Prince Edward's anxious wait

Started by Jenee, February 12, 2008, 02:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Monsters & Critics

QuoteBritain's Prince Edward, and his wife Sophie, the Countess of Wessex are "worried sick" their newborn son is suffering from a dangerous allergy to cow's milk.

A milk allergy is not the end of the world :rolleyes:  My sister had that allergy and she drank soy milk for a few years until she grew out of it!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

heather

I agree Jenee, they over dramaticise and awfulize such things in the rag press.

Lillianna

Why give him cow's milk? Why not pasteurised milk instead? Or goat's milk. There is really nothing to be worried about. My parents tried to force me to drink cow's milk as a child, because they were convinced it was "best for me" - straight from the cow. I could never get it down, or keep it down. It was one of the worst things I have ever tasted. But I love ordinary milk - no problems there.
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Trudie

I can see them being worried as the result of the allergy test is not in yet. But millions of children have allergies and out grow them it wouldn't be the end of the world if Sophie had to stop nursing for a week or two to eliminate cows milk from her milk and drink soy or goats milk in order to nurse again.

anikas

Milk allergy/ intorolance to lactose is one of the most common allergies in small children. Gazzilions of kids have it... Nothing of other world  :shrug:
Willite #0107 Cheese-ite #0015

sandy

Louise seems to have more health issues, but she seems to be rarely mentioned or seen. I hope the Wessexes see to her eye problem.

Trudie

I hope the Wessexes have now gotten the results and can rest easier. I would like to comment that Sandy is right Louise has health issues as well. I wonder when there will be more Pics of Louise the glimpses that we have had show a very pretty child who looks a lot like HM and pics of James would be nice too.

MEW

I'm hoping the pictures of James baptism will be made public.  I understand why we don't get pics of Louise.   Her eye does need to be taken care of soon, at least before she starts school.  I don't really know what her condition is or if the doctors suggested they wait until a certain age for the surgery.

sandy

I hope James isn't pictured a lot and Louise hidden away because of the eye condition.There's nothing wrong with pics of her,she's a beautiful little girl and many children have eye conditions.

truly_thata

i hope they will find solution for James, poor that little baby :cry:
We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

leogirl

Louise had the surgery when she was two.

QuoteLouise was born with the eye disorder exotropia. In January 2006 it was unofficially revealed that Lady Louise had undergone a 30-minute operation under general anaesthetic to correct the problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Louise_Windsor

Trudie

So what is the problem of letting the public see her? are they ashamed that she was not born perfect?. At the age of four i don't see why she can't attend church with the RF at Christmas and Easter.

MEW

I don't have the pics and cannot find them.  But Louise was pictured recently looking out a window with her mother.  It was while she was pregnant with James and Louise's eye looked crossed to me.  Does anyone else remember this?  Louise is 4 now.

sandy

I saw the pic of Louise looking out the window and she had the crossed eye or "cast" in the eye. She is a pretty child and this is no reason to hide her out. I read that actress Norma Shearer had this condition (she had an operation) and learned to control the "cast" when she made motion pictures from the twenties to the early forties. It is something that can be repaired though I doubt the Wessexes have done anything about the operation yet. Anna Nicole's baby daughter also has the "lazy eye"--there was a pic with her dad--she wore an eyepatch and is getting an operation. The father wasn't ashamed to have her out in the open and photographed. This will give Louise more psychological damage if she feels there is some "shame" involved in her eye condition.

Mary Rose

What is the big deal?

Quote from: Jenee on February 12, 2008, 02:07:40 PM
Monsters & Critics

A milk allergy is not the end of the world :rolleyes:  My sister had that allergy and she drank soy milk for a few years until she grew out of it!

Exaclty.  Same here.  I was allergic to milk when I was born and grew out of it.

serene grace

Click!

:flower: :teddy: :date: :hug:

~EDITED: Please do not post copyrighted pictures. Provide a link instead

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

sandy

There is a second photo in this series where the cast is more apparent. She's looking in the same direction in this one.

serene grace

She looks very good. A real little sweetheart. .sticky :teddy: :flower:

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

sandy

She should be out more though and I am  hoping she is seen with the Queen's other grandchildren at Sandringham, et al.

MEW

ty :flower: for the picture.  She is a cute little girl.

Trudie

So why is such a beautiful little girl hidden away? this is like the story of King George V and Queen Mary hiding their son Prince John away as he was not perfect only he was hidden at Sandrinham away from his family with only his nanny and his Grandmother Queen Alexandra paying any attention to him until he died at 13. What a pity that the RF still feels that a less than perfect child should not be seen. :thumbsdown:

leogirl

I don't know if they are "hiding" her so much as they don't want her to be in the public eye. Maybe they want her to have a "normal" life and avoid all the cameras and media attention? Either way, I wish we could get some proper pics of her out and about, not just a couple of her looking out of a window. :(

truly_thata

Louise look like Queen Elizabeth :teddy:
We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

Trudie

Quote from: leogirl814 on February 15, 2008, 04:48:45 AM
I don't know if they are "hiding" her so much as they don't want her to be in the public eye. Maybe they want her to have a "normal" life and avoid all the cameras and media attention? Either way, I wish we could get some proper pics of her out and about, not just a couple of her looking out of a window. :(

Perhaps but Peter and Zara as children had normal lives and were only seen going to church services on holidays.

Lila the Flirt

This thread is about the Viscount Severn. Please remain on topic.

I don't think of it as a "dangerous allergy." It's a fairly common one, is it not? My godson suffers the same fate. :shrug: And I think it's becoming more common these days.

But a swollen head? Did they not realise beforehand he was already allergic? :hmm:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila: