Zara's Mike Tindall being formally charged for drunk driving after previous arre

Started by anikas, March 18, 2008, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anikas

Zara Phillips' rugby star boyfriend arrested for drink-driving day after 'drinking champagne at Cheltenham Festival'

Zara's Mike in M4 booze arrest

QuoteTHE rugby star boyfriend of Zara Phillips was arrested for drink-driving – allegedly after boozing it up at the Cheltenham Racing Festival.

World Cup hero Mike Tindall was stopped on the M4 the next MORNING as he drove to Twickenham for England's game against Ireland.

:o  <_<
Willite #0107 Cheese-ite #0015

Rhiannon*

Still drunk from the night before??? I thought that was only allowed while in university...ahhh, the good old days  :sigh:

Seriously though, as it says he was pulled over for speeding, perhaps he no longer felt the effects although I'm sure he was hungover. But when you're as big as he is, your BAC goes over the limit way before you feel it.  :shrug:

Miss Scarlett

^ Exactly.  I'm sure he felt like crud from his hangover, but he probably thought he was not drunk. . .that's a terrible thing to happen to anyone.

Goes to show how careful one must be!

leogirl

heather

A rugby player...still drunk the next day.......good lord.

Varya

Quote from: leogirl on March 19, 2008, 04:23:48 AM
Such a great role model. :notamused:

Not everyone who happens to be in the public eye has to be a role model. That is the public putting their own wishes and perceptions onto the person. That said... tsk tsk... driving drunk is NEVER okay. :notamused:
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

Nighthawk

hippie_cyndi

that's a bad judgment on Mike's part.....hope this is a lesson for him not 2 ever repeat it.....poor Zara.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

leogirl

Quote from: Varya on March 19, 2008, 05:14:18 AM
Not everyone who happens to be in the public eye has to be a role model. That is the public putting their own wishes and perceptions onto the person. That said... tsk tsk... driving drunk is NEVER okay. :notamused:

I know they don't want to be, but they are. Kids look up to him, especially if they want to be rugby players when they grow up, or even if they just play it for fun and not as a career goal. :notamused:

How embarrassing. :notamused:

Pri

This is unbelievable.  There is no excuse for this kind of behavior.  Thought probably didn't even enter the equation.  It's beyond embarrassing--it's deplorable.  He could have cause harm to someone else. It is that makes me the most angry. 
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

MapleLeaf

My concern is the fact that he just had a tear or a rupture in his liver 4 or 5 weeks ago.  Is his liver healed enough yet for heavy drinking?

I like Mike, and I think Varya is right about not everyone being a role model.  However, Mike has to think about Zara's position as the granddaughter of the Queen.  Doesn't he owe it to Zara not to get into a situation like this? 

I think the police and the tabs should've taken a couple of things into consideration, like the fact that a man Mike's size had probably metabolised all of the alcohol a few hours before, and that he probably wasn't even feeling intoxicated.

But at the same time Mike could've avoided the situation by simply not speeding.  Why did the police test him anyway?  Were they just giving him a hard time, or is that normal procedure in the U.K. when a person is pulled over for speeding?

My biggest question is was Mike really sick all over himself the night before, and did Zara really fall off her chair and hit her head on the table, or is the Sun just telling lies? (Again!)
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

serene grace

It's not good for him to be drinking and driving. What if someone got injured while driving drunk? He should think before getting behind a wheel.

I think he only needs to be a role model, to his own children one day ,I think parents should be their children's role models.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Miss Scarlett

Quote from: MapleLeaf on March 20, 2008, 05:48:24 AM
My concern is the fact that he just had a tear or a rupture in his liver 4 or 5 weeks ago.  Is his liver healed enough yet for heavy drinking?

But at the same time Mike could've avoided the situation by simply not speeding.  Why did the police test him anyway?  Were they just giving him a hard time, or is that normal procedure in the U.K. when a person is pulled over for speeding?

That's a good point, ML, about the liver!  I didn't even think of that.  Perhaps he's gotten the all-clear from his doctor?  One would think, though, that he'd be taking it easy. . .

About the testing, I'd imagine he still probably reeked of alcohol if he was as drunk as the tabs said the night before.  Even if it was no longer on his breath, very drunk people the day after still have that "smell" about them.  Perhaps that is what prompted the DUI test?

I just hope he has learned a valuable lesson. . .

heather

Quote from: serene grace on March 20, 2008, 05:59:03 AM
It's not good for him to be drinking and driving. What if someone got injured while driving drunk? He should think before getting behind a wheel.

I think he only needs to be a role model, to his own children one day ,I think parents should be their children's role models.

Agree, and he should take his liver injury a lot more seriously

No doubt Zara has given him a right good bollocking!

colinwatkins

Such language is more suitable for a drunken rugby player.

fawbert

It's very easy to be over the limit 10 hours after a drinks session. He probably thought he as in the clear. It's something that happens very often though.
Fawbert

Pri

I understand and I've been there, but it still doesn't make it okay or permissable.
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

heather

Very true Fawbs.

I love Rugby, it is not for cissies......

mclarek

Zara was probably sleeping off her hangover....too bad Mike doesn't have a Royal Protection Officer to drive him about. It is embarrassing, illegal and abhorrent but it may be the event he needs to assess his health, lifestyle  (the heavy drinking sessions) as well as his choices. Perhaps it will be time to settle down...

Lillianna

I especially agree with Wheet, ML and fawbert. It is embarassing. And yes, alcohol remains in the system for quite a while. A couple of politicians here were caught out the morning after and booked for driving under the influence, even though it had been more than 12 hours since they had been drinking. People were stunned.

It's bad enough he has been blabbing about his relationship so much in the media recently, but the fact that he has been drinking while still recovering from surgery and now caught speeding and under the influence is deplorable at best... is this the beginning of the end for him? It would a pity, since they both seem to be devoted to each other. But this is no excuse for either complacency or stupidity.
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

WOW

This is sad to hear. I'm sure its very embaressing to both of them and rightfully so for Mike.

hippie_cyndi

Quote from: mclarek on March 20, 2008, 09:02:51 PM
Zara was probably sleeping off her hangover....too bad Mike doesn't have a Royal Protection Officer to drive him about. It is embarrassing, illegal and abhorrent but it may be the event he needs to assess his health, lifestyle  (the heavy drinking sessions) as well as his choices. Perhaps it will be time to settle down...

neither does Zara.....she's just smart enough 2 stay home or take a cab....not 2 mention most times she's around the country or in Europe competing in preparation for the Olympic.....which means alcohol consumption is kept minimal.

...don't shoot....but I always thought Zara can do so much better in term of future husband.....hopefully he gets his act together and stop talking so much about his personal life with her.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery: