I don't think Chelsy skis.  I've never seen pics of her doing it...and Harry hasn't been skiing in ages anyway--probably b/c Chelsy doesn't like it so they do something else.  There is no way they are going to invite Pippa over Chelsy.  Besides...Chelsy has been received by PC at polo matches and other things...so obviously he is aware of the relaitonship.

sillyjobug

Yeah, okay...I'll believe it when I see it. If Kate's there, it's as a guest of William. If Chelsy's there, it's as a guest of Harry. This wedding is a casual, family affair, and I can't see Peter and Autumn leaving Chelsy off the list because of some "royal protocol" or any such thing. I'm sure they've told Harry that he's welcome to bring Chelsy as a date, and if she doesn't attend it's a personal decision between herself and Harry.

Now...what I'd LOVELOVELOVE to see is Chelsy there as a bridesmaid. Especially if Kate weren't there at all. I know it won't happen, but it'd be brilliant!
Harryite #0094   

Harry2me4ever

if the story is true then it's very rude for the RF to invite one girlfriend and not invite the other.

serene grace

Why should Chelsy go to the wedding at all, neither should Kate imo.
How would the Daily Mail know that Kate got an invite, did the Palace send them the guest list.
So it looks like Kate will be getting glowing-pages in the press on Autumn's wedding day.

Chelsy is better off staying away.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

saywhatwhat

Because when you go to a wedding you always get a plus one unless the bride and groom are trying to cut way down on costs or are just being cheap.  I think Peter and Autumn can afford to have plus ones.  The girls would go as dates to the princes.  It's pretty common to take someone with you to a wedding...

It s just blather by Katie Nicholls.  I doubt she has the invite list.  Kate wouldn't have been issued a separate invitation unless she was being invited in her own right--not as a date of PW's.  She may have been named on his invite...like HRH Prince William (or whatever) and Miss Catherine Middleton (that's the polite thing to do...generally putting and Guest is considered rude...so one is supposed to find out who an invitee will bring as a guest and list them on the invite)...but she would not be given her own invite. 

serene grace

Katie Nicholls doesn't like Chelsy I think, she always writes negative things.
The DMail can't focus on Harry and Chelsy's nice holiday at her parents together or their boat trip.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Nighthawk

it wouldn't be very Nice of the royals to allow Just Kate the Great to attend this wedding if one can't attend then the other shouldn't be allowed as well :notamused: once more biased showed in favor of Miss Perfectkins :rolleyes:

Diedera

Doesn't sound like a strong story.  Sounds more like a "shot in the dark".  Since it would take a Royal Bride and her guest list to discredit the thoughts, (and that isn't going to happen) we won't expect anything more from this type of story other than more speculation.   :shrug:
:snowflake:

Nighthawk

from the way it's been going I wouldn't be surprised If Kate the Great doesn't show up at this wedding it'll be more news about How IN Kate the Great really is.  I feel sry for Chesly having to deal w/this type of trash every week nothing like being compared constantly  :french:

Polo Fan

If this is true I don't like and I don't have any respect for Peter and Autumn anymore.  

serene grace

Why would she title it Chelsy snubbed Again.........when was she supposedly snubbed in Katie Nicholls mind.........the girl was front and center at the Diana Concert with the Princes and Katie Nicholls still said how horrible it was that Chelsy was front and center. Ms. Nicholl needs to make up her mind.
Maybe Pippa called and told her that Kate was invited, at this point I really don't see William having very much in the way of common sense about Kate possibly being a distraction a bit, on Autumn's day.

sandy

The Daily Kate  always has "unnamed sources."How do they know that Kate got an invite. The Daily Kate has it in for Chelsy. This same drivel was written about Kate getting a Sandringham invite and excluding Chelsy(neither attended). Probably neither will show up for this wedding though I have visions of Kate grinning andm mugging for the cameras.

serene grace

I have nightmares of Kate coming out of the church, grinning,mugging.

Nighthawk

If Kate does go wonder what type of dress she'll wear :hmm: she's out done everything else so far.  Kate Nicholls doesn't like Chesly that's very clear yet she'll suck up to Kate maybe it's because Kate's sis and co does call in tips to let them know what's up :lol: I'm being sarcastic and a smart :censored:

fawbert

Quote from: benign on March 22, 2008, 10:14:59 PM
i thought people who are invited to a wedding could bring a guest unless of course its different with the Royals...

Depends how big a wedding it is. Usually you only ask your family or friends, not your family and friends plus their guests.
Fawbert

MapleLeaf

IF this story is true, I think no snub was intended by Peter and Autumn.  The article said the invitations were mailed out weeks ago, so the invitations could've been mailed out before to Harry's return from Afghanistan. 

If so, Peter and Autumn wouldn't have known that Harry and Chelsy were actually together.  Peter looks like a nice guy, he has a kind smile and I've never read that he has a bad temper or that he's mean to people.  I doubt if he would deliberately snub the woman that Harry loves.   

I also believe that Chelsy is a reasonable person who would understand the circumstances and realise that Peter and Autumn were under the impression that she and Harry weren't together anymore. 

Now that it's known and understood that Harry and Chelsy are together, I would think that Peter and Autumn will want to make sure Chelsy has a very special invitation, probably even a personal phone call asking her if she would attend.
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

hippie_cyndi

like I said over @ Harry's thread Katie Nicholl never disappoints.......I'll take anything she writes with a bucket of salt....the fact that she wrote the 'invitation' were send wks ago tells how little she knows......for one any royal wedding are send 2-4 months prior to it taking place and are usually for family/close friends/other royal houses/dignitaries/gov't officials.

.....I doubt either Harry or William's gfs would be @ the wedding.

Quote from: serene grace on March 22, 2008, 11:58:37 PM
at this point I really don't see William having very much in the way of common sense about Kate possibly being a distraction a bit, on Autumn's day.

exactly.....this is the same guy who paraded her and her family @ Sandhurst graduation......then was shocked the media went hysterical.....then dumped her few months later.....then took her back...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

saywhatwhat

Quote from: fawbert on March 23, 2008, 12:56:51 AM
Depends how big a wedding it is. Usually you only ask your family or friends, not your family and friends plus their guests.

Untrue.  Unless you are having a very small event (either b/c you want family only or b/c you are trying to save money)--which while Peter/Autumn's maybe small versus other royal events it is not that small nor do I think there is a money issue here, it is generally considered very impolite not to invite the serious partners of your guests, particulrly if you invite some (Kate) and not others (Chelsy).  Ask Miss Manners or any etiquette expert.

Anyway, Katie Nicholl's is full of it.  As mentioned, Chelsy was front and center at the Concert for Diana.  Chelsy hasn't gone to other things Kate has b/c she has been living in South Africa.  Now that she is in Leeds I expect she'll show up at events with Harry more often...UNLESS and this could be likely, she has made it clear to him that she has no interest in having to attend events due to the press/paps.  She doesn't seem to love the limelight so she may prefer not attending things with Harry.

hippie_cyndi

not 2 mention Chelsy was shown back in 2004 way before Kate was entertained by the tabs as serious gf.....2 be accepted by at lease Prince Charles.....I remember seing that picture of Harry and Chelsy with Charles.....were Charles greeted her by a kiss on the cheek........not 2 mention Chelsy seems to be close to and hangs out on her own with most of the rooted aristo in that crowd......from William's major crush Isabella's family 2 others.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

bpwriter47

first, it's the DM and I don't know much about Peter and Autumn but can't imagine they wouldn't let Harry bring her.  This is one of those things we will have to wait and see about.  I like the last line, Chelsy is becoming the Royals Cinderella.  Was that a compliment??? From the DM???

Lila the Flirt

I'll wait until the wedding. Plus, I don't believe Katie ***-worshipping Nicholl anyway. She just :brightside: Kate so everyone else is  :thumbsdown:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Mimi-chan

Quote from: MapleLeaf on March 23, 2008, 01:00:04 AM
IF this story is true, I think no snub was intended by Peter and Autumn.  The article said the invitations were mailed out weeks ago, so the invitations could've been mailed out before to Harry's return from Afghanistan. 

If so, Peter and Autumn wouldn't have known that Harry and Chelsy were actually together.  Peter looks like a nice guy, he has a kind smile and I've never read that he has a bad temper or that he's mean to people.  I doubt if he would deliberately snub the woman that Harry loves.   

I also believe that Chelsy is a reasonable person who would understand the circumstances and realise that Peter and Autumn were under the impression that she and Harry weren't together anymore. 

Now that it's known and understood that Harry and Chelsy are together, I would think that Peter and Autumn will want to make sure Chelsy has a very special invitation, probably even a personal phone call asking her if she would attend.

I agree. Chelsy didn't receive an invite because Peter and Autumn thought that Harry and Chelsy were no longer together.
And I'm sure that Chelsy will probably end up attending the wedding as Harry's guest, unless she doesn't want to.
But I very much doubt that Autumn and Peter would be opposed to Chelsy attending their wedding.