Peter & Autumn wedding plans: all related articles here

Started by Wombat, November 11, 2007, 04:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wombat

Adam Helliker..Sunday Express

QuoteIt may be almost winter but PETER PHILLIPS'S thoughts are very much stuck in Autumn. Or rather the details of his wedding to his Canadian squeeze Autumn Kelly. When the Princess Royal's beefy son is asked about his nuptials he remains coy – he told one interviewer it "may be late summer" – but I can reveal that the ceremony will be in May at Windsor Castle. As a grandson of the Queen, Peter has been given her permission to use St George's Chapel, where Prince Edward married Sophie, and Prince Charles's union to Camilla was blessed. Although the chapel can seat up to 800, the Phillips wedding will be much smaller. Gordonstoun-educated Peter, 30, who works in the Royal Bank of Scotland's sponsorship department, met Autumn, 29, during the 2003 Montreal Grand Prix. They now share a cottage on Princess Anne's Gatcombe Park estate in Gloucestershire. As happened at Prince Edward's wedding, the bride's family will be allowed to stay at Royal Lodge in Windsor Great Park. Asked whether he was concerned about Autumn marrying into the Royal Family, her father Brian Kelly, a retired electricity company executive, says: "She was brought up as a down-to-earth girl and she and Peter will be just fine, for that reason."
Excellent news! :thumbsup:

MEW

Thanks, Wombat.  I needed some good news tonight about the RF.

PrincessKLS

Elisevonblah

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, I have no facts

angeleyed

to be trusted ...  ...a greater compliment
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

Pri

"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Nighthawk

:xmas2: thanks wombat excellent I hope they're very happy together  :xmas2:

Tizzy

Extremely georgeous, classy couple.  Great news indeed.  Thanks Wombat.
Can't wait to see her dress :happy:

hippie_cyndi

wonderful news.....I hope they invite young european royals.....I think last time William ever met with many of them was @ crown prince of Greece son's christening.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

Nighthawk

So my Question is do the Royals have more than One wedding a year ???  If Kate and William are secertly engaged and they are to wed next year would that really happen does the royal's do that ???  just asking a simple Question.....I am sure Peter and Autumn wouldn't want their wedding overshadowed by Kate. JMO

Dreama

Margherita

Wonderful news  :happy: But will it be televised?

Wombat

Probably not...I'd prefer to see these 2 getting hitched than Wills and Kate :whoopdeedoo:

Margherita

So would I- I imagine Peter and Autumn's wedding will be understated and elegant  :laugh:

Wombat

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 11, 2007, 08:45:28 AM
If Kate and William are secertly engaged and they are to wed next year would that really happen does the royal's do that ??? 
I doubt it :shrug:

fawbert

But is Miss Kelly converting to the Church of England, or is a Roman Catholic prelate to officiate in St George's Chapel?

:unsure:
Fawbert

Wombat

I'd say she's just about there Fawbie. I doubt they would have gotten anywhere near to announcing the engagement without the ball being rolled on the whole conversion thing way before it. :unsure: And I think they announced the engagement as a preemptive ploy to pressure for changes to allow Peter to keep his place in the line of succession. Although I could be wrong 8)

fawbert

Quote from: Margherita on November 11, 2007, 09:00:03 AM
Wonderful news  :happy: But will it be televised?

No, I doubt whether it will be televised because Peter stresses quite vehemently that he aint no royal. I think the "do" will follow the precedent set by Lady Helen Windsor and Tim Taylor in 1992.The chapel with cameras outside.
Fawbert

Diedera

:snowflake:

princessoctavia

Its usually only more senior members of the royal family that have their wedding televised

Wombat

Peter to wed Autumn... In May  - The Sun
QuoteROYAL Peter Phillips is to marry Canadian bride Autumn Kelly at Windsor Castle in May. Princess Anne's son asked the Queen if the spring service could be held in St George's Chapel.
Well duh!

Elisevonblah

Quote from: fawbert on November 11, 2007, 10:15:22 AM
But is Miss Kelly converting to the Church of England, or is a Roman Catholic prelate to officiate in St George's Chapel?

:unsure:

Why would a RC prelate have to be there  if she doesn't convert? That doesn't make any sense.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion, I have no facts

Nighthawk

So next year is a royal wedding awesome also this means that William and Kate will not be wed next year.  For in the time of the Royals there hasn't ever been 2 wedding in one year.

fawbert

Quote from: Elisevonblah on November 16, 2007, 03:49:35 AM
Why would a RC prelate have to be there  if she doesn't convert? That doesn't make any sense.

I would have thought that a Roman Catholic would like a Roman Catholic wedding conducted by the appropriate clergy... :hmm:
Fawbert