Prince Harry in Afghanistan, now home!!! ~ all articles here!!!

Started by Rhiannon*, February 28, 2008, 04:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhiannon*

http://drudgereport.com/

So that's where he's been...

Nighthawk

Princess H

"Harry the Hero!" This is great news! I am so happy he could finally do what he wanted to do!

karla64

It has confirmed by CNN news   I don't have a link right now but soon...

saywhatwhat

It was in New Idea back at the beginning of January...he just dropped off the planet after mid-December...clearly he was on military deployment...  The only surprise is most of the media held onto the "embargo" untill two months end...  If it is three months, he should be done end of March...

Lady_In_Waiting

DM report:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=522552&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Although I am happy he has been able to do this I am disappointed at the media for printing it. Some things are meant to be secret for a reason. The army wouldn't have wanted this out because of Harry's safety. It would have been better if we didn't know. Now not only do we know but terrorists will too meaning that the media have now put him at great risk. Al-Qaeda will be on the lookout now and will more than likely try to track him down meaning that Harry's trip to Afganistan may now be cut short. Sc :censored:w the media when are they ever going to learn to shut-up!!  :mad: :hissyfit: :ugh:

Kate

Why would this Drudge whatever, give out this news? I think they should have kept quiet. I think anyone with a brain could have figured out where Harry was.....
Hope he comes home safely... :mad:

saywhatwhat

Al Qaeda and other groups do not need the media for intelligence.  They aren't stupid--particularly the well regulated and informed Al Qaeda.  It's nice the media backed off but don't be fooled that everyone in Afghanistan didn't know.  Clearly, PH can't drop off the planet and no one raises an eyebrow.  I'm not the CIA, but after he went MIA in December, I would have bet he wa sin Afghanistan or Iraq.

Hope he finished out his last month safely!  Hope all the soldiers stay safe!

MEW

The following is directed at no one on this forum:
We have known this for a long time here.  Some people are moral and conscientious - others aren't.  I'm at peace when I sleep at night.

karla64

Rhiannon*

To Kate:

Drudge Report is kind of like Perez Hilton but serious news. He usually does all the major world headlines, regardless of consequences...see his publishing that photo of Barack Obama in African dress.

On-topic: I think this is really great for all the nay-sayers complaining that the Royal Family never does anything. Now they actually owe their safety and well being to one of them, as do we all, regardless of whether or not we're British. Well done Harry!

PS Long time lurker but first time poster, I figured this news would be a good way to start off  :hiya:

dizzylizzy13

I find this extremely irresponsible ... what purpose did they think this would serve? Are they not busy enough at the DR putting out pictures of Obama dressed as Gandhi online?

:thumbsdown:

Inge Jones

Oh well that explains the "trial seperation" from Chelsy!  With any luck that was just a smoke screen and they're still an item :)

hippie_cyndi

Quote from: MEW on February 28, 2008, 05:28:50 PM
The following is directed at no one on this forum:
We have known this for a long time here.  Some people are moral and conscientious - others aren't.  I'm at peace when I sleep at night.

exactly.....some of us who have family/friends in Afghanistan have known about it......we just know how 2 mind our business....for the sake of our troops safety.

Quote from: Rhiannon* on February 28, 2008, 04:53:51 PM
http://drudgereport.com/

So that's where he's been...

apparently Drudgereport is where things that the rest of the media doesn't wanna touch goes 2 :notamused:

....anyway good on Harry.......we are proud of him.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

saywhatwhat

It was pubished online on New Idea's site back in January.  People just ignored it b/c New Idea is a tabloid.  The Drudge Report isn't.  They post dirt but it's generally always verifiable.

Here is a link to the original January story of New Idea's that the Drudge Report is referring too.

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/new-idea/9210/prince-harry-war-lord/

Also, the rest of the media was just itching to release the details.  In minutes of the DR posting it, the Guardian, the DM, the Sun, etc all had articles.  They could have continued the embargo and just left DR with nothing more to stand by than a New Idea tabloid article.  With everyone writing about it, the MoD was fored to go from no comment to the DR to a lengthy statement.  Sad they couldn't all restain themselves.

MEW

@dl :thumbsup:  Freedom of the press and the internet should not include endangering people to make a dollar.  This announcement is not just about Harry but the rest of the men fighting with him.  Everyone has known where he is and most of us at the forum have long drawn the conclusion that the Chelsy breakup was probably a plant.

:flower: Thanks to everyone who tried to keep this quiet.

hippie_cyndi

NI is a joke and was making a prediction like most people with a mediocre of a brain can do so.......kinda like Daily Star and British People.

.....Drudereport in fact publishes things that have strong sources......from scandals coming out of our Presidential campaign 2 this kind of breaking news.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

saywhatwhat

Yes, but DR didn't CITE any sources in their report--just New Idea...  Like I said DR has *verifiable* dirt...  However, untill they named sources, they could have been ignored.  But the media was on the whole just itching to release all this info...  Probably had stories already filed given the breadth of the one on the Guardian that was posted with 3 minutes of the DR report coming online basically.  Again, just sad everyone had to jump on the bandwagon after two months of restraint.

dizzylizzy13

Well, girls, I guess the Harryites finally got their pictures!  :laugh:

saywhatwhat

are they now even releasing the photo stuff from their time in Afghanistan with harry that they said they'd wait to release till he was back now?  are these Afghan pictures???

angeleyed

i saw him talking all over cnn. he looked great but now im worried sick :( now that its so public its soooooooooooooo much more dangerous. :cry: he looked good though.... and made me laugh when he said he didnt miss the booze. glad to see he is proving who he is.
to be trusted ...  ...a greater compliment
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M